Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rave  
#1 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:09:05(UTC)
rave

Hi all,

I've just been offered £1100 for my 1990 gt turbo. It needs restoration, but has good history and only 55k on the clock. Is that a good price?
Thanks.
Offline Georgeski  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:16:29(UTC)
Georgeski

No
Offline roystinho  
#3 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:26:18(UTC)
roystinho

No, I'll give you £900 for it Wink

Ultimately depends on how much work needs doing to it. If it's really bad then it might need thousands spending on it with parts that are verging on impossible to find.

Have a quick look as to what you think needs doing, add up the work and then take it from there Smile A nice low mileage 5GTT in good nick is about £10k now
Offline John_walker74  
#4 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:31:23(UTC)
John_walker74

Really depends on how poor the condition is. I saw one on a Facebook group in a poor state but with 95%/of the parts to complete the project and I think it was £1500. Guy said it was worth more as parts bit wanted to keep it complete.
Offline John_walker74  
#5 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:32:05(UTC)
John_walker74

I'll buy it for that!
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#6 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:47:55(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: rave Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I've just been offered £1100 for my 1990 gt turbo. It needs restoration, but has good history and only 55k on the clock. Is that a good price?
Thanks.

What's the condition like? Any corrosion? All the interior parts in good condition? Post some pictures

Offline rave  
#7 Posted : 25 November 2015 11:56:33(UTC)
rave

Hi all,

Thanks for the response. I've attached (hopefully) some pictures below. Long story short, went into storage after I settled down, was supposed to be a summer weekend car, never happened and just got forgot about. Its a bit of a barn find. I am the third owner, its been with me for 21 years! It was destined for tv stardom on channel 4, with big till to me, unfortunately they bumped me for some reason or another. I'll post some more pictures shortly, my laptop is currently having an argument with Photobucket.
[img=UserPostedImage]A picture i scanned in of it in its hay day[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Lots of paper work[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Service book[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]In the garage[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Tail gate[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]O/S rear passenger window[/img]
Offline rave  
#8 Posted : 25 November 2015 13:15:20(UTC)
rave

More pics...
[img=UserPostedImage]Boot floor[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Bonnet[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]N/S sill[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]N/S[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]N/S[/img]

I've tried to show the bits that need work. The sills need weld, as does a section at the rear behind the bumper that's not shown. The car is not running, purred like a kitten before being put away and only has 55k on the clock. The only mods were a large gttuning intercooler, grpa carb over haul, gttuning dumpvalve (obligatory in the 90's)and a full Scorpion stainless system. The body work is all standard, never had any body kits and never been cut, its in remarkable condition considering. It is filthy and needs a good scrub though!
It is a restoration job that is beyond me. I obviously want to realise as much as I can price wise, but I am also realistic that this is a none runner. I'm hoping that the 55k on the clock helps the value some what.
What do you think?

Offline rave  
#9 Posted : 25 November 2015 13:19:00(UTC)
rave

1 last thing, it has 3 sets of wheels. The rather dodgy 3 spokes and 2 sets of original speedlines.

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#10 Posted : 25 November 2015 13:44:35(UTC)
Jeremy

What's the interior like?
Offline rave  
#11 Posted : 25 November 2015 14:03:45(UTC)
rave

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
What's the interior like?

The interior is in very good condition. Its all standard and the panels have not been cut for speakers, apart from the rear shelf. I can get some pics of the interior for tomorrow Jeremy.

Offline roystinho  
#12 Posted : 25 November 2015 15:01:36(UTC)
roystinho

I'd chance it at £3k tbh, be honest, with a decent interior and pics of all the wheels that come with it. The 55k is a massive plus, so if it's only a bit of welding, cleaning and maybe a respray, plus changing all rubber parts that might have perished...

