Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline HonzaL  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2020 14:28:52(UTC)
HonzaL

Hello everyone,

Im going to pick up my Trophy in couple of days days, finally, after like 5 months of waiting!

And I have a couple of questions on you guys, those, who already own it, if you dont mind writing me down your experiences.

1) in the topgear.com long term review of the Trophy version, they say that they have turned the 4control off, "so it only aids parking and high-speed stability" ... I tough that its not possible to turn it off anyhow, or is it?

2) I have a little worries about this light weight battery. Sometimes I leave the car parked outside over the winter time (1-2 weeks is not exceptional) and Im a bit afraid that it wont perform as good as the good-old-battery which is in all the other models. Did you have any issues with it? I was thinking about swaping it for the "normal" one, but Im not sure it that is even possible...

3) I have chosen trophy because of the sound, more power, and of course because of the LSD. The only thing I'm not so much happy about, is the much stiffer suspension over the 280ps version. So I had an idea, if it might be possible to swap the shock absorbers with the 280 "sport" ones. Im definitely not saying I will do it, its just an idea and as I drove it for couple of times, Im pretty much happy with the stiffness and stuff, but you know how it is, you just start to find out how is it to live with the car, when you finally own it and daily drive it...

If you think those questions are completely stupid, sorry about that but I didnt know where to ask, as I've searched all over the internet and found out, that this forum is the best for those type of questions.

and one more thing- sorry for my english, I'm from czech republic and this is definitely not our native language..

I already asked on another UK forum, get some answers, but this forum seems more "alive" to me.

Thanks!
Offline Kreki  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2020 12:24:23(UTC)
Kreki

1). You can choose between the standard 4 control settings and the "Race" settings. The 4 control is very useful in day to day driving. Turn circle is vastly improved, and steering effort is brilliant. Other FWD cars now feel like the back end simply "drags" round the corner.

2). Unable to give feedback on the battery. Mines a daily driver and usually only sits for 2/3 days maximum. If concerned, maybe purchase a trickle charger?

3. Suspension is simply not as stiff and hard as most Journalists have tried to make out. Feels exactly the same as my MK3 265 with Cup Chassis.