Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FORBES  
#1 Posted : 19 December 2007 11:01:00(UTC)
FORBES

Ok, I used to have an old TomTom that I borrowed from Nez which had all the speed cameras loaded on it. I dont think I ever drove past somewhere that I knew had speed camera's or mobile spots that it didnt flag up. We have just got a TomTom One XL Europe and it has speed/safety camera's preloaded onto it, however, we got the new TomTom from CHichester and when I drove back to Windsor it didnt flag up a few places where there are either mobile spots or cameras that Nez's old TomTom flagged up, so now I am confused The speed camera locations loaded onto Nez's old TomTom were loaded on there years ago, so why is our new tomtom not picking up these spots? When they say 'preloaded' do they just mean that they have preloaded a small number of the cameras or are they just not as good as they used to be. What I dont want to do is subscribe and pay £35 to not get anymore camera's than are already on there Has anybody else experienced this? and is it just me, but when you go to install them onto a newer tomtom is it really difficult and confusing?
Offline FORBES  
#2 Posted : 19 December 2007 11:12:32(UTC)
FORBES

but to be fair to them the GPS receievers are better now as I dont need an external arial on the car lke it did with the old one!
Offline vincent  
#3 Posted : 19 December 2007 11:20:29(UTC)
DungBeetle

can't help with a tomtom, but i've a garmin nuvi 660 which has every ****ing hole-in-the-hedge covered. every fixed camera i've ever seen in europe and UK is in there, proved particularly useful in belgium. but it keeps bringing up spots where mobile cameras get sometimes mounted, the bleeping is very annoying.
Offline FORBES  
#4 Posted : 19 December 2007 12:03:36(UTC)
FORBES

I would rather mine came up with the mobile spots, and I would put up wth the beeping
Offline FORBES  
#5 Posted : 19 December 2007 12:04:30(UTC)
FORBES

my origin for sale does mobile spots Wink