I think a bit more and then it becomes a buying one to restore v a restored one, unless someone fancies the project
Offline rave  
#13 Posted : 25 November 2015 18:52:52(UTC)
rave

Thanks again for everyone's comments, really helpful.
It was offered to a friend of a friend for £2500, which I think it's worth. This is where the £1100 offer came from. I'll put some interior pics up tomorrow for you to see.
:)
Offline John_walker74  
#14 Posted : 25 November 2015 19:35:57(UTC)
John_walker74

Certainly nearer £2500 than £1100. If this had been next year I would have been seriously tempted.
Offline Marc_250  
#15 Posted : 25 November 2015 21:38:01(UTC)
Marc_250

Looks like a great project for someone.
Offline rave  
#16 Posted : 26 November 2015 19:45:27(UTC)
rave

Sorry I didn't get round to posting interior pics today. It's been one of those days today. Promise I'll get them up for the weekend :)
Offline rave  
#17 Posted : 29 November 2015 19:01:37(UTC)
rave

Here we go chaps, picture's of the interior as promised. All interior is original and apart from the parcel shelf has not been cut. There is a small crack on the drivers side door panel just below the lock. It really is in good condition, albeit in need of a deep clean. It even has the original tool kit in the boot. The Wife's on my back to get it cleared asap!
[img=UserPostedImage]clocks[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Sterring wheel[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]Drivers door panel[/img]
[img=UserPostedImage]interior[/img]
[img=http:/UserPostedImage/]interior[/img]
[img=http[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/a[img=UserPostedImage]interior[/img]lbums/bb319/rave1051/DSC03206.jpg[/IMG]://]interior[/img]
UserPostedImage

Offline rave  
#18 Posted : 29 November 2015 19:03:28(UTC)
rave

One thing made me chuckle that i'd forgot about. Its got a choke!!lol
Offline McPhee200  
#19 Posted : 20 December 2015 15:39:00(UTC)
McPhee200

I could be completely wrong but does any of the interior suffer from mould? I was just trying to work out of any of the spots on the seats / doors are mould or just general muck?

If i knew what i was doing pal i'd have that. I don't though, so..

Why is it a none runner? Whats wrong with it? Does it turn over?
Offline Streetfighter  
#20 Posted : 27 January 2016 21:28:26(UTC)
Streetfighter

It hard to make an accurate assessment. The rust around the rear window is quite odd, raises a question on history. I'd want see the sills and jacking points and I suspect from tail gate and windscreen / scuttle panel that until you pull the seals out you won't know the extent of the damage.

It's too good to break though, despite the gear knob alone being worth >£350 alone 😂 (Joke for those in the GTT scene)

Edited by user 27 January 2016 21:29:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline rave  
#21 Posted : 23 February 2016 12:46:49(UTC)
rave

Thanks for the replies Mcphhee200 Streetfighter . Sorry for the delayed response, not been on for a while. I have now sold the gtt. I got a little more than I was offered, its a buyers market for stuff like this this so I guess its a fair price. I think originally I was wowed by what concourse cars were fetching and tried to work the price back. There is definitely a lot of work to do on this, but still a solid base car with a really low mileage engine. The rust issues i think look a lot worse than they are, but way above my talent level, which is none. The spots on the interior were just a bit of mould, a good steam and it'll come up like new. Just a shame its tv stardom never came about to earn me lots of money!
Thankfully I was away on collection day by the new owner, I got a pal to look after it. I would of had a tear in my eye, had some good times in the gtt! It was the fastest thing id ever driven, on collecting it way back when, my pal and I laughed all the way home on the 45 minute journey. Looking back though, how at 21 I managed to not kill it or myself is probably down to luck more than talent. I'm in touch with the new owner who will be keeping me posted with its progress. I'll post some pics on this thread as I get them.

Thanks all, appreciated all the comments :)

Rave.
Offline Primera  
#22 Posted : 21 November 2019 15:30:50(UTC)
Primera

No.. think twice...

SEO London
Offline foxspeed  
#23 Posted : 22 November 2019 20:00:07(UTC)
foxspeed

only 4yrs late with that answer Confused