Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TipsyBob  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2018 10:10:00(UTC)
TipsyBob

Hello people,

I am planning on ordering a New Rs 280 cup when i get back from my Holidays but, I was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to get the car from the point of ordering it.

I'll be away for a few weeks and i'm considering ordering it and then getting it when i come back. But if it arrives quickly, i'll just wait until i'm home again.

Cheers
Tips.Big Smile
Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2018 11:40:01(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: TipsyBob Go to Quoted Post
Hello people,

I am planning on ordering a New Rs 280 cup when i get back from my Holidays but, I was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to get the car from the point of ordering it.

I'll be away for a few weeks and i'm considering ordering it and then getting it when i come back. But if it arrives quickly, i'll just wait until i'm home again.

Cheers
Tips.Big Smile

'Quickly' is not in the Renault vocabulary.

A number of dealers do seem to have cars in stock but you will need to accept the spec/colour as is.

If you place an order for a new car you will be quoted the standard 3-4 months to delivery.
Experience tells me that 4 is most likely and will to some extent depend on how many are alredy in the queue following the August shutdown and the origin release debacle that saw a number of orders placed on a waiting list.
Offline RED21  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2018 11:47:40(UTC)
RED21

All depends on what specification & options you choose.
If there is one available that meets your requirements at the dealership or at the import centre stock, it could be only a couple of weeks, but if you requested a specific option or colour that is not available, there will be some form of waiting involved which the dealership will know more once the order has been placed with Renault/ factory.
Offline TipsyBob  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2018 14:37:30(UTC)
TipsyBob

Thanks for the replys.

Remarkably there is only 1 dealer in N.ire that i can see and they don't have any models of the RS 280 and don't plan on getting any flip sake..

So, i'd be ordering one the way i want it so i'm guessing a few months going by what you say. Cheers.
Offline dave.berry  
#5 Posted : 25 August 2018 19:44:34(UTC)
dave.berry

Ordered mine early July still do not have a build date yet so hope you can wait
Someone on here ordered last week looking at December delivery
Offline Rolo  
#6 Posted : 27 August 2018 08:34:56(UTC)
Rolo

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. The dealer said they can't even put the order through until September, then looking at a mid December delivery. Should be worth the wait,though!!
Offline TipsyBob  
#7 Posted : 05 February 2019 15:08:10(UTC)
TipsyBob

Thought I'd update this.

So as planned i ordered my rs 280 in September 2018.

It's been delayed a few times, most recently i was told the delay is down to a back log at the homologation centre ( Car test centre to ensure it meets new emissions standards.

So I've been told mid-march 2019 delivery date.
Offline Rolo  
#8 Posted : 05 February 2019 17:23:44(UTC)
Rolo

Thought I'd update this.

It's been delayed a few times, most recently i was told the delay is down to a back log at the homologation centre ( Car test centre to ensure it meets new emissions standards.

Have you got a chassis/build number yet? I only ask, as I ordered mine in August & I've got a chassis number & a confirmed delivery date of 21st May!!
Offline Theos  
#9 Posted : 05 February 2019 17:59:39(UTC)
Theos

I ordered on 19th December and got something like 19 weeks or so, don't know if it's the delivery time or the build time tbh, will ask with the deale. I only know that the dealer said Renault allocated a chassis number.

Edited by user 05 February 2019 18:02:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rolo  
#10 Posted : 05 February 2019 19:41:16(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: Theos Go to Quoted Post
I ordered on 19th December and got something like 19 weeks or so, don't know if it's the delivery time or the build time tbh, will ask with the deale. I only know that the dealer said Renault allocated a chassis number.

If the dealer has had a confirmation they should be able to give you all the details. Mine sent me a screenshot of the details they received from Renault. It showed chassis number, build details, date it will arrive in UK, docks it will arrive at, date it will arrive at dealers etc.
Offline TipsyBob  
#11 Posted : 05 February 2019 20:03:07(UTC)
TipsyBob

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
Thought I'd update this.

Have you got a chassis/build number yet? I only ask, as I ordered mine in August & I've got a chassis number & a confirmed delivery date of 21st May!!

No Rolo,

The only thing i got was a screenshot of Renault confirming my order.

The last response i got from my dealer was Jan 22nd 2019..

. "Just had an update from Renault and we are looking at a mid-march delivery to ourselves, this is still an estimated and may come forward or back slightly but I will keep in touch as and when I get an update from Renault."

