Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#76 Posted : 05 August 2019 11:47:12(UTC)
Georgeski

Good points Marc which I hadn't really thought about it. If the time was the same it was because the Trophy was driven by a racing driver and the Ferrari by someone driving a car for the first time........
Offline Giacomo  
#77 Posted : 06 August 2019 06:30:57(UTC)
Giacomo

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Giacomo Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if some people here are true imbeciles or just try really hard to emulate imbecility, but for f.uck sake, do they need to ask why the Trophy R costs 72k, when this car has same time on Spa as Ferrari La Ferrari ?

Really? Wow!

I somewhat doubt that it's as fast around Spa as a Laf, pick some tiny little handling track and I could just about believe it but Spa of all places with massive straights....900 vs 300 hp down kemmel straight....right.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/spa-francorchamps
Offline Georgeski  
#78 Posted : 06 August 2019 07:09:14(UTC)
Georgeski

Yep, unknown driver who can't get it round there as fast as a Porsche GT4.........
Offline Kirsty172  
#79 Posted : 06 August 2019 12:26:44(UTC)
Kirsty172

I guess continued room to improve for the base trophy, beaten twice by the CTR and placed third behind the Fiesta ST in press reviews this week.

Offline Black Cup  
#80 Posted : 06 August 2019 13:58:03(UTC)
Black Cup

The article in Car Magazine was from last Septembers printed edition, the Megane 280 as tested had already got through a larger group test to be in the top 3, so not a bad result in the wider context, never rated Auto Express. I tend to go with my own opinion following extensive testing of all competitors.

The 280, Trophy and Trophy-R are all fantastic products at the very sharp end of their market segements.
Offline NickRS  
#81 Posted : 07 August 2019 13:53:45(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
NICKRS, in light of nothing to the contrary, I'll take it that you are unable to provide any support of the high price for the vehicle and it's relevance to the market. We'll close our 1 to 1 critique of the car there and conclude my assertion as to the irrelevance of this product as being sound, both with regard to it's raison d'etre and vfm.

Enjoy your regular spec car.

I doesn't need any support. At £51k it's incredible VFM for a new road legal car that has so much track ability. Name a better new car for that design brief at that price, go on.

Its not relevant to you but don't judge others by your own standards of negativity : when was your last track day? Are you even in this market?

The market place for it is limited to 30 people so if its all sold out that that will prove its utter relevance.

Your opinion stated as fact is the only irrelevance in this forum. You don't like the Megane RS 4 : fine. Everyone knows that so stop posting about it, it's boring.
Offline NickRS  
#82 Posted : 07 August 2019 13:56:19(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Black Cup Go to Quoted Post

The 280, Trophy and Trophy-R are all fantastic products at the very sharp end of their market segements.

This is my experience of the Trophy and the 280 Cup so far too based on test drives. But only the acid test of the first track day at Snet in Nov will confirm how good the car is, particularly as the Cup S was brilliant there.
Offline Kirsty172  
#83 Posted : 07 August 2019 15:44:10(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS - Lotus Elise?

I'll ignore your continued negative personal attacks again.
Offline MrRS  
#84 Posted : 08 August 2019 08:47:52(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post
NICKRS, in light of nothing to the contrary, I'll take it that you are unable to provide any support of the high price for the vehicle and it's relevance to the market. We'll close our 1 to 1 critique of the car there and conclude my assertion as to the irrelevance of this product as being sound, both with regard to it's raison d'etre and vfm.

Enjoy your regular spec car.

I doesn't need any support. At £51k it's incredible VFM for a new road legal car that has so much track ability. Name a better new car for that design brief at that price, go on.

Its not relevant to you but don't judge others by your own standards of negativity : when was your last track day? Are you even in this market?

The market place for it is limited to 30 people so if its all sold out that that will prove its utter relevance.

Your opinion stated as fact is the only irrelevance in this forum. You don't like the Megane RS 4 : fine. Everyone knows that so stop posting about it, it's boring.

The £51k car doesn’t have the Ring record kudos as it doesn’t have the carbon wheels, dynamic air intake or bigger ceramic brakes so it would probably been down with the Type R Ring lap times. Does that dent it’s desirability or is just being an expensive limited edition that is related to the lap record holder enough. Certainly for £51k there are loads of track capable alternatives. Elise 250 Cup, more extreme - Caterham 620. Less extreme - M2 Comp, 718 Caymans etc.

The price of these has popped Renault into a unique and new regime, how they sell and hold there value will be key.

Offline NickRS  
#85 Posted : 08 August 2019 11:03:20(UTC)
NickRS

Lotus Elise, Exige and Caterhams can't be used as dailies, even if you fit in them. Try a Ring trip in an Elise. Not pleasant to get there, ask me how I know.

M2 and 718 are GTs, brilliant GTs but not track optimised and will cook their consumables way before the Megane due to weight and conservative suspension kinematics, lack of decent front neg camber in particular.

The Megane seems very relevant in this small trackable dailies market. Actually it seems peerless apart from a GT4 which you can't buy anyway, even if you're in this market.

You 2 guys clearly don't track your cars, nothing wrong with that but it removes any faint trace of credibility that your already massively anti Megane 4 prejudice may have left.
Offline MrRS  
#86 Posted : 08 August 2019 15:04:21(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post
Lotus Elise, Exige and Caterhams can't be used as dailies, even if you fit in them. Try a Ring trip in an Elise. Not pleasant to get there, ask me how I know.

M2 and 718 are GTs, brilliant GTs but not track optimised and will cook their consumables way before the Megane due to weight and conservative suspension kinematics, lack of decent front neg camber in particular.

The Megane seems very relevant in this small trackable dailies market. Actually it seems peerless apart from a GT4 which you can't buy anyway, even if you're in this market.

You 2 guys clearly don't track your cars, nothing wrong with that but it removes any faint trace of credibility that your already massively anti Megane 4 prejudice may have left.

Most of Renault’s ‘R’ version are low mileage so they are not being used as a daily. With 2 seats, buckets and harnesses they are still compromised and Im not sure where you stand now with 2 deg of negative camber, as in a previous post that was also a significant limitation for daily road use.

Anyway, if still has to be a factory spec FWD, 2 seat, roll cage and harness car, then a 275 Trophy R for £23k that has lost £15k in depreciation is a great buy. Don’t fancy keeping it standard? Drop some ASTs on with top mounts to give you your neg camber hit, map it and pop some semi slicks on. £30k max spend.

That’s the issue with the 300 R, it’s priced itself into a contentious market and views.

Offline NickRS  
#87 Posted : 08 August 2019 15:31:32(UTC)
NickRS

2 deg is not ideal for me. The next guy might not mind, I am actually going to try 1.5deg or 2 deg on the 280 to see what happens, call me open minded.
À second hand car is cheaper than a new one with zero miles and a 3 year warranty : who would have thought? LOL.

Comparing the ability of an Elise and a Megane R as a daily is bonkers, at best.

It's not contentious, it's priced to sell as there are only 30 of them, that's basic supply and demand economics.

And why do you care anyway?
Offline sunnylunn  
#88 Posted : 08 August 2019 16:08:39(UTC)
sunnylunn

it still amazes me that people that don't own a car let alone a Renault waste their time by coming on here and slagging anything Renault off. It costs loads, so what, don't buy one. There are other great cars at that price point, so what, go buy one of those. I still say I hope Renault keep making these type of cars, I can't afford one, but id buy one if I could.
Offline titian  
#89 Posted : 08 August 2019 18:29:36(UTC)
titian

Above ,well said , before long these kind of cars will be a thing of the past :(
Offline Kirsty172  
#90 Posted : 08 August 2019 18:29:58(UTC)
Kirsty172

I don't think anyone on here should tell anyone else about how to waste their time. Wasting time debating pointless drivel like this is acceptable so long as there's nothing else more valuable being sacrificed, isn't it? And if that amazes you, then the exploits of any individual here must be pretty extreme in your continuum I'm guessing?

