Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QuickNick101  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2019 14:27:27(UTC)
Nick@therealgranturismo.com

Hi all,

New member, 2 time renaultsport clio owner and professional trackday services provider.

Where have all the trackdays gone? Have the7 gone with Rockingham?

I've just purchased my Clio 220 Trophy so of course one of my first jobs is to register to the forum and investigate trackday feedback and am struck by surprise that theres nothing going on doe 2019.

So, I'm looking for a heads up regarding the performance of the car as an OE product (engine/braking/suspension) and whether or ot I should be upgrading the pads prior to my first shakedown at the very least.

Now I'm also going to enquire as to the willingness of people to come together for a trackday if I organise a group day at, say, Bedford Autodrome which seems well situated in the Midlands.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Nick

Offline ianplymouth  
#2 Posted : 13 July 2019 16:00:30(UTC)
ianplymouth

Hi Nick
There were only 2 days last year and one of them was an evening session, the other was at Rockingham, i did a taster session at Rockingham it was wet/damp and have to say it was the worst track i have ever driven around.

I have done a good few of the Renault trackdays in the past but i think this is all over now.

If you want to organise something then i will try and get there, i am open to most tracks as i have to travel up the previous day anyway.

As for the 220, you need to get the brakes sorted, nearly collected a 220 at turn one at Bedford, glanced in the mirror before making the turn and there was a 220 that wasn't going to make the corner, i stopped and let him drive straight past, he totally ran out of brakes.
Offline oldfella  
#3 Posted : 13 July 2019 19:42:14(UTC)
oldfella

Hi Nick. I would willingly travel to Oulton/Cadwell, but from N/E Scotland, Bedford its a bit too far, but like the idea, of a Renaultsport track day.
Offline Nick@therealgranturismo.com  
#4 Posted : 18 July 2019 14:32:36(UTC)

Thanks guys, good to know there are some willing owners up for getting together.

I'll see if I can get traction with the idea of a trackday, I suspect the real difficulty is finding a location most suitable but guessing some like Donington which is fairly central (more central than Bedford at least) may be a suitable one.

I probably get to Oulton Park 3 or 4 times a year which isn't much for me, but I love the circuit and am pretty open to going anywhere to be honest.

Perhaps I'll start a seperate thread to see if we can rally some troops.

N
Offline oldfella  
#5 Posted : 20 July 2019 09:17:10(UTC)
oldfella

I am at Oulton and Anglesea in September .Oulton is around 540 miles from me, so fairly central for most.
Offline sunnylunn  
#6 Posted : 20 July 2019 14:39:11(UTC)
sunnylunn

Oulton on 10th September, Anglesey on the 11th, Javelin is organiser, get it booked chaps.
Offline Nick@therealgranturismo.com  
#7 Posted : 28 July 2019 09:23:45(UTC)

Doing both? That's good work if so!