Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vincent  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2007 19:32:00(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

who was i kidding? both ze germans and us brits build our dogs the way we build our cars. i didn't want an austin metro, i want an audi s8 estate. so out goes the yorkshire terrier.... the wife has agreed to come look at some rottie pups!
Offline leenixon12  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2007 20:29:45(UTC)
leenixon12


Posts: 961

Rotties.

Hasn't one just chewed through the arms of a kennel worker?

Good luck...
Offline leenixon12  
#3 Posted : 14 December 2007 20:32:18(UTC)
leenixon12


Posts: 961

Offline samnottm  
#4 Posted : 14 December 2007 20:39:05(UTC)
samnottm


Posts: 796

Quote:
Originally posted by leenixon12
Rotties.

Hasn't one just chewed through the arms of a kennel worker?

Good luck...
do you think he`ll need good luck?
Offline Emma.Clarke  
#5 Posted : 15 December 2007 13:30:26(UTC)
Emma.Clarke


Posts: 153

Its how you bring them up I think, I used to have a doberman from a pup and it was soft as anything
Offline vincent  
#6 Posted : 15 December 2007 13:41:37(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

i'm afraid it's not going to happen...... Sad
Offline Emma.Clarke  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2007 14:12:23(UTC)
Emma.Clarke


Posts: 153

you been 2 see them?
Offline samnottm  
#8 Posted : 15 December 2007 14:15:12(UTC)
samnottm


Posts: 796

Quote:
Originally posted by vincent
i'm afraid it's not going to happen...... Sad
understandable,really dont think its the breed characteristic but if rottweillers and other large dogs do get into the wrong hands then because of their size and strength they will cause dreadful injuries.i would never trust completely any dog,having owned terriers for thirty years.
my mother breeds rottweillers my father trains and shows them.his dogs are on sight command
and compete in the obediance rings across the eastern counties.my mothers last two male rottweillers were "pat" dogs.she would be invited into rehibilitation centers for children and they would lift the spirits of many ill abused children.what people have to remember at the end of the day is that these are dogs,not humans they dont know reason they know how to follow how they have been raised.
Offline Roberts_clio  
#9 Posted : 15 December 2007 14:19:31(UTC)
Roberts_clio


Posts: 1,687

agree with you sam i feel its the owner
Offline samnottm  
#10 Posted : 15 December 2007 14:30:51(UTC)
samnottm


Posts: 796

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberts_clio
agree with you sam i feel its the owner
most of the time i think it is.this particular dog in the news was taken in as a stray the owner its been found out had an exsisting ten year ban on keeping dogs.now this owner was female,the person who has suffered these terrible injuries is also female.in my opinion large and aggressive dogs with the capabilities to cause terrible and in this case life threatening injuries should be humanely destroyed at assessment.also this ladies employer has a duty to protect her health and welfare.clearly something has broken down and given fuel to the tabloid scaremongering once again.

Edited by user 15 December 2007 14:37:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline vincent  
#11 Posted : 15 December 2007 14:54:26(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

the wife is kind of afraid of dogs..... she's scared ****less of my folks boxers and as much as i'd like the rottie, it's just not going to happen for a looooooooooong time.
Offline mike225  
#12 Posted : 15 December 2007 15:02:00(UTC)
mike225


Posts: 6,419

divorce?
Offline vincent  
#13 Posted : 15 December 2007 15:25:06(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

nay, lose the house, rent a crappy flat, no room for a dog.

i need to start off small, rubbish little terrier that'll die quickly, move up to a rottie in time.
Offline White Duck  
#14 Posted : 15 December 2007 15:33:55(UTC)
White Duck


Posts: 2,577

Quote:
Originally posted by vincent
nay, lose the house, rent a crappy flat, no room for a dog.

i need to start off small, rubbish little terrier that'll die quickly, move up to a rottie in time.


rat poison will help it on its way.....
Offline redr26  
#15 Posted : 17 December 2007 07:08:40(UTC)
redr26


Posts: 654

Quote:
Originally posted by vincent
nay, lose the house, rent a crappy flat, no room for a dog.

i need to start off small, rubbish little terrier that'll die quickly, move up to a rottie in time.
Taking that attitude towards animals is awful you sound has though you cant look after your self never mind a defenceless dog. T****R. All it comes down to is so you can walk down the street with a big dog biggin you self up, prob because you got picked on when you was at school, its all down to the matcho image you want people to see.

Edited by user 17 December 2007 07:10:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline minimaxs1  
#16 Posted : 17 December 2007 08:43:44(UTC)
minimaxs1


Posts: 508

^Approve
futhermore if you knew anything about dogs you would know that small dogs live longer than big ones.
Offline White Duck  
#17 Posted : 17 December 2007 08:53:11(UTC)
White Duck


Posts: 2,577

Err..... I think he was joking guys..... Confused
Offline Berty  
#18 Posted : 17 December 2007 11:58:30(UTC)
Rob


Posts: 8,630

Apply for police dog handler vincent, your wife will have to let you have the dog then, part of the job then, and integral part of her getting her hands on your commutation come retirement. And you then get a big friendly killer dog, what more could you want.
Offline vincent  
#19 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:14:02(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

Quote:
Originally posted by megane225
Quote:
Originally posted by vincent
nay, lose the house, rent a crappy flat, no room for a dog.

i need to start off small, rubbish little terrier that'll die quickly, move up to a rottie in time.
Taking that attitude towards animals is awful you sound has though you cant look after your self never mind a defenceless dog. T****R. All it comes down to is so you can walk down the street with a big dog biggin you self up, prob because you got picked on when you was at school, its all down to the matcho image you want people to see.



erm, no, it's nowt to do with wanting to project a macho image, i used to have to drag my grandmother's pomeranian about on a lead. and don't you know a joke when you see it?
Offline vincent  
#20 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:17:05(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

Quote:
Originally posted by Berty
Apply for police dog handler vincent, your wife will have to let you have the dog then, part of the job then, and integral part of her getting her hands on your commutation come retirement. And you then get a big friendly killer dog, what more could you want.


nay, being a dog handler is a career-killer.

i'd rather get a small dog, get the wife used to it, knock it off then upgrade. rinse and repeat over a period of time until i have my rottie to spread fear amongst the neighbours and make me look rock hard.
Offline The Clang  
#21 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:19:12(UTC)
The Clang


Posts: 15,827

I used to live next door to a guy who worked either as a copper or a prison guard or something. He had two German Shepherds (the breed of dogs, not actually German shepherds you understand...)

Anyway, they lived in a massive kennel\shed thingy at the bottom of the garden. One was a working dog and the other a pet. Both beautiful dogs, both would sit on your feet until you made a fuss of them and then wouldn't budge! One day I asked him how such a friendly dog could do the 'police dog' thing and he just said it was trained to react to voice commands. So I guess you're OK unless you're walking in the park and somebody inadvertently says "Kill" or whatever, then they're going to have a very bad day. LOL
Offline ange  
#22 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:22:26(UTC)
ange


Posts: 63

rubbish little terriers that don't live long????!!!!

my parents have a yorkie that is 16 years old and still going strong, so i would have a rethink!

oh and it is the hardest dog in their street...sends the neighbours' boxers and retrievers running!
Offline ange  
#23 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:25:12(UTC)
ange


Posts: 63

on similar note...i have 10 golden retriever pups for sale, 6 dogs, 4 bitches, kc registered, ready 13th jan

anyone interested, pm me, thanx
Offline vincent  
#24 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:28:34(UTC)
DungBeetle


Posts: 2,025

Quote:
Originally posted by The Clang
Anyway, they lived in a massive kennel\shed thingy at the bottom of the garden. One was a working dog and the other a pet. Both beautiful dogs, both would sit on your feet until you made a fuss of them and then wouldn't budge! One day I asked him how such a friendly dog could do the 'police dog' thing and he just said it was trained to react to voice commands. So I guess you're OK unless you're walking in the park and somebody inadvertently says "Kill" or whatever, then they're going to have a very bad day. LOL


Big Smile a few weeks ago, i was strutting round the mean streets on a saturday night, met a couple of dog handlers with a massive mastiff thing and stopped for a chat. had a little play with the dog too, it was a lovely big beast. then these two stupid scantily-clad teenage trollops came wobbling up the street screeching in that way that drunken teenage trollops do. wobbled a bit to close to the dog and it properly went for the nearest one. a nasty low growl like a corsa with a cherry-bomb, one 6' mastiff on it's back legs, a bark i've never heard the likes of and cue two drunken trollops wobbling away like they'd just had a shot of v-power, their journey home considerably speeded.
Offline Berty  
#25 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:30:11(UTC)
Rob


Posts: 8,630

Quote:
Originally posted by The Clang
I used to live next door to a guy who worked either as a copper or a prison guard or something. He had two German Shepherds (the breed of dogs, not actually German shepherds you understand...)

Anyway, they lived in a massive kennel\shed thingy at the bottom of the garden. One was a working dog and the other a pet. Both beautiful dogs, both would sit on your feet until you made a fuss of them and then wouldn't budge! One day I asked him how such a friendly dog could do the 'police dog' thing and he just said it was trained to react to voice commands. So I guess you're OK unless you're walking in the park and somebody inadvertently says "Kill" or whatever, then they're going to have a very bad day. LOL


Or you get slightly adventurous dog. North Wales used to have an alsation that got excitable in crowd situations, great for scaring people, but they couldn't have him out with all the other dogs as he wound them up.
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.