Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kirsty172  
#51 Posted : 31 July 2019 08:51:59(UTC)
Kirsty172

Pointless. Price even worse than expected.

If they sell 32,thats 32 people here who have more money than sense, or are unjustifiably wealthy.

I'd prefer greater effort on the base car every time by any manufacturer. Please all stop chasing this pointless record.
Offline NickRS  
#52 Posted : 31 July 2019 10:27:36(UTC)
NickRS

No. I think you're pointless Kirsty172. You don't like it or can't afford it, fair enough but you've said it enough times now, stop the pointless trolling. The base car is excellent for my road and track needs but I am glad they offer a more extreme version and wouldn't dream of slagging people off just because they are wealthy or have different preferences, but then again I am open minded and not an unbittered troll.

Edited by user 31 July 2019 13:30:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline foxspeed  
#53 Posted : 31 July 2019 17:25:31(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
its 'mr vix" same rubbish, different username, sad but true.

I think its more likely to be 172RS

LOL LOL LOL thought the same!
Offline foxspeed  
#54 Posted : 31 July 2019 17:27:27(UTC)
foxspeed

i am glad they made it but for me i wouldnt buy one at that price if i had to spend that amount it to be something mid-engined
Offline Kirsty172  
#55 Posted : 31 July 2019 17:45:20(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS - my view is that you are behaving inappropriately with personal insults to a board poster, which is unacceptable and I'm sure against forum rules. I respectfully ask you to apologise for personal attacks. I would look forward to you justifying the 72k price tag, which your post omitted, rather than the personal insults.

My view on that vehicle is sound and justified. The price is either unjustified or an ineffective use of resources. I'd prefer a reasonable price for a SPECIAL vehicle in that sector, and then the other 35k donated to charity.

Informed responses with a discussion warmly welcomed.
Offline CraigI  
#56 Posted : 31 July 2019 19:05:02(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post
No. I think you're pointless Kirsty172. You don't like it or can't afford it, fair enough but you've said it enough times now, stop the pointless trolling. The base car is excellent for my road and track needs but I am glad they offer a more extreme version and wouldn't dream of slagging people off just because they are wealthy or have different preferences, but then again I am open minded and not an unbittered troll.

I can’t see Kirsty’s posts anymore, but if they’re the same as they used to be, then I would tend to agree.

Edited by user 31 July 2019 19:05:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline NickRS  
#57 Posted : 31 July 2019 21:29:16(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
NICKRS - my view is that you are behaving inappropriately with personal insults to a board poster, which is unacceptable and I'm sure against forum rules. I respectfully ask you to apologise for personal attacks. I would look forward to you justifying the 72k price tag, which your post omitted, rather than the personal insults.

My view on that vehicle is sound and justified. The price is either unjustified or an ineffective use of resources. I'd prefer a reasonable price for a SPECIAL vehicle in that sector, and then the other 35k donated to charity.

Informed responses with a discussion warmly welcomed.

Which rules you out of this forum as you're a bitter troll. Jog on, respectfully.
Offline NickRS  
#58 Posted : 31 July 2019 21:32:47(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post

I can’t see Kirsty’s posts anymore, but if they’re the same as they used to be, then I would tend to agree.

Yes same broken record irrational bitter stuff:
“Pointless. Price even worse than expected.

If they sell 32,thats 32 people here who have more money than sense, or are unjustifiably wealthy.

I'd prefer greater effort on the base car every time by any manufacturer. Please all stop chasing this pointless record.“

Needs permanent banning as troll (at best).
Offline Marc_250  
#59 Posted : 31 July 2019 22:01:57(UTC)
Marc_250

It's not the 'working mans hero' is it at that price...you're paying for it but tends to be the way these days as cars in general are so good. The new spa record at 5 seconds a lap faster than the CTR is a better representation than the ring time of what this thing would do to a CTR IMO. It's a very fast car that costs a lot...who knew..
Offline MrRS  
#60 Posted : 01 August 2019 07:50:55(UTC)
MrRS

Big, big money. There are better track cars to be had for the money and if you were a car collector or investor you would have noticed the old 275 Trophy R are now only selling well below list price. So you need to be brave to commit to one of these.
Offline ssimon  
#61 Posted : 01 August 2019 08:36:45(UTC)
ssimon

