Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tom_163  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2019 23:43:57(UTC)
Tom_163

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Picked up my 265 only a few days ago and today noticed that a strange noise can he heard coming out of the fan vents. It’s kind of like a huffing/whirring noise and goes away soon as the climate control is turned off. Nothing can be heard under the bonnet or outside the car.

It doesn’t happen all the time either but seems to be when it’s been a longer drive meaning the climate/fans have been on for longer.

One other thing I have noticed is that if I turn the fans up to max speed and then back down to min the noise doesn’t come back for about 5/10 seconds.

I have made a video of the noise:

Offline agwa  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2019 13:34:48(UTC)
agwa

Ive got exactly the same problem on a 3year old GTLiine. Took it to a Renault dealer today, who claimed he couldn’t hear a thing other than air blowing. This is whilst I was in the car and it was making the same noise as your video.

Would love to hear if anyone can help with this...
Offline Joakim  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2019 20:41:28(UTC)
Joakim

Hi! You have a leak. When the compressor have less gas to deal with it sounds like that. Probably the thiner high pressure pipe connection to the condensor. Sorry for my english but i pretty sure thats the case!