Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sunnylunn  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2019 19:17:34(UTC)
sunnylunn

Well, traded the Clio Trophy in for a new Hyundai I30N, well impressed with it so far. Still got my R26 which I cant see me ever getting rid of, so i’ll still be around on here.
Just had the R26 fully forged, top spec internals, its a bit of a beast now, used mainly on track, AST suspension, RS250 brakes, cage, buckets etc. Got to say, the Clio was brilliant, never got all of the negative comments about it, especially from a few of the dicks that post on here, cracking car.
Offline CraigI  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2019 21:18:36(UTC)
CraigI

R26 sounds good....
Offline sunnylunn  
#3 Posted : 23 August 2019 07:41:24(UTC)
sunnylunn

I’ll not mention that one again : )
Offline del115  
#4 Posted : 23 August 2019 07:45:19(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
Well, traded the Clio Trophy in for a new Hyundai I30N, well impressed with it so far. Still got my R26 which I cant see me ever getting rid of, so i’ll still be around on here.
Just had the R26 fully forged, top spec internals, its a bit of a beast now, used mainly on track, AST suspension, RS250 brakes, cage, buckets etc. Got to say, the Clio was brilliant, never got all of the negative comments about it, especially from a few of the dicks that post on here, cracking car.

Totally with you on the 220T, mine never missed a beat in 2+ years.
Great on the road and once I had sorted brakes epic on track - nuff said.

Congrats on the 130N which, with the demise of the RS Clio, may become the natural successor for many.
Be interesting to hear your comparison 12 months down the line.
Offline sunnylunn  
#5 Posted : 24 August 2019 11:55:18(UTC)
sunnylunn

CHEERS DEL, DID YOU EVER GET YOURS SORTED?
Offline ianplymouth  
#6 Posted : 24 August 2019 17:15:56(UTC)
ianplymouth

are you going to track the I30, i have not come across one yet that puts up a fight on track, mine is still standard performance.
Offline del115  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2019 08:10:53(UTC)
del115

Yes, all sorted.
Lookers Chester eventually agreed the car was defective at the end of April.
Even then they still continued to argue about who should pay what but finally settled middle of July.
Renault never did accept that there was an issue and had refused to even talk about it since last December.
10 months of patience, perseverance and bloody mindedness plus a good solicitor and the motor ombudsmen got me there in the end.
Rejection it seems is not an option for the faint hearted.

It would appear that Lookers feel that they have cured the problem as it is now for sale on their site at £32,000.
They have been busy though and managed to put another 4500 miles on the clock to be able to advertise it as a 1 owner, low mileage car.
Doubt the new owner will get the full story so 'buyer beware' DC18 MDE has history.
Offline CraigI  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2019 09:28:26(UTC)
CraigI

Did you go to court / gather your costs back?
Offline Kirsty172  
#9 Posted : 25 August 2019 15:34:02(UTC)
Kirsty172

Back on topic... Early thoughts on the i30n?
Offline sunnylunn  
#10 Posted : 25 August 2019 18:22:48(UTC)
sunnylunn

Pretty impressed so far, rides and steers well, has every extra going, decent gear change, engine feels strong even though its only coming up to 1k miles, and to me, it looks like a hot hatch.
Offline foxspeed  
#11 Posted : 31 August 2019 16:17:14(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, all sorted.
Lookers Chester eventually agreed the car was defective at the end of April.
Even then they still continued to argue about who should pay what but finally settled middle of July.
Renault never did accept that there was an issue and had refused to even talk about it since last December.
10 months of patience, perseverance and bloody mindedness plus a good solicitor and the motor ombudsmen got me there in the end.
Rejection it seems is not an option for the faint hearted.

It would appear that Lookers feel that they have cured the problem as it is now for sale on their site at £32,000.
They have been busy though and managed to put another 4500 miles on the clock to be able to advertise it as a 1 owner, low mileage car.
Doubt the new owner will get the full story so 'buyer beware' DC18 MDE has history.

the one in the for sale video with the engine management light on LOL Blush Clown
Offline Kirsty172  
#12 Posted : 01 September 2019 12:01:38(UTC)
Kirsty172

Sunnylunn, very good glad to hear it seems to perform well. I'd be interested to see if they do some evolution versions of this as is rumoured, something with 350 and 4wd maybe would certainly give them a very strong product based on the ratings of this machine. Just need to control the price...