In defence of KIRSTY172, I don't think you can Troll an inanimate object, ie a car, but infact NickRS more likely fits the description.
Offline Kirsty172  
#62 Posted : 01 August 2019 17:06:00(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS. Thanks for your continued personal berating. Any positive defence of the car? I do realise that's very low on the forum objectives, but I'll be positive in this instance and hope for the best.
Offline f.a.t  
#63 Posted : 01 August 2019 19:48:29(UTC)
f.a.t

Looking forward to end of year, Car of year magazines. I think this latest Trophy R will be one of the cars to beat. Mouthwatering spec in a way that the new A45 is not. £72000 for the ultimate spec, you can literally see what the money was spent on.
Offline sunnylunn  
#64 Posted : 02 August 2019 08:04:39(UTC)
sunnylunn

Its expensive, but worth it in my opinion, just wish I could afford one. There might be better track cars out there, so what,Just happy Renault still builds this type of car, it certainly gets the attention of the keyboard warriors.
Offline Georgeski  
#65 Posted : 02 August 2019 09:59:46(UTC)
Georgeski

Its expensive, but worth it in my opinion, just wish I could afford one. There might be better track cars out there, so what,Just happy Renault still builds this type of car, it certainly gets the attention of the keyboard warriors.

+1 couldn't agree more with this
Offline FramerateUK  
#66 Posted : 02 August 2019 10:01:06(UTC)
FramerateUK

Yeah the thread on Pistonheads has been a runaway! It's amazing how the R versions of Meganes always get people riled up (in both good and bad ways!).

It sounds brilliant from the Autocar review.

I'd still opt for an actual coupe as a track car, but the one advantage this has (and all the fast Meganes for that matter), is that you can take your spare wheels with you without having to bring another car or tow it there.
Offline NickRS  
#67 Posted : 02 August 2019 10:46:16(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
NICKRS. Thanks for your continued personal berating. Any positive defence of the car? I do realise that's very low on the forum objectives, but I'll be positive in this instance and hope for the best.

You're the queen of negative. So adding hypocrisy to the array of your "talents“. Just read the PH thread.
Offline Kirsty172  
#68 Posted : 02 August 2019 15:29:25(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS, in light of nothing to the contrary, I'll take it that you are unable to provide any support of the high price for the vehicle and it's relevance to the market. We'll close our 1 to 1 critique of the car there and conclude my assertion as to the irrelevance of this product as being sound, both with regard to it's raison d'etre and vfm.

Enjoy your regular spec car.
Offline sunnylunn  
#69 Posted : 02 August 2019 16:02:58(UTC)
sunnylunn

there is no relevance to the market, why does there need to be, its a cracking car with a mega price tag, its only because its got a Renault badge that a few people are beside themselves with fury, chill out, its a Renault forum for Renault enthusiasts.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#70 Posted : 02 August 2019 19:05:33(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Fully with you
Offline Giacomo  
#71 Posted : 03 August 2019 20:26:22(UTC)
Giacomo

Not sure if some people here are true imbeciles or just try really hard to emulate imbecility, but for f.uck sake, do they need to ask why the Trophy R costs 72k, when this car has same time on Spa as Ferrari La Ferrari ?

Edited by user 03 August 2019 20:27:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#72 Posted : 03 August 2019 20:30:50(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: Giacomo Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if some people here are true imbeciles or just try really hard to emulate imbecility, but for f.uck sake, do they need to ask why the Trophy R costs 72k, when this car has same time on Spa as Ferrari La Ferrari ?

Really? Wow!
Offline MrRS  
#73 Posted : 04 August 2019 10:54:54(UTC)
MrRS

And a similar priced Cayman GT4 is 4 seconds quicker round Spa. So what’s the message?

It’s a great achievement for Renault but I would like to have seen that passion, budget and focus applied to the rather lacklustre basic showroom 280 and 300 models first.
Offline CraigI  
#74 Posted : 04 August 2019 13:19:15(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: MrRS Go to Quoted Post

And a similar priced Cayman GT4 is 4 seconds quicker round Spa. So what’s the message?

It’s a great achievement for Renault but I would like to have seen that passion, budget and focus applied to the rather lacklustre basic showroom 280 and 300 models first.

What about the Trophy 300 did you find lacklustre?
Offline Marc_250  
#75 Posted : 04 August 2019 20:33:58(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post

Really? Wow!

I somewhat doubt that it's as fast around Spa as a Laf, pick some tiny little handling track and I could just about believe it but Spa of all places with massive straights....900 vs 300 hp down kemmel straight....right.