Offline Rolo  
#12 Posted : 06 February 2019 09:01:00(UTC)
Rolo

Because Renault closed the order books in July & didn't re-open them until January there's a huge backlog of orders. Your order, like mine, was placed with the dealer early but not actually with Renault until January. I was originally told March, then the end of April until all the details came through with the confirmed date of 21st May. It'll be worth the wait, though!
Offline Theos  
#13 Posted : 06 February 2019 20:38:03(UTC)
Theos

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Theos Go to Quoted Post

If the dealer has had a confirmation they should be able to give you all the details. Mine sent me a screenshot of the details they received from Renault. It showed chassis number, build details, date it will arrive in UK, docks it will arrive at, date it will arrive at dealers etc.

Talked with the dealer today and the car will arrive at them in the first week of May. Asked him if Renault usually delivers earlier or later, and he said they usually arrive a bit faster then the delivery date.
Offline Kieranidus  
#14 Posted : 07 February 2019 08:43:35(UTC)
Kieranidus

im getting the tropghy and i am expected delivery into my dealership around 1st week in may or week or after. i get more excited as weeks go on.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#15 Posted : 12 February 2019 10:09:39(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

If you don't feel like waiting.....

https://www.pistonheads....ultsport-1-8-cup/9428734

(Beautiful looking. This or an Hyundai i30N. No comparison....)
Offline Kirsty172  
#16 Posted : 12 February 2019 19:50:40(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post

totally. i30n is about 5k less than that advertised car with similar mileage.
Offline Colm_ire  
#17 Posted : 13 February 2019 13:22:26(UTC)
Colm_ire

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

And it's a Cup chassis, so it'd be similarly stiff and bouncy on back roads, also known as 'sporty/focused' or whatever nonsense term boy racer types use to describe suspension that doesn't properly do it's job.

The Sport chassis in manual on the other hand, sounds a very very interesting prospect for everyday usage, shame there are none of them available second hand
Offline CraigI  
#18 Posted : 13 February 2019 18:38:44(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Colm_ire Go to Quoted Post

And it's a Cup chassis, so it'd be similarly stiff and bouncy on back roads, also known as 'sporty/focused' or whatever nonsense term boy racer types use to describe suspension that doesn't properly do it's job.

The Sport chassis in manual on the other hand, sounds a very very interesting prospect for everyday usage, shame there are none of them available second hand

Have you driven the Cup Chasis?
Felt fine to me, more forgiving than my Cup-S and the Cup-S is not a set up that causes me many complaints day to day. The only time it bounces / skips is at 5mph in car parks.
Good that we have choices, so those that want softer can get it.

I’m going full sporty/focused Trophy to fulfil my boy racer persona.

Edited by user 13 February 2019 18:40:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marc_250  
#19 Posted : 13 February 2019 21:02:23(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

Felt fine to me, more forgiving than my Cup-S and the Cup-S is not a set up that causes me many complaints day to day. The only time it bounces / skips is at 5mph in car parks.

Guess I'm also of the 'nonsense boy racer' type as cup chassis on my old 250 and 200 always felt at home on country roads to me. There was even a video showing how the standard cup chassis compared to the optional Ohlins on the 275 which whilst showing the improvements the Ohlins could bring more highlighted just how good the standard Cup Chassis was over bumps. If the 280 is softer than the MK3 I personally would go cup allday..
Offline Kirsty172  
#20 Posted : 13 February 2019 22:26:14(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

Guess I'm also of the 'nonsense boy racer' type as cup chassis on my old 250 and 200 always felt at home on country roads to me. There was even a video showing how the standard cup chassis compared to the optional Ohlins on the 275 which whilst showing the improvements the Ohlins could bring more highlighted just how good the standard Cup Chassis was over bumps. If the 280 is softer than the MK3 I personally would go cup allday..

^^^^^^ wot he said.
Offline FramerateUK  
#21 Posted : 14 February 2019 12:19:19(UTC)
FramerateUK

Nothing wrong with the Cup chassis on the 280.

Yes it's hard, but it's not bone shaking. Feels similar to how I remember my 250 Cup to be. Much better dampened than the Clio 220 Trophy.

I'd never compromise on this sort of car and go for the standard without the LSD, even as a daily driver.
Offline MrVix  
#22 Posted : 14 February 2019 12:42:06(UTC)
MrVix

Are you sure you are on the right forum ?

The Cup chassis on the 280 I drove seamed perfectly acceptable to me.

Maybe you are purchasing in the wrong sectorShocked

I 'get' those that want a softer feel but to describe Renaultsport cars as having 'suspension that doesn't properly do its job' is plain ridiculous.

Renaultsport may produce cars where the 'gearbox' is not the apex but they are amongst the best in the business when it comes down to chassis/suspension set ups and for the record I am certainly no 'Boy Racer' LOL