Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DavidS  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2019 01:11:52(UTC)
DavidS

Hi
I am new to this forum, and seeking information relating a failed Climate A/C system on my 2014 Clio GT Trophy. Although now out of warranty (In Australia), it showed signs of failure during the warranty period (and yes reported to Renault)

Symptoms are the air goes from nice and cool to warm and humid whilst driving, then restarts cool for a bit, then goes warm again (air always blows during this time). Its a climate controlled system and at last service (at just 55,000 Kms old ) Renault re-gassed the system, but no improvement.

Renault are now offering a 50% discount on a new compressor part, but my cost share was first offered as being $1700 which I rejected. The local dealer reduced it to $1100, but I still reject it as I know it has been a growing concern from well within the warranty period (and its now out of said Renault warranty)

The car has done little Kms (just 31,000 miles in 5 years).

I have heard that Renault have been replacing Clio A/C compressors under warranty and am enquiring if anyone has any knowledge of a "Known" issue with Renault Clio A/C systems

thanks

David

Offline StormForce  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2019 19:28:04(UTC)
StormForce

Are they sure its not the cabin temp sensor at fault?
Offline DavidS  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2019 00:37:03(UTC)
DavidS

Originally Posted by: StormForce Go to Quoted Post
Are they sure its not the cabin temp sensor at fault?

Thanks for the suggestion. Renault did the gas top up at no charge, then when that didn't work went straight to asking for $1700 - without even looking at the car again.

I will put it to Renault they should explore more options

thanks

David