Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mark  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2019 17:48:36(UTC)
mark

Ordered Saturday in artic white was told should be here in October then today all of a sudden been told there are delays in the rs factory. It might not even be here for Christmas. Traded clio 220 in got £10,250 trade in and put £5000 down can't beleive they took the order and money so easy then two days later might take three months extra than they tolm me. Anyone else had this experience.
Offline outhouse  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2019 08:36:08(UTC)
outhouse

Hi

Mine has been on order for a while, there was some slippage but still showing early October on my tracker.

But this is worrying especially as I could have been driving a Type r by now (the lack of an auto option and the likelihood of it being torn to pieces in a car wash, notwithstanding)...

Sure they can't really mean Christmas!
Offline NickRS  
#3 Posted : 13 August 2019 09:57:54(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: outhouse Go to Quoted Post
the likelihood of it being torn to pieces in a car wash

Surely it would soon be swirled to buggery anyway, even if the car was left in one piece.
Offline mark  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2019 11:15:08(UTC)
mark

I should of gone for the a35 but my better half talked me out of it. Outhouse you said yours is on tracker. Where do you get the tracker from they never gave me a tracking number etc. Unless its on my order.
Offline outhouse  
#5 Posted : 16 August 2019 18:48:02(UTC)
outhouse

Tests have proved that automatic car washes inflict less micro abrasion than a bucket and sponge. Though I do enjoy getting soapy with it, but I don't really have the time.

I find IMO's Pro Shield does a fantastic job, though the rear tyres on my current daily driver are too wide to fit the track!

The tracker is a feature offered by my leasing company, I don't think Renault do one for direct customers.

It's not very interesting to look at and it hasn't changed any in weeks... used to use a VW one that was more interesting to look at but wasn't very accurate.
Offline CraigI  
#6 Posted : 16 August 2019 19:16:59(UTC)
CraigI

Tests have proved that automatic car washes inflict less micro abrasion than a bucket and sponge. Though I do enjoy getting soapy with it, but I don't really have the time.

I find IMO's Pro Shield does a fantastic job, though the rear tyres on my current daily driver are too wide to fit the track!

The tracker is a feature offered by my leasing company, I don't think Renault do one for direct customers.

It's not very interesting to look at and it hasn't changed any in weeks... used to use a VW one that was more interesting to look at but wasn't very accurate.

Which tests show this?
Will be an interesting read......

Offline titian  
#7 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:50:33(UTC)
titian

I've never heard of this may be an East European one!
Offline bobbyboy  
#8 Posted : 17 August 2019 10:14:02(UTC)
bobbyboy

Hi

Mine has been on order for a while, there was some slippage but still showing early October on my tracker.

But this is worrying especially as I could have been driving a Type r by now (the lack of an auto option and the likelihood of it being torn to pieces in a car wash, notwithstanding)...

what so you chose a trophy megane over the type r, nurse -tablets for outhouse please!!
i know what you are saying about the lack of a paddle-shift option on the Honda, but that manual box in the TRGT is a thing to behold, dare i say it probably the best manual box available today
Offline bobbyboy  
#9 Posted : 17 August 2019 10:17:32(UTC)
bobbyboy

Originally Posted by: bobbyboy Go to Quoted Post
Hi

what so you chose a trophy megane over the type r, nurse -tablets for outhouse please!!
i know what you are saying about the lack of a paddle-shift option on the Honda, but that manual box in the TRGT is a thing to behold, dare i say it probably the best manual box available today

and oh yes they probably DO mean Christmas, check out ordering reordering cancelling orders history of the Megane RS , Now they bring out the Trophy RSr which can cost over 70grand, £70,000 plus for a megane, more people will need those tablets nurse.
Offline CraigI  
#10 Posted : 17 August 2019 12:32:10(UTC)
CraigI

Hi

I think many will pick the Megane over the CTR for looks alone.
To continue with your medical theme, should have gone to specsavers!

Offline bobbyboy  
#11 Posted : 17 August 2019 15:02:07(UTC)
bobbyboy

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Hi

specced up the megane RSr to £72,000 unless you are a footballer that sort of money I could do a hell of a lot better than a Megane medication or monacle
Offline CraigI  
#12 Posted : 17 August 2019 18:40:30(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Hi

specced up the megane RSr to £72,000 unless you are a footballer that sort of money I could do a hell of a lot better than a Megane medication or monacle

Are you posting in the right thread?
This is a thread about a Trophy EDC which can be had for under £35k.
Offline outhouse  
#13 Posted : 19 August 2019 15:55:11(UTC)
outhouse

The Type R is a fine car but the auto box sealed it for the Megane as I spend a lot of time using adaptive cruise control - and I haven't the time to bucket and sponge it, or use paddle shifters for that matter (stick it in D!).

Just come out of a 3 year relationship with a Golf R (didn't use those paddle shifters either) and although I'll miss the 4motion the Megane and the Golf do excellent Q car impersonations...

