Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FramerateUK  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2019 13:46:38(UTC)
FramerateUK

Anyone else had the "URGENT SAFETY RECALL" notice on their 280/300?

I'm curious if it's just early cars or if all are affected!
Offline Rolo  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2019 15:24:28(UTC)
Rolo

Got my recall notice in the post today & mine's a May 2019 car so it must be for all of them. I'll get it booked in next week; hopefully won't be a long job.
Offline Sprocker  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2019 15:26:11(UTC)
Sprocker

Yep. Arrived this morning. It says oil pressure control valve. Also a software update. Not experienced any 'abnormal noise from the engine' though.

Not sure when I'll get chance to take it in. It's not been in for the bonnet recall yet. My closest dealer doesn't do bodywork, I have to go to a different dealer for that! But the engine is priority at the moment.
Offline Sprocker  
#4 Posted : 18 October 2019 15:27:30(UTC)
Sprocker

July 2018 btw.
Offline Rolo  
#5 Posted : 18 October 2019 18:46:12(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: Sprocker Go to Quoted Post
Yep. Arrived this morning. It says oil pressure control valve. Also a software update. Not experienced any 'abnormal noise from the engine' though.

Not sure when I'll get chance to take it in. It's not been in for the bonnet recall yet. My closest dealer doesn't do bodywork, I have to go to a different dealer for that! But the engine is priority at the moment.

What is the bonnet recall about? Guessing that must be for early cars as I've had no recall for that.
Offline Sprocker  
#6 Posted : 18 October 2019 19:25:14(UTC)
Sprocker

Dealer originally said it was for paint so I said noooo, but they then said it's just for some trim or sealant to the underside of the bonnet.
Offline FramerateUK  
#7 Posted : 21 October 2019 10:14:37(UTC)
FramerateUK

Dealer originally said it was for paint so I said noooo, but they then said it's just for some trim or sealant to the underside of the bonnet.

Thankfully mine had this done when it went in for its first service. It did take a few days though as the part failed to arrive on the correct day.

Mine's booked in for Thursday for this recall, Renault Cardiff have organised a hire car for me since the part is currently on back-order - I didn't even need to ask for one. They're excellent there to be fair!

Edited by user 21 October 2019 12:53:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Sprocker  
#8 Posted : 21 October 2019 12:11:00(UTC)
Sprocker

Nice. It's hard to find dealers who actually care these days. Keep us updated.

I am only 9 miles from harratts wakefield but there's something about them...

I am going to try a small dealer near York, Drakes, they're 30 ish miles away but I don't mind travelling to be treated properly.
Offline FramerateUK  
#9 Posted : 21 October 2019 12:52:50(UTC)
FramerateUK

Nice. It's hard to find dealers who actually care these days. Keep us updated.

I am only 9 miles from harratts wakefield but there's something about them...

I am going to try a small dealer near York, Drakes, they're 30 ish miles away but I don't mind travelling to be treated properly.

We have a franchise dealer (I won't name them!) less than a mile away but I've avoided them until last week when the other half's Dacia had a starter motor failure, we were only round the corner from them so it seemed like a no brainer, but suffice to say we won't be using them again (we still haven't got the Dacia back...).

I'd travel to Renault Cardiff every time.
Offline rjohn1  
#10 Posted : 21 October 2019 12:58:24(UTC)
rjohn1

I'm suprised my VIN doesn't show any recall information on the Renault website (https://www.renault.co.uk/owners/online-user-guides/product-update.html) - does anyone elses?
Offline Kreki  
#11 Posted : 22 October 2019 14:55:53(UTC)
Kreki

My VIN also doesn't show any recall. And as of yet, received no letter.

My car was delivered June 28th
Offline delboy280  
#12 Posted : 22 October 2019 15:15:48(UTC)
delboy280

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else had the "URGENT SAFETY RECALL" notice on their 280/300?

I'm curious if it's just early cars or if all are affected!

I believe its all cars from start of manufacture to 6/5/2019, mines end of april 2019 and has the recall,
so i assume early / mid june delivered cars

https://car-recalls.eu/r...ult-megane-rs-2018-2019/

Edited by user 22 October 2019 15:34:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andi  
#13 Posted : 22 October 2019 18:43:06(UTC)
Andi

Got the letter friday booked in tomorrow. What I find strange is I drove it for 4000 miles no problem 2 days after a service I get hit with limp mode literally,and RISK OF ENGINE FAILURE.
Is it the different grade of oil as supplied 5/35 and the grade installed after service?
Offline marvin  
#14 Posted : 23 October 2019 15:48:31(UTC)
marvin

Been driving mine for a few months now. Heard a whirring sound coming from the rear of the car the day before, sent my car in and did my first servicing at the same time. Was told that there's an issue with the oil pump. Wondering if it's the same issue.

