Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rsslo  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2019 23:44:24(UTC)
rsslo

Any owners of new 300 Trophy edc ?.I ordered CUP 280 but they couldnt get me the one i ordered in time. They said i would get on in december so i canceled.And we came to an agreement to get an Trophy edc 3 months after my date. Thats in 14 days and i would like to get some infos from owner. How do they see it compared to other Hot hatches. One of my friend got 280 cup last year september and when we put it on dyno it has only 265hp. He was smoked from gti mk7.5 with downpipe. Anyone put it on dyno the trophy ? I dont want to get smoked by some gti or similar...Is trophy really that better than regular 280 cup ?. Which car could you compare to in meaning of speed ?
Offline mark@rawlinson  
#2 Posted : 29 July 2019 10:34:01(UTC)
mark@rawlinson

the 280 and 300 are figures in PS, not BHP, also dyno figures are subjective, and calculated back to the flywheel, things like tyre pressures can affect the calculations believe it or not

Also, the mantra of renaultsport isn't brute power or straight line speed... where you will upset the golf is on some twisty roads, or ideally on a race track, book a trackday and see for yourself :)
Offline MrRS  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2019 15:10:38(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: rsslo Go to Quoted Post
Any owners of new 300 Trophy edc ?.I ordered CUP 280 but they couldnt get me the one i ordered in time. They said i would get on in december so i canceled.And we came to an agreement to get an Trophy edc 3 months after my date. Thats in 14 days and i would like to get some infos from owner. How do they see it compared to other Hot hatches. One of my friend got 280 cup last year september and when we put it on dyno it has only 265hp. He was smoked from gti mk7.5 with downpipe. Anyone put it on dyno the trophy ? I dont want to get smoked by some gti or similar...Is trophy really that better than regular 280 cup ?. Which car could you compare to in meaning of speed ?

https://www.rstuning.co....megane-280-custom-remap/
Offline Kirsty172  
#4 Posted : 30 July 2019 11:12:51(UTC)
Kirsty172

Another RS item out of dtock/unavailable?
Offline MicahGTi  
#5 Posted : 01 August 2019 06:02:36(UTC)
MicahGTi

Am I the only one who never gets into these situations?
If I’m at the lights, I’ve got nothing to prove by planting the throttle, I just enjoy the car. There’s always a faster car out there anyway - what happens if it’s not a Golf next to you and you get smoked by a BMW i3?
Just enjoy it on the twisty bits and the track, that’s what they’re made for!
Offline MicahGTi  
#6 Posted : 01 August 2019 06:03:42(UTC)
MicahGTi

Also, doesn’t the Trophy struggle with axle tramp? If so, then it matters not when it comes to getting off the line.