Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rs power  
#1 Posted : 30 March 2019 13:42:01(UTC)
rs power

Offline Theos  
#2 Posted : 30 March 2019 14:40:01(UTC)
Giacomo

Yeah, the Trophy was 1 sec faster. We can just hope it's going to be able to replicate this success on Nurburgring too.
Offline Kirsty172  
#3 Posted : 30 March 2019 17:22:48(UTC)
Kirsty172

The Civic is a much better, purer, more powerful, lighter, better engineered, more focused but also flexible car. It is also a car that it is possible to have a test drive in. Unlike a Megane, which after 6 weeks of waiting to try one, I've finally given up.

The Trophy is good, I have no doubt. But it is not better than the Civic.
Offline CraigI  
#4 Posted : 30 March 2019 18:20:01(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
The Civic is a much better, purer, more powerful, lighter, better engineered, more focused but also flexible car. It is also a car that it is possible to have a test drive in. Unlike a Megane, which after 6 weeks of waiting to try one, I've finally given up.

The Trophy is good, I have no doubt. But it is not better than the Civic.

I think the performance differences will be negligible on day to day use, no denying Honda have hit the sweet spot on the way the Civic drives.
The big thing for me is a subjective one that completely swings the Megane miles ahead of the Civic - looks.
Due to my preferences the Megane is better than the Civic, regardless of seconds or tenths better performance either way.

Edited by user 30 March 2019 22:11:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Black Cup  
#5 Posted : 30 March 2019 20:37:52(UTC)
Black Cup

I think the Megane looks like it's more fun and chuckable than the Civic.

I know the Civic has received some excellent reviews, the engineering is sound, but those looks really do it no favours.

Really excited by my choice and can't wait for my Trophy to arrive next month!
Offline jkp  
#6 Posted : 30 March 2019 23:05:58(UTC)
jkp

The new optional wheels are a step up as well, really like how they look over the standard 'hundreds and thousands' inspirted ones. Guessing they must be an option to order soon?
Offline CraigI  
#7 Posted : 30 March 2019 23:07:55(UTC)
CraigI

I don’t like either set of wheels.
Currently searching for a suitable aftermarket option.
Offline jkp  
#8 Posted : 30 March 2019 23:50:50(UTC)
jkp

I agree with you on that. A nice set of Oz ultraleggaras in satin black would set it off nicely. With the amount of folks getting theirs soon, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. I'm going for a look at the trophy at my local dealers when I get back onshore. Still tempted by one. Just need to stop procrastinating over it and do it lol.
Offline CraigI  
#9 Posted : 31 March 2019 07:41:27(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: jkp Go to Quoted Post
I agree with you on that. A nice set of Oz ultraleggaras in satin black would set it off nicely. With the amount of folks getting theirs soon, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. I'm going for a look at the trophy at my local dealers when I get back onshore. Still tempted by one. Just need to stop procrastinating over it and do it lol.

Something like that will be where I land.
I’m going to try and stick as close to the standard offset as possible though.
Offline Treagyjet  
#10 Posted : 31 March 2019 08:22:07(UTC)
Treagyjet

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

How about the lightweight option alloys but finished in matte black?
Offline f.a.t  
#11 Posted : 31 March 2019 12:54:43(UTC)
f.a.t

The new optional wheels are a step up as well, really like how they look over the standard 'hundreds and thousands' inspirted ones. Guessing they must be an option to order soon?

I have been told by French PR the Fujis are available in England and been told by English PR that they are not available. None of the English Press cars have the Fuji's.
Offline Rolo  
#12 Posted : 31 March 2019 14:39:39(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: Treagyjet Go to Quoted Post

Think both the wheel options on the Trophy look like the sort of thing you could buy at Halfords/Ripspeed in the 90s!! Agree, they'll probably look better in Black as the Black 19s on the RS280 look the best so far!
Offline CraigI  
#13 Posted : 31 March 2019 15:30:10(UTC)
CraigI

Really not keen on that design. Out of the two I actually prefer the design of the standard wheels (but will get them painted all black and use them for winter wheels).

Just need to confirm the spec (understand it’s 19 x 8.5; 5 x 114.3; ET 54) then will get Wheelbase on the case looking into options that don’t mess with the set up.

Offline Kirsty172  
#14 Posted : 31 March 2019 20:21:41(UTC)
Kirsty172

Really not keen on that design. Out of the two I actually prefer the design of the standard wheels (but will get them painted all black and use them for winter wheels).

Just need to confirm the spec (understand it’s 19 x 8.5; 5 x 114.3; ET 54) then will get Wheelbase on the case looking into options that don’t mess with the set up.

looks are subjective, but if you prefer the megange than that's fine for sure. it's a good looking car i think actually in the flesh.

as for wheels - i think the 19" upgrade in black looks nice actually. i don't see the problem with that wheel, but it does need to be the black version, not the blinged version. i like the white R.S. on the rims too actually.