Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Lemon  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2019 01:29:31(UTC)
Lemon

I have a 2015 Clio IV RS 200 EDC x98 the media nav is very basic it doesn’t have any rs monitor features or anything.

I went on the Renault site for my country and see ln I have to update before the 6th. I do not know what my Media Nav is called. Is it called Media Nav Evolution? Anyone know which is the right one?
Offline RED21  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2019 06:01:39(UTC)
RED21

Have you got a SD card slot and USB port or just a USB port?
MediaNav have only a USB port and to update you need to download and install a mediaNav/NavExtra's tool box program on your home computer to do any updates.
R-Link which has a USB port and sd card & is the system which is affected by April update deadline.
On the easy connect website there are pictures of each type of system that are fitted or you can select by vehicle which splits it down again.
If you know how to find the software version on your system take a picture and we will confirm which system you have.
Offline Lemon  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2019 07:36:10(UTC)
Lemon

I only have the USB port. No SD Card.

I don’t know if I need to update by April or not? I am confused is my Media Nav called Evolution or not?

If I remember correctly I think my version is 4.0.3
Offline RED21  
#4 Posted : 04 April 2019 12:51:33(UTC)
RED21

MediaNav or MediaNav evolution are updated the same way via the Nav tool box program.
4.0.3 is the older MediNav system with no music play back via BT & limited smartphone connectivity.
When you update, you will have to go through the process 2-3 times until the tool box program confirms the system indicates all up to date which depending on market is 4.1.xx.

To summarize, your car is fitted with MediaNav with a very out of date software and desperately needs updating.

A tip once updated, switch off your mobile phone, erase all listed phones and contacts on the MediaNav then reallocate the phone BT connection.
Offline baigent  
#5 Posted : 05 April 2019 15:31:22(UTC)
baigent

You can update after the 6th, you’ll just lose some functionality until you update due to the WNRO.