Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Steve Murr  
#176 Posted : 24 August 2012 20:11:12(UTC)
Steve Murr

for reference this is my bedding in position- at stationary- if I drive at midnight position I am going into oncoming traffic. FFS

Am I being pedantic or is this work just so shoddy- another phonecall to RUK monday

UserPostedImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline roystinho  
#177 Posted : 24 August 2012 20:16:25(UTC)
roystinho

That is shocking!!! I remember some complaining as the stitching made it look like the steering wheel wasn't central, but that's ridiculous
Offline foxspeed  
#178 Posted : 24 August 2012 20:58:58(UTC)
foxspeed

Steve Murr wrote:

for reference this is my bedding in position- at stationary- if I drive at midnight position I am going into oncoming traffic. FFS

Am I being pedantic or is this work just so shoddy- another phonecall to RUK monday

UserPostedImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

used to be a pet hate of mine when i did inspections/services - always made sure the steering wheel was straight and that the hand brake

didnt have excessive travel...in fact i ended up being proper picky Blush

Offline mdking130  
#179 Posted : 24 August 2012 22:12:14(UTC)
mdking130

Thats awful Steve. 

Just don't take it to Renault Orpington. You will end up with no steering wheel and you will be told that really notchy feeling in the gearbox "Is normal and it gives it a racing feel" 

lol
Offline Rs200Lew  
#180 Posted : 25 August 2012 18:14:23(UTC)
Rs200Lew

I'd expect something to go wrong with it looking like that. Very dangerous!!!!
Offline Steve Murr  
#181 Posted : 25 August 2012 22:39:10(UTC)
Steve Murr

I am making a video for RUK tomorrow I will upload here as well if req-

I you drive the car at 20 MPH & release the steering wheel im off the road to the left within seconds-

If I hold the wheel in the central position I will in oncoming traffic in seconds-

S

Offline WB83  
#182 Posted : 29 August 2012 10:31:31(UTC)
WB83

Bang out of order and possibly even dangerous.

R.Sport in Wimbledon are the polar opposite of what Steve has described, last time my car was in for work I forgot to mention a blown number plate bulb - lo and behold it was fixed when i got the car back.

Good attention to detail is what I expect from a dealer.

Offline twing0joe  
#183 Posted : 16 September 2012 17:00:25(UTC)
twing0joe

I expect a dealer to know more about the cars than me. I also expect after a slave cylinder change that my steering wheel is on straight and not on the piss while driving. I also expect to not have to wait a full day for that issue to be addressed.

Toomey renault southend
Offline ZanderAce  
#184 Posted : 16 September 2012 21:09:15(UTC)
ZanderAce

All I want my dealer to do (Evans halshaw) is close and get to ****
Offline jonlarge  
#185 Posted : 20 February 2013 22:14:25(UTC)
jonlarge

Hi David,

This is more first post, so hello. It is a little bit negative so I apologise in advance. My main point refer to Renault sales staff knowing their product, and possible options.

I am not a Renaultsport owner, but I have been researching the marque for the past eight months now with a view to buying a Clio 200. I was initially told by the Cambridge Renault dealer, when asked what options the car may have come with, that the 200 has no options. I asked about seeing cars advertised as "fully spec'd" and what did that mean. I was informed that such individuals were "liars". The conversation continued with a lack of trust upon my part, and put me off pursuing this purchase.

This week I visited the Renault dealer in Ware. Sadly, I had a similar experience. The one salesperson that they had was on a test drive (with hindsight I should have booked in advance), leaving only the commercial sales chap. Again, it was pointed out that the car had no options. He handed me the brochure though and I turned to the correct page and showed him the options that he was not aware of. This dealer had two 200 cars, but no-one knew what was fitted to them.

I was pointed to someone in servicing who I was told knew plenty, but this person showed no interest in helping apart from asking the commercial sales man to grab a brochure. I pointed out that I did not need to know what options were available, but rather wanted to know which were fitted to the cars that they had for sale. I chose to leave, with only the brochure.

This particular dealer in Ware shares land with an MOT service station, and a second-hand car sales operation, that sells cars on behalf of the dealership. All this presents itself as such a crowded, uninviting operation.

Is someone trying to tell me something about this car purchase pursuit?!

I have a better experience from Rawlinsons in Bury St Edmunds and Renault Romford. Both sales people seemed to know of the options I was interested in and whether they were on the car (the Multifunction Tunepoint and the Renault Monitor).

Thanks for reading and I hope you find this useful.