New to Renault, but really buzzed about the up coming experience.
Offline eddyrz  
#14 Posted : 19 August 2019 23:21:26(UTC)
eddyrz

Originally Posted by: mark Go to Quoted Post
Ordered Saturday in artic white was told should be here in October then today all of a sudden been told there are delays in the rs factory. It might not even be here for Christmas. Traded clio 220 in got £10,250 trade in and put £5000 down can't beleive they took the order and money so easy then two days later might take three months extra than they tolm me. Anyone else had this experience.

ordered a Volcanic orange EDC with a sunroof at the start of April was told id get it in august on the first update, now its anytime in October i dont have a build number or anything still
Offline Gavin_trophy  
#15 Posted : 20 August 2019 06:47:08(UTC)
Gavin_trophy

Originally Posted by: eddyrz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mark Go to Quoted Post

ordered a Volcanic orange EDC with a sunroof at the start of April was told id get it in august on the first update, now its anytime in October i dont have a build number or anything still

That’s not right. I ordered mine in June but the factory wasn’t taking orders until July. Once order book was open I was given a build date of the 24th August and delivery date of 36 week. I have a document from the factory stating all this.
Offline Gaz5282  
#16 Posted : 20 August 2019 11:47:49(UTC)
Gaz5282

The delay is usually with the orange or yellow colour, I ordered mine 2nd April and collected 5th July, but went for black, mines a 280 with edc
Offline Kreki  
#17 Posted : 20 August 2019 12:24:35(UTC)
Kreki

Ordered my Manual VO Trophy in Mid April, was told of an October/September delivery date. Arrived End of June!! Kept updated every single step of the way. Only issue I have is a slightly noisy gearbox/clutch when the car gets warm. But apparently this is a common thing? Noone replied to my thread about this, but having spoken to others it seems a few have also noticed.

Surely being a Renault Sport forum, wouldn't most people here prefer the Mégane over the Civic? Or are you just in the wrong place and fancy trolling? Having owned a few Honda's, specifically Type Rs in my time, I have ZERO trust in that Civic's Gearbox XD

Offline sunnylunn  
#18 Posted : 20 August 2019 14:43:33(UTC)
sunnylunn

You’d think the only people commenting on here would own a Renault wouldn’t you, but it appears the site attracts people that just seem to want to slag everything Renault off, bit weird, but it seems to make them happy.

Anyway, welcome along, got any pics of your trophy, what spec did you go for?
Offline robertee  
#19 Posted : 20 August 2019 17:05:53(UTC)
robertee

The Type R is a fine car but the auto box sealed it for the Megane as I spend a lot of time using adaptive cruise control - and I haven't the time to bucket and sponge it, or use paddle shifters for that matter (stick it in D!).

Just come out of a 3 year relationship with a Golf R (didn't use those paddle shifters either) and although I'll miss the 4motion the Megane and the Golf do excellent Q car impersonations...

New to Renault, but really buzzed about the up coming experience.

I have the "warm" hatch the Megane GTnav tce, I love the paddle shifters, but i detest the adaptive cruise control, give me standard cruise every time, adaptive slows you down 100yards from the car in front, so before you've even thought about indicating to overtake you have slowed down, then entering the fast lane at a slower speed nearly end up getting shunted from behind in the fast lane.
Offline foxspeed  
#20 Posted : 21 August 2019 19:24:29(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: Kreki Go to Quoted Post
Ordered my Manual VO Trophy in Mid April, was told of an October/September delivery date. Arrived End of June!! Kept updated every single step of the way. Only issue I have is a slightly noisy gearbox/clutch when the car gets warm. But apparently this is a common thing? Noone replied to my thread about this, but having spoken to others it seems a few have also noticed.

Surely being a Renault Sport forum, wouldn't most people here prefer the Mégane over the Civic? Or are you just in the wrong place and fancy trolling? Having owned a few Honda's, specifically Type Rs in my time, I have ZERO trust in that Civic's Gearbox XD

yes gearbox noise sometimes when its warm or when crawling in traffic
Offline eddyrz  
#21 Posted : 23 August 2019 19:38:00(UTC)
eddyrz

ok so just popped into my dealership today to ask about information, as i literally dont have anything and been told due to my car being a factor required build with all the options iv ticked that i wont get any information till the car lands in the uk. they also offered me a courtesy car to drive about in if it doesn't come at the start of october
Offline Gavin_trophy  
#22 Posted : 24 August 2019 06:42:06(UTC)
Gavin_trophy

Originally Posted by: eddyrz Go to Quoted Post
ok so just popped into my dealership today to ask about information, as i literally dont have anything and been told due to my car being a factor required build with all the options iv ticked that i wont get any information till the car lands in the uk. they also offered me a courtesy car to drive about in if it doesn't come at the start of october

I suggest you try another dealer. I placed a order for a liquid yellow trophy bose recaros parking pack viso pack in June but factory orders where shut. They opened in July and my dealer sent confirmation of my order with the factory with a timeline and my vin number. I also have 3 other friends with orders from the same dealer all ordered slightly after mine and all have the same document with the timeline. My car went into build yesterday and will leave the factory on the 27 August and arrive in the uk week 36 2019 ( 16th sept ).
Offline outhouse  
#23 Posted : 24 August 2019 09:52:31(UTC)
outhouse

Think my order is with eddyrzs, it's a heavily optioned 300 Auto in black. Ordered at in very similar window, delivery 4th October.

Gavin is yours significantly different to this order eg manual, special colour (though this seems to have slowed some orders)