I did not get a recall notice though.
Offline Andi  
#15 Posted : 23 October 2019 17:55:10(UTC)
Andi

Been to the dealer to-day. All checks done and apparently no problem, no further action.
Offline Sprocker  
#16 Posted : 23 October 2019 18:18:25(UTC)
Sprocker

I am dropping my car off Saturday for looking at next week, I was offered a car straight away too, maybe due to being warranty work.

They mentioned 3 things, the bonnet, which I wasn't bothered about if it means having paintwork done, the oil pressure thing and a traction pump! whatever that is...
Offline Rolo  
#17 Posted : 23 October 2019 19:50:31(UTC)
Rolo

Got mine booked in. No car offered as they said should only take about an hour so I'm going to wait.
Offline FramerateUK  
#18 Posted : 24 October 2019 13:07:06(UTC)
FramerateUK

I am dropping my car off Saturday for looking at next week, I was offered a car straight away too, maybe due to being warranty work.

They mentioned 3 things, the bonnet, which I wasn't bothered about if it means having paintwork done, the oil pressure thing and a traction pump! whatever that is...

I've had the bonnet done and there wasn't any paintwork change as far as I'm aware.

I've been given my hire car from Enterprise.... it's a Juke. What a woeful car! It's far more plasticty than the other half's duster and a right noisy thing (petrol 1.6). Also only 5 gears. I honestly don't understand why so many people buy them.

No complaints though, just glad to be mobile while the car is in :)
Offline marvin  
#19 Posted : 25 October 2019 16:30:14(UTC)
marvin

Just received a letter from my dealer asking me to bring my vehicle in for a check, I quote "there may be the possibility of an irregularity in the operation of the engine's oil pressure solenoid valve control".

Calling them tomorrow to get it clarified. Should be the same issue that was brought up during my first servicing.
Offline delboy280  
#20 Posted : 29 October 2019 12:41:33(UTC)
delboy280

has anyone had this actually done yet.
do we know what they are actually doing.

according to australian site, its to do with the wiring for the oil pressure valve solenoid.

"The oil pressure solenoid valve wiring was not manufactured to the required specifications, which may lead to engine failure"

my recall notice also mentions a software update, what would that be for?

Edited by user 29 October 2019 12:46:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline rjohn1  
#21 Posted : 29 October 2019 13:47:59(UTC)
rjohn1

I've just spoken to Harrats (Wakefield) and apparently there is a note about an R-Link issue on my car (something to do with the throttle sound) but nothing about the oil solenoid valve. I got my car 24th June so I would have expected it to be affected.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#22 Posted : 29 October 2019 16:45:19(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Same here. I have a july 18 car and there is nothing regarding a recall for my VIN number.
Offline Sprocker  
#23 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:59:00(UTC)
Sprocker

I dropped the car off Saturday and had a call today to say it will be ready for picking up tomorrow once the adhesive for the bonnet issue has cured for 24hrs.

I'll see what I can get out of them regarding what is actually being done with the oil pressure but,from previous experience with other manufacturers, they're not usually forthcoming when its recall work, it's just, well its mended, why do you want to know? lol
Offline RED21  
#24 Posted : 30 October 2019 06:45:28(UTC)
RED21

With the oil pump recall all we do is to modify a control solenoid wiring and then monitor the oil pressure at 2000 rpm over a period of time. Then subject to the pressure noted will determine if a solenoid is required or not.
All of the ones I have done just needed the first part which is straight forward.
Offline delboy280  
#25 Posted : 30 October 2019 08:18:32(UTC)
delboy280

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
With the oil pump recall all we do is to modify a control solenoid wiring and then monitor the oil pressure at 2000 rpm over a period of time. Then subject to the pressure noted will determine if a solenoid is required or not.
All of the ones I have done just needed the first part which is straight forward.

thanks for that, do you know anything about the software update, is it ecu or maybe rlink2?
cheers

Edited by user 30 October 2019 11:20:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified