Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline keef  
#26 Posted : 20 September 2009 22:05:11(UTC)
keef

Robster wrote:

Thought I would say hi to everyone.

I am awaiting delivery of a new Silver Clio 200. This has the cup chassis, Recaro seats and a few more extras as it will be my everyday car.

I decided on the clio after test driving the new focus RS and the Honda Type R. The Renault just felt so much better to drive, far more planted on the road and a lot more fun.

I decided to get a hot hatch after spending 2 days on a track driving course with Don Palmer in Anglesey (Highly recommended, if not cheap!). It re kindled my interest in driving - and the BMW 5 series had to go! So looking forward to using the car, including track work and getting to some Renault events.

I think its worth mentioning after being on this forum for a couple of weeks that everyone seems to be helpful/friendly. I sometimes go on pistonheads, but within 5 posts of any new thread people are slagging each other off/making highly opinionated judgements/changing the subject. So keep it up everyone.

Look forward to meeting some of you on track!

Welcome to the forum matey. Where are you based?

Offline Rob199  
#27 Posted : 20 September 2009 22:16:44(UTC)
Rob199

keef wrote:
Robster wrote:

I am awaiting delivery of a new Silver Clio 200. This has the cup chassis, Recaro seats and a few more extras as it will be my everyday car.

I decided on the clio after test driving the new focus RS and the Honda Type R. The Renault just felt so much better to drive, far more planted on the road and a lot more fun.

I decided to get a hot hatch after spending 2 days on a track driving course with Don Palmer in Anglesey (Highly recommended, if not cheap!). It re kindled my interest in driving - and the BMW 5 series had to go! So looking forward to using the car, including track work and getting to some Renault events.

I think its worth mentioning after being on this forum for a couple of weeks that everyone seems to be helpful/friendly. I sometimes go on pistonheads, but within 5 posts of any new thread people are slagging each other off/making highly opinionated judgements/changing the subject. So keep it up everyone.

Welcome to the forum matey. Where are you based?

Not far From Croydon, Surrey

Offline keef  
#28 Posted : 21 September 2009 07:24:13(UTC)
keef

Enjoy the car when it comes and get some pics up!
Offline foxspeed  
#29 Posted : 21 September 2009 10:22:05(UTC)
foxspeed

Robster wrote:

welcome fella Big Smile

Edited by user 21 September 2009 10:23:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline martinoutfront  
#30 Posted : 22 September 2009 20:40:26(UTC)
martinoutfront

Hello all! Joined the forum a couple of weeks  back and thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. I've got  a GW 200 with cup pack and cup spoiler on order that I should hopefully get my sticky mitts on in mid Nov - if Renault don't put the delivery date back again Big Smile

Edited by user 22 September 2009 20:41:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline LEEMJONES  
#31 Posted : 22 September 2009 20:43:11(UTC)
LEEMJONES

Welcome out of the voyeur closet and into the forum matey :-)
Offline foxspeed  
#32 Posted : 22 September 2009 20:44:13(UTC)
foxspeed

martinoutfront wrote:
Hello all! Joined the forum a couple of weeks back and thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. I've got a GW 200 with cup pack and cup spoiler on order that I should hopefully get my sticky mitts on in mid Nov - if Renault don't put the delivery date back again Big Smile

welcome fella Big Smile

Offline LEEMJONES  
#33 Posted : 22 September 2009 20:47:54(UTC)
LEEMJONES

notice how its seems to be the Yorkshire Posse who welcome our new members, we are just so friendly.
Offline PAOLO3  
#34 Posted : 22 September 2009 22:25:02(UTC)
Paolo3

I'm technically a Midlanding Worcestershire-ite so ....

"HELLO NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing these new 200's in pics going up in next few months.... Smile

Offline martinoutfront  
#35 Posted : 24 September 2009 21:36:35(UTC)
martinoutfront

PAOLO3 wrote:

I'm technically a Midlanding Worcestershire-ite so ....

"HELLO NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing these new 200's in pics going up in next few months....  Smile

I'm sort of north west Worcs/ SW B'ham so hopefully I might spot you. What colour is your 197?
Offline Bloodguard  
#36 Posted : 26 September 2009 18:25:29(UTC)
Bloodguard

Hello everyone i'm Bloodguard just bought a Red Clio RS 197 enjoying my new toy very much!! awsome machine. Looking forward speaking with you guys about car stuff.

Edited by user 26 September 2009 18:35:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline foxspeed  
#37 Posted : 26 September 2009 19:03:48(UTC)
foxspeed

Bloodguard wrote:
Hello everyone i'm Bloodguard just bought a Red Clio RS 197 enjoying my new toy very much!! awsome machine. Looking forward speaking with you guys about car stuff.

welcome fella Big Smile

Offline Partickpebbles  
#38 Posted : 28 September 2009 14:24:50(UTC)
Partickpebbles

Bloodguard wrote:

The right colour yet another RED BARON perhaps!!

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postsm891074/Red-Barons-MkII--List-updated-17909-Pics--add-yours-too/Default.aspx#891074

Welcome!!Cool

Edited by user 28 September 2009 14:26:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline spilla1  
#39 Posted : 29 September 2009 19:03:11(UTC)
spilla1

Hello,

I'm Alex , recently traded in my clio williams conversion for a white 200 cup at first i regretted it but after the engine bed in period it became a whole lot more interesting. I'm based in Sheffield anyone from sheff on here,seen a few 197's doing what clios do well around the peak district.

Cheers

Offline pugs9000  
#40 Posted : 29 September 2009 19:07:02(UTC)
pugs9000

spilla1 wrote:

Hello,

I'm Alex , recently traded in my clio williams conversion for a white 200 cup at first i regretted it but after the engine bed in period it became a whole lot more interesting. I'm based in Sheffield anyone from sheff on here,seen a few 197's doing what clios do well around the peak district.

Cheers

Welcome, i can often be spotted having a blast around the peaks- will be there next tuesday!
Offline Partickpebbles  
#41 Posted : 30 September 2009 12:33:12(UTC)
Partickpebbles

spilla1 wrote:

Hello,

I'm Alex , recently traded in my clio williams conversion for a white 200 cup at first i regretted it but after the engine bed in period it became a whole lot more interesting. I'm based in Sheffield anyone from sheff on here,seen a few 197's doing what clios do well around the peak district. 

Cheers

Hi Alex welcome............just down the road from the leeds Possie..........Jase from 197.net is down your way in a lovely blue 197!Cool
Offline The Clang  
#42 Posted : 30 September 2009 12:52:03(UTC)
The Clang

Welcome to the forum Alex.
Offline foxspeed  
#43 Posted : 30 September 2009 14:21:20(UTC)
foxspeed

spilla1 wrote:

Hello,

Cheers

welcome fella Big Smile

Offline keef  
#44 Posted : 30 September 2009 23:59:31(UTC)
keef

martinoutfront wrote:
Hello all! Joined the forum a couple of weeks back and thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. I've got a GW 200 with cup pack and cup spoiler on order that I should hopefully get my sticky mitts on in mid Nov - if Renault don't put the delivery date back again Big Smile

spilla1 wrote:

Hello,

Cheers

Welcome to the forum both of you! Enjoy the cars and put some pics up. Smile

Edited by user 01 October 2009 00:00:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matty_N  
#45 Posted : 02 October 2009 22:17:53(UTC)
Matty_N

Hey y'all! I'm Matt.

I've had my Skoda Fabia VRS for 4 years now and last week decided it was time for a change. So on tuesday morning I placed my order for a liquid yellow Clio 200 with cup pack and Recaros. Delivery is expected in december(!). Got it for quite a bargain too...

So yeah, just signing in to say hi really!

Offline foxspeed  
#46 Posted : 02 October 2009 22:59:31(UTC)
foxspeed

Matty_N wrote:

Hey y'all! I'm Matt.

I've had my Skoda Fabia VRS for 4 years now and last week decided it was time for a change. So on tuesday morning I placed my order for a liquid yellow Clio 200 with cup pack and Recaros. Delivery is expected in december(!). Got it for quite a bargain too...

So yeah, just signing in to say hi really!

welcome fella Big Smile

Offline firesafetydave  
#47 Posted : 13 October 2009 14:36:33(UTC)
firesafetydave

Hello all,

Just about ready to pick up my black 200 with cup suspension.

i am a petrol head through and through and love doing track days in my 4.3 westfield and am a regular on piston heads and love a good hoon. i wanted something that is capable of longer distances without making your ears bleed so i can hopefully get to the ring and some tracks further afield from my home in Northants.

looking forward to meeting some of you at some renault track days.

Dave

Offline Al  
#48 Posted : 13 October 2009 14:42:17(UTC)
Al

Welcome Dave!

Glad to hear about your love of trackdays - make sure you check out RenaultSports trackdays, although you'll have to leave the Westfield at home for that one Wink

Also, welcome Matt! Will be very nice in the LY Smile
Offline rich_y2  
#49 Posted : 13 October 2009 15:08:08(UTC)
rich_y2

firesafetydave wrote:

Hello all,

Just about ready to pick up my black 200 with cup suspension.

i am a petrol head through and through and love doing track days in my 4.3 westfield and am a regular on piston heads and love a good hoon. i wanted something that is capable of longer distances without making your ears bleed so i can hopefully get to the ring and some tracks further afield from my home in Northants.

looking forward to meeting some of you at some renault track days.

Dave

Bet that Westfield is a hoot to drive, hopefully the Clio will be entertaining in all conditions for you as well as still putting a smile on your face at the track.

Offline The Clang  
#50 Posted : 13 October 2009 15:24:33(UTC)
The Clang

Matt & Dave, enjoy the forum!