Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bobbyboy  
#51 Posted : 11 February 2019 15:10:19(UTC)
bobbyboy

MMMM tough choice fiesta st or i30n , hyundai wins. But seriously ford should ditch those hideous wheels, i dont like mine on my megane gtnav but at least if i still have it when the warranty period is up, they will be powder coated black.
why do most manufacturers go for 2 exhaust pipes on one side when one either side looks far better. and no paddle-shift option, tut tut ford but i bet it has the heated windscreen (take note renault)
Offline Marc_250  
#52 Posted : 13 February 2019 20:53:02(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Odd match up, but disappointing if close.

Does leave some interesting questions. Given how close they were on that track is a Fiesta ST now quicker than a Megane 275 on 'that' track or is a Megane 275 quicker than a 280?

Are the tyres any good on the 280...or is it just the case of journos jumping on the average press of the latest Megane...

Does seem to a bit of a trend complaining about the stopping power of the Megane which would be a bit annoying if you've spent a grand on the upgraded brakes I guess the press car here has!
Offline Kirsty172  
#53 Posted : 13 February 2019 22:24:38(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Odd match up, but disappointing if close.

Does leave some interesting questions. Given how close they were on that track is a Fiesta ST now quicker than a Megane 275 on 'that' track or is a Megane 275 quicker than a 280?

Are the tyres any good on the 280...or is it just the case of journos jumping on the average press of the latest Megane...

Does seem to a bit of a trend complaining about the stopping power of the Megane which would be a bit annoying if you've spent a grand on the upgraded brakes I guess the press car here has!

surely those brakes can't be mediocre...can they?

i would imagine 275 must be faster, i really can't imagine an ST200 being faster than a 275. i've driven the ST200 and it really ain't that fast at all.

odd that the megane is not particularly fast over ground like that, i thought the 4ws was supposed to be really advantages in situations like that circuit?
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#54 Posted : 14 February 2019 11:04:59(UTC)
MrVix

Ford really have the market sown up in this sector and they have for nigh on 6 years now since the demise of the Clio 200 Cup.

At a price point of £19k and probably nearer £17k with a spot of discount it is practically half the price of the MeganeShocked

The Fiesta is light, handles, gearshift is brilliant, looks great and most of all it puts a smile on your face..... well done Ford and Renault take note.

It does beg the question how much better and cheaper is the new Focus ST going to be than the MeganeConfused

Offline Kirsty172  
#55 Posted : 14 February 2019 17:59:51(UTC)
Kirsty172

The Fiesta isn't all that at all. It drives OK, not great. It's still just a Ford inside. You can't get one that cheap. It's way over priced.

The Focus st will not be better than the megane.
Offline MrRS  
#56 Posted : 14 February 2019 18:13:10(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
The Fiesta isn't all that at all. It drives OK, not great. It's still just a Ford inside. You can't get one that cheap. It's way over priced.

The Focus st will not be better than the megane.

The Fiesta ST list price starts at £19,500 before you even talk discounts. Ford also do some decent finance deals and they do sell so well, so they must have something right.
Offline Kirsty172  
#57 Posted : 14 February 2019 21:22:15(UTC)
Kirsty172

Nobody buys an st1 because the spec is so poor. And if you look at an st2, you work out that you may as well buy an st3 because after adding the decent options you're nearly at st3 price.

Ford have been very sneaky I think, basically they are forcing you to buy an st3.

And performance pack is another 850 I think?
Offline sunnylunn  
#58 Posted : 15 February 2019 09:24:48(UTC)
sunnylunn

its certainly not the bargain it once was, not too far from an I30N in ST3, performance pack spec, still decent value considering the write ups, wheels are gash though .

Offline Kirsty172  
#59 Posted : 15 February 2019 16:47:31(UTC)
Kirsty172

Yes, exactly as you say. Some well priced very low mileage i30n are out there which is a more convincing package than a st3.
Offline Marc_250  
#60 Posted : 15 February 2019 17:01:30(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
Nobody buys an st1 because the spec is so poor. And if you look at an st2, you work out that you may as well buy an st3 because after adding the decent options you're nearly at st3 price.

Ford have been very sneaky I think, basically they are forcing you to buy an st3.

And performance pack is another 850 I think?

What does an st1 actually not have that you need. Surely a discounted st1 and whatever you need to get the LSD is the right choice?

Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'd pick an st3 as I seem to love specing things to the higher side then proceed to never use or care about any of those features..
Offline Georgeski  
#61 Posted : 15 February 2019 18:33:59(UTC)
Georgeski

One of the massive plus points for a Ford in my eyes is the heated windscreen. The work pools cars that I used had them 10 years and it is so handy.
Offline Black225  
#62 Posted : 16 February 2019 12:37:09(UTC)
Black225

One of the massive plus points for a Ford in my eyes is the heated windscreen. The work pools cars that I used had them 10 years and it is so handy.

I can't believe more manufacturers don't fit these. I had one 25 years ago in an RS Turbo, brilliant bit of kit. Every winter I'm tempted to get a Ford as a daily.
Offline Georgeski  
#63 Posted : 16 February 2019 13:28:05(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Black225 Go to Quoted Post

I can't believe more manufacturers don't fit these. I had one 25 years ago in an RS Turbo, brilliant bit of kit. Every winter I'm tempted to get a Ford as a daily.

Me too!
Offline del115  
#64 Posted : 16 February 2019 13:42:37(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Black225 Go to Quoted Post

Me too!

Not sure if it is still the case but my BMW Mini's had this option.
Doubled up as the car Ariel too.
Offline deenlee  
#65 Posted : 16 February 2019 15:19:00(UTC)
deenlee

Looks great to me, I always liked Ford