Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Berty  
#26 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:32:53(UTC)
Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by vincent
Quote:
Originally posted by Berty
Apply for police dog handler vincent, your wife will have to let you have the dog then, part of the job then, and integral part of her getting her hands on your commutation come retirement. And you then get a big friendly killer dog, what more could you want.

nay, being a dog handler is a career-killer.

i'd rather get a small dog, get the wife used to it, knock it off then upgrade. rinse and repeat over a period of time until i have my rottie to spread fear amongst the neighbours and make me look rock hard.

Being the cruel evil being that you are you could always run the dog over when you feel its time for a premature change in job direction if you had police dog. Although by same token, like you say knock the pet dogs over when its time for an upgrade. Remember a dog is for christmas, not just for life.
Offline vincent  
#27 Posted : 17 December 2007 12:41:37(UTC)
DungBeetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Berty

Being the cruel evil being that you are you could always run the dog over when you feel its time for a premature change in job direction if you had police dog. Although by same token, like you say knock the pet dogs over when its time for an upgrade. Remember a dog is for christmas, not just for life.

absolutely. i view the terrier, subsequent spaniel, beagle, boxer and labrador merely a means to an end. i've just sold my old PS2 on ebay to make room for the PS3. unfortunately, ebay doesn't allow the selling of pets so the only option is to have them for 6-months to a year, just enough time for the wife to become used to them but not too attached. then kill the little ****ers and upgrade.
Offline PBCup  
#28 Posted : 18 December 2007 10:43:12(UTC)
Phil 172

Shame you arn't getting one.

I love rotties, in the right hands they are the best dogs ever.

The bad rep they have is just because of their size and power, at the end of the day they have the strongest bite of any legal dog. Problem is that people(chavs) know this so try and bring up a "hard" dog.

My rottie was brought up right and she was lovely and would not hurt a fly, well to be honest she used to chase flys but you get what I mean.

6 stone of love and personality I really miss her sometimes.
Offline samnottm  
#29 Posted : 18 December 2007 21:20:53(UTC)
samnottm

whatever dog you`ve got,you get home after a complete *hit of a day and barge past the missus and see your bundle of fun,tail wagging.complete dead cert to lift my spirits!unless that is the little **stard has decided to dig yet another hole in yet another leather sofa....dfs and me are on first name terms...
Offline vincent  
#30 Posted : 18 December 2007 21:31:48(UTC)
DungBeetle

bloody hell, just seen this topic bumped up, was interested to see what spakker had rocked up with their humour bypass.... no-one!

anyway, the rottie, really going to be a long time. i'm moving to edinburgh in july / august next year.... i think the best i can hope for is a two bed flat.... nowt more. not much room for a rottie.
Offline Berty  
#31 Posted : 18 December 2007 22:12:09(UTC)
Rob

Have to settle for a cat then, or maybe a bonsai tree.
Offline vincent  
#32 Posted : 19 December 2007 11:27:06(UTC)
DungBeetle

allergic to cats. Big Smile
suits me fine as the missus loves them.