Isn't any forum online, and possibly this one especially, a waste of time? By your argument, let's shut it down tomorrow then eh?
Offline sunnylunn  
#91 Posted : 09 August 2019 07:30:40(UTC)
sunnylunn

read my post again, you seem to make stuff up that suits your continued Renault hate.

Edited by user 09 August 2019 10:49:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline NickRS  
#92 Posted : 09 August 2019 13:25:47(UTC)
NickRS

I don't think anyone on here should tell anyone else about how to waste their time. Wasting time debating pointless drivel like this is acceptable so long as there's nothing else more valuable being sacrificed, isn't it? And if that amazes you, then the exploits of any individual here must be pretty extreme in your continuum I'm guessing?

Isn't any forum online, and possibly this one especially, a waste of time? By your argument, let's shut it down tomorrow then eh?

We might as well as your constant, irrational and bizarre negativity about RS has already massively helped reduce activity.
Offline foxspeed  
#93 Posted : 09 August 2019 15:32:00(UTC)
foxspeed

more entertaining than love island LOL LOL LOL LOL

but you can see why renault owners dont come here anymore...
Offline sunnylunn  
#94 Posted : 09 August 2019 15:49:58(UTC)
sunnylunn

Its more for non Renault owners now, but hey, whatever floats a few of their boats
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#95 Posted : 09 August 2019 18:10:27(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

I still find it weird that Kirsty and 172RS (in his many pseudonyms) keeps wanting to come here. I guess that they get some self gratification from it.
Offline NickRS  
#96 Posted : 09 August 2019 20:16:11(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post
I still find it weird that Kirsty and 172RS (in his many pseudonyms) keeps wanting to come here. I guess that they get some self gratification from it.

Yes although I would call it to online self harming.
Offline Kirsty172  
#97 Posted : 17 August 2019 13:06:28(UTC)
Kirsty172

The core reason for the lame attendance and contribution on the forum is the unfortunate lame discussion. Here is a total case in point, lots of energy devoted to berating an individual person, and lots of critique on an individual's contribution and, or views but significantly less effort put in to a critique or discussion or debate about one car versus another. Personally, I see no good personal values or good reflection of your value system from personal attacks via the Internet, yet there seems to be more satisfaction in that, and ongoing mutual support to prioritise those behaviours.

If you have any interest in improving something here, which the interpretation of your criticism may superficially indicate you do, then maybe focus on the steel rather than the flesh.

N'est pas?
Offline Kirsty172  
#98 Posted : 17 August 2019 13:11:14(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS, sorry, but I don't feel you can describe the R as a daily driver, which seems to be your differentiation versus the Lotus for example. 2 fixed back seats, no rear seats, high purchase cost, marginal tyres and so on. Whilst a longer trip to a circuit might be better, I don't think it qualifies it as a daily. And I think your suggested client will not be buying this car as her daily, I think that she would most likely be using a 3 series touring as a minimum.

Any thoughts?
Offline bobbyboy  
#99 Posted : 17 August 2019 17:57:36(UTC)
bobbyboy

Craig, we'll agree to disagree.

Knowing what I know about Japanese culture I find lying here to be very unlikely. And if the Honda is all lies, why would Renault spend so much effort and then charge so much for a car that isn't beating a real record?

72 grand for the Trophy Rsr specced up on Renault site . now for that money I could get some serious widow-maker fodder for that money. £72,000 for a megane??? someone is taking the piss
Offline bobbyboy  
#100 Posted : 17 August 2019 18:05:34(UTC)
bobbyboy

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
it still amazes me that people that don't own a car let alone a Renault waste their time by coming on here and slagging anything Renault off. It costs loads, so what, don't buy one. There are other great cars at that price point, so what, go buy one of those. I still say I hope Renault keep making these type of cars, I can't afford one, but id buy one if I could.

I have a renault, I have the "warm" hatch, the GTnav , yes it has the 4 wheel steer, and all options incl bose, all apart from a pan sunroof which I would find really annoying on a rare english summers day. I absolutely love my car with the edc paddleshifts and can only wish I had the TrophyEDC, but as you so rightly put it, it all boils down to spending your money how you want to spend it. its your money NOT some faceless troll's on a website forum.