Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott.T  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2019 20:26:27(UTC)
Scott.T

Has anyone had any luck sourcing front and rear black badges.

I got a front and rear set from Diamond Performance for £46 knowing full well I'd have to 'rework' the front badge centre edge profile due to the RS Meganes badge being a flush/flat 3D look item.
The plan was to trim the inner edge back and retain the outer edge so the black cover would fit and the centre would lay flush (or at least the thickness of trim tape/foam).

But after a fair amount of time carefully trimming the centre, when it came to align it/check it on the car it soon became clear that the badges overall dimensions were slightly too small and that the arc/profile of the badge cover is greater than the arc of the oem badge.
No doubt it would drop straight over a Megane GT badge, but it's not suitable even with rework, for the RS.

The rear boot badge fits a treat although I may run a small piece of black pinstripe round the edge of the chrome badge first to 100% hide it.

Anyone else managed to source anything for the front ?

Edited by user 01 December 2019 20:28:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Black225  
#2 Posted : 02 December 2019 20:33:32(UTC)
Black225

Could it not be wrapped?
Offline Scott.T  
#3 Posted : 04 December 2019 07:49:10(UTC)
Scott.T

The oem badge panel is a flush panel with a 3D effect flush chrome diamond inlayed into it.
The entire thing could be wrapped but then you end up with a large blank black flat area with no badge.

The diamond performance black overlay is for the GT which has an actual mounted chrome badge. But the overall dimensions are slightly smaller than the essentially faked badge panel on the RS.

One option would be to get the smaller clio badge and mount/trim tape that over the RS badge panel once you wrapped the panel to cover the chrome inlay.