Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Luke RUK  
#1 Posted : 18 February 2019 10:32:26(UTC)
Luke RUK

Hello All

Renault UK has provided the following information regarding the required update to vehicles with R-Link 1 and Carminat Tom Tom navigation systems.

IMPORTANT: Urgent R-LINK 1 and Carminat Tom Tom update required before April 6th 2019

An essential update for your R-LINK 1 and Carminat Tom Tom system is required before 6th April 2019 to ensure it continues to work after this date.

Please download free software on www.easyconnect.renault....k/pages/software-upgrade

The R-Link 1 and Carminat Tom Tom navigation system, like all systems using GPS, continually receives the current time via a GPS data signal.

Known as Week Number Rollover (WNRO) after 6th April 2019, your R-Link 1 and Carminat Tom Tom will no longer be able to handle this GPS data signal correctly.

WNRO means the GPS system turns code into date and time. Due to limitations in all GPS systems, after 1024 weeks (approx 19 years) the counter resets to zero.

As a result, the time will no longer be displayed, and no arrival or journey time information will be available. In addition, for Carminat TomTom the navigation display will freeze.

Please note: Carminat TomTom Live, R-LINK 2, and MediaNav systems are NOT AFFECTED by WNRO

We therefore recommend you take action now and update your R-Link 1 and Carminat Tom Tom system, to remove this loss of functionality after 6th April 2019, and future WNRO events.

You can download the software update at www.easyconnect.renault....k/pages/software-upgrade where you will also find a step-by-step guide.

IMPORTANT: For R Link 1 do not use your vehicle’s SD card to download the software update, you may delete your maps.
Offline racing blue  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2019 11:16:34(UTC)
racing blue

Hi Luke

I saw the post regarding this from 'Eccentric' on the Clio pages and updated my system last week. However yesterday I got a message on the screen in the car saying I should update.

Can you tell me how to make sure the update has been saved on my system - is there a revision number I should look for in the System Information for example.

Offline shocker  
#3 Posted : 19 February 2019 16:33:59(UTC)
shocker

Should this not be renaultsproblem to do the update at a dealer
I know memory sticks and computers are simple to some people
But there is loads of people out there not capable of doing this as they have never grasped technology
In my eyes it’s just another renault botch up
Just wait and see how many renaults won’t have a working sat nav after April