Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline quackpack  
#1 Posted : 30 September 2017 02:17:47(UTC)
quackpack

Greetings from Malaysia, I would like to share with you guys on my journey to facelift my 2014 Clio RS!

Before any mods

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Headlamp Mod! Initiale Paris Xenon Headlamp but remove the xenon lense and modded in a Bi-Led from Toyota Crown

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AP Racing Brakes.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Next was the Clio Cup Racer Spoiler!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Trim the original spoiler and paint it black
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Before installing the spoiler, I am running on RS tuning 220hp mapping. But after installing the awesome looking aerofoil, the downforce really made the car much much heavier during high speed but the stability given is terrific!
But then, an obligatory upgrade is needed Evil Blaming on IanTongue

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Well, with 240hp I thought I was done....Not.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Now left only with the facelift blade!

UserPostedImage

Offline quackpack  
#2 Posted : 30 September 2017 02:30:09(UTC)
quackpack

To those wishing to change to the RS Vision foglamp, you are required to modify abit on the wiring and only the 3 chequered flag are able to light up, the top one being cornering light cannot be light up due to canbus and internal computer, adventurous folks could open it up and try to bypass it but I dont think its advisable due to heating issue. You will be left a weaker top section which is bright enough to shine on the corner, and the middle and bottom are the crazy bright foglamp.

One word of warning though, the foglamp is freaking bright(whitish more than 6500k), even my headlmap bi-led with 6000k nichia chip is being overpowered by the foglamp. The foglamp is made by Hella.

Our current DRL runs on 2 power wires which switch on the stronger LED when engine is on and headlight is off, while switch off the stronger LED and on the weaker LED when engine is on and headlight is on. You will need a one way diode to get the RS vision to stay on the whole time and also a relay due to the original wires not being able to supply enough current.

Here are the parts needed :

Both the foglamp part number : 260A25277R , 260B27408R
Facelift Grille : 622549163R
Foglamp holder : 269111278R
Facelift Blade : 620843026R (Optional)

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2017 05:09:23(UTC)
MrVix

I am not usually a fan of 'messed about with' cars but from your last photo it looks very good indeed, far better than the usual eyesores that evolve after they have been 'max powered', well done OPBig Smile

Sorry just realised that last photo is an RS16, oh well if you can get yours to replicate that it will be a job well doneBig Smile

PS greetings from Thailand, which will explain the unsociable hour postsLOL

Edited by user 30 September 2017 05:13:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John_walker74  
#4 Posted : 30 September 2017 05:27:30(UTC)
John_walker74

I'm sure a few people will be interested in your brake upgrade as that seems to be a weakish point on track with these. Can you share some more details?
Offline quackpack  
#5 Posted : 30 September 2017 07:02:19(UTC)
quackpack

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure a few people will be interested in your brake upgrade as that seems to be a weakish point on track with these. Can you share some more details?

AP Racing CP5200
Slotted 330mm Disc OEM
DS2500 Pads
Custom hubs to fit within the original 17 inch rim

All done by local garage. Needed to remove the heatshield for the lower arm bearing though.
Offline John_walker74  
#6 Posted : 30 September 2017 07:13:47(UTC)
John_walker74

Do you mean a new hub or use of the adaptor bracket shown in your photos? Looks a cracking setup and will certain improve braking performance over the standard setup. What pads are you going to run?
Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 30 September 2017 07:26:22(UTC)
Georgeski

Do you mean a new hub or use of the adaptor bracket shown in your photos? Looks a cracking setup and will certain improve braking performance over the standard setup. What pads are you going to run?

Ds25000 by the looks of it.
Offline quackpack  
#8 Posted : 30 September 2017 08:03:28(UTC)
quackpack

A new custom centre hub is needed to let the disc seat deeper towards the wheel hub so that we don't hit the rims, but downside is we need to remove the heatshield for the bearing.

Front pads are ds25000 and rear pads are ebc yellow , rear brake are original setup
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#9 Posted : 30 September 2017 10:04:36(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Looks very nice
Offline mon  
#10 Posted : 21 February 2018 02:09:57(UTC)
mon

Hi, i just bought the rs16 day ligths.
Please can you share with me the wiring diagram, i just installed but i didn{t wire it.

Regards
Salomon
Offline Tanim  
#11 Posted : 03 July 2018 14:13:28(UTC)
Tanim

Awesome! Looks much better and very close to the end product R.S. 16, did you change turbo, intake or anything for the 240bhp or just a remap?
Offline danielnckl  
#12 Posted : 05 July 2018 03:51:20(UTC)
danielnckl

I have exchanged exhaust system ktr, silicon hose kits, air filter and did a remap to 245bhp. Intercooler, turbo is stock.
Offline quackpack  
#13 Posted : 06 July 2018 14:21:42(UTC)
quackpack

Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post
Awesome! Looks much better and very close to the end product R.S. 16, did you change turbo, intake or anything for the 240bhp or just a remap?

I am using ITG Maxogen Air intake, Turbo Cold side fin change to 220T size and currently using wagner tuning intercooler. Was using airtec intercooler but it causes heat issue for my car due to my country's weather.
Offline Tanim  
#14 Posted : 06 July 2018 15:00:34(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: quackpack Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post

I am using ITG Maxogen Air intake, Turbo Cold side fin change to 220T size and currently using wagner tuning intercooler. Was using airtec intercooler but it causes heat issue for my car due to my country's weather.

Awesome, thanks!

Edited by user 06 July 2018 15:01:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline 200tDXB  
#15 Posted : 20 October 2019 14:10:23(UTC)
200tDXB

Sorry for bumping this!

@quackpack you said the Airtec intercooler was no good? Was that the front mounted upgrade? The Wagner you currently have on, is that the side mounted OEM location?

I’m in Dubai which is A LOT hotter than Kuala ☺️
Offline Rneves  
#16 Posted : 20 October 2019 17:27:39(UTC)
Rneves

Originally Posted by: quackpack Go to Quoted Post

AP Racing CP5200
Slotted 330mm Disc OEM
DS2500 Pads
Custom hubs to fit within the original 17 inch rim

All done by local garage. Needed to remove the heatshield for the lower arm bearing though.

Are those hubs sold anywhere, or you asked someone to make them for you?

What is the difference between the modified hubs and the original ones?

I'm thinking about upgrading my brakes too, but by buying a set of wheels with 10mm less of ET.