Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaz5282  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2019 20:56:58(UTC)
Gaz5282

So finally picked my rs280 edc up today, really happy, been a long wait since April, drove to my parents, felt great, about an our later take my brother and dad out for a quick spin just to show them, and a jolt from the car, with an orange spanner and check auto gearbox warning on dash, kept being jerky and going from 6th to 3rd, back to 6th then 1st when coming to a stop, with warning light off and on, so back to the dealer, code says selanoid sensor or something or other, they find a plug that looks a bit out of place so clean and push in properly, wipe codes and take for a test drive, still same problem, so I have a dacia logan stepway for the Weekend until we can get answers or a better loan car.
Offline Gaz5282  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2019 20:17:12(UTC)
Gaz5282

So after getting a master tech on it from 8am today, doing a thorough investigation, and sending a report to Renault, within 30 mins they came back with fit a new gearbox, so now need to wait to so how long that's going to take, so until then, get to keep the s*** box dacia
Offline shocker  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2019 07:58:35(UTC)
shocker

There is nothing wrong with a Margaret dacia
After all they are just a Renault in disguise
😝 lol
Good luck with your car
Hope it’s sorted soon
Offline jkp  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2019 09:07:15(UTC)
jkp

Brand new car and having replacement box! Personally I’d be looking at rejecting the car. I know it’s been a long wait, but that’s a pretty serious issue buddy. If it had happened 1 to 2 years into ownership then the replacement under warranty would be a relief, but in a car that’s just came out the showroom??
Offline NickRS  
#5 Posted : 09 July 2019 10:26:30(UTC)
NickRS

Very annoying but at least they're doing the right thing. Difficult to reject as they're playing ball. I would push for a free 3 year servicing pack to smooth the blow and get the Dacia upgraded.
Offline Colm_ire  
#6 Posted : 09 July 2019 11:17:55(UTC)
Colm_ire

Originally Posted by: Gaz5282 Go to Quoted Post
So after getting a master tech on it from 8am today, doing a thorough investigation, and sending a report to Renault, within 30 mins they came back with fit a new gearbox, so now need to wait to so how long that's going to take, so until then, get to keep the s*** box dacia

Sorry to hear that. It's absolutely sickening when a new car you've been looking forward to goes wrong. At least it's diagnosed quickly and it's a new gearbox, not what you want to have happening, but at least it should be perfect once the new unit is fitted.

Offline Gaz5282  
#7 Posted : 09 July 2019 14:26:01(UTC)
Gaz5282

If there was another new car available in similar spec then yes I probably would of said get it swapped, but I'm not waiting another 3+months to get a new car.
They have arranged a hire car through enterprise, and tbf they have been trying to get things sorted ASAP, it is just frustrating.
I'm deciding on the compensation lol, atm I do like the look of the trophy bonnet which I think will be available through Renault performance later in the year *wink wink* lol
Offline outhouse  
#8 Posted : 09 July 2019 17:07:31(UTC)
outhouse

I've ordered an auto for my 300. Eeeeekkkk!

One time I was sitting in a showroom in my 3 month wait new car been shown around by the salesman. So where's the Alcantara? I asks.

They offered to order an new car but like you I couldn't chuff the wait so just accepted the rather poor leather over the no cost option, Alcantara.

I did get further compensation but no cash as that side was settled.

Must have been heartbreaking.
Offline Gaz5282  
#9 Posted : 09 July 2019 18:08:59(UTC)
Gaz5282

This is something they have not seen before, hence the straight away fit new gearbox, so mine can be sent straight back to Renault for them to investigate, its along the lines of a oil pressure selanoid, so I'm thinking that has failed and not allowed the oil to go around the gearbox and its basically ate itself.