Subject to a test drive, and finding the right vehicle, I am still looking at this car.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#186 Posted : 20 February 2013 22:18:02(UTC)
Jeremy

Thanks for your feedback
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#187 Posted : 21 February 2013 12:59:51(UTC)
MrVix

I have been looking for a 200ff with recaros for some time and not so long ago a renault dealer had one advertised stating recaros fitted, from the picture it looked like standard seats but wasn't clear. I phoned the dealer up and he swore blind it had recaros so off i toddled and guess what, no recaros!!! RUK need to sort out their dealer network as at the moment it is letting them down but i suspect all the posts on here will land on deaf ears as usual. A shame really because rs it a great product.
Offline foxspeed  
#188 Posted : 21 February 2013 13:24:16(UTC)
foxspeed

MrVix wrote:
I have been looking for a 200ff with recaros for some time and not so long ago a renault dealer had one advertised stating recaros fitted, from the picture it looked like standard seats but wasn't clear. I phoned the dealer up and he swore blind it had recaros so off i toddled and guess what, no recaros!!! RUK need to sort out their dealer network as at the moment it is letting them down but i suspect all the posts on here will land on deaf ears as usual. A shame really because rs it a great product.

be very foolish of ruk to ignore whats posted on here!

infact i would say that they are missing a trick here with the potential a manufacturer internet site could bring them

but who am i to say Blush

Offline jamesev  
#189 Posted : 21 February 2013 14:21:18(UTC)
jamesev

Paolo3 wrote:

After visiting my local dealership in Solihull, I was shocked tha a trained Techy couldn't look at my door seal and say "Yes sir, this is 99% a warranty job".

If he had siad this, I can now book a repair at Wednesbury. But, as he didn't I now have to take a day off, Monday to Friday, arrive before 4pm to assess the repair.....all being well, another trip must then be made to have it fixed- I can insist its a warranty job and book it in but there is no saying they'll even do it- they're likely to turn me away and make me rebook.....its preposterous how I/ME/THE CUSTOMER has to trawl around to get an answer and resolve.

I also have other issues that need looking at and resolving- that I'm putting up with as i don't have time to make two trips for every problem. And its not a short journey either.

To me, its OBVIOUSLY a warranty job, but they were "unable to comment".

Things to improve on:

* ECU diagnositcs at weekends also- NOT JUST Monday to Friday

* A warranty assessor at EVERY DEALERSHIP, including Saturdays also....

* Free coutesy car, INCLUDING insurance - Is it too much to ask?

* Someone who listens to your concerns with consideration, rather than dismisses us with an insincere smile.

Overall, enable more flexibility please Renault....be open more hours, or more flexible hours.......and work for the customer, not for yourselves.

To be honest, Reanult Solihull and Birmingham, I feel, are very little more than car show rooms and a retailer- I never get the impression they are really all that botheres/ interested in aftersales or going out of their way at all. I'm a calm person, I never rant- but I'm the sort you can easily get rid of aren't I, now that you have my money. Sad

I second this. Now being on my 4th set of door seals the first 3 sets being replaced under warranty without the back windows being taken out because I was told they could do it without taking them out (probably partial cause of the successive failures) the last set I was told it was standard protocol to take the back windows out to replace the seals. Now not sure if its my suspicious nature but co-incidence that all the times replaced under warranty the quick fix windows in protocol used but out of warranty, "standard" (what changed) takes more time protocol was employed.

Offline jamesev  
#190 Posted : 21 February 2013 14:25:33(UTC)
jamesev

jonlarge wrote:
Hi David,

This is more first post, so hello. It is a little bit negative so I apologise in advance. My main point refer to Renault sales staff knowing their product, and possible options.

I am not a Renaultsport owner, but I have been researching the marque for the past eight months now with a view to buying a Clio 200. I was initially told by the Cambridge Renault dealer, when asked what options the car may have come with, that the 200 has no options. I asked about seeing cars advertised as "fully spec'd" and what did that mean. I was informed that such individuals were "liars". The conversation continued with a lack of trust upon my part, and put me off pursuing this purchase.

This week I visited the Renault dealer in Ware. Sadly, I had a similar experience. The one salesperson that they had was on a test drive (with hindsight I should have booked in advance), leaving only the commercial sales chap. Again, it was pointed out that the car had no options. He handed me the brochure though and I turned to the correct page and showed him the options that he was not aware of. This dealer had two 200 cars, but no-one knew what was fitted to them.

I was pointed to someone in servicing who I was told knew plenty, but this person showed no interest in helping apart from asking the commercial sales man to grab a brochure. I pointed out that I did not need to know what options were available, but rather wanted to know which were fitted to the cars that they had for sale. I chose to leave, with only the brochure.

This particular dealer in Ware shares land with an MOT service station, and a second-hand car sales operation, that sells cars on behalf of the dealership. All this presents itself as such a crowded, uninviting operation.

Is someone trying to tell me something about this car purchase pursuit?!

I have a better experience from Rawlinsons in Bury St Edmunds and Renault Romford. Both sales people seemed to know of the options I was interested in and whether they were on the car (the Multifunction Tunepoint and the Renault Monitor).

Thanks for reading and I hope you find this useful.

Subject to a test drive, and finding the right vehicle, I am still looking at this car.

I suspect that now the 200 (not 200T) is no longer in production options can't be built to spec. Onlow what y whats available on existing cars. But then again they should know what beyond standard spec options existing cars have

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#191 Posted : 21 February 2013 17:15:27(UTC)
Jeremy

MrVix wrote:

Posts here don't fall on deaf ears
Offline roystinho  
#192 Posted : 21 February 2013 17:34:23(UTC)
roystinho

If you need someone to go round educating dealers I have 13 weeks off a year to do so. Give me a company car and cover the fuel costs and I'm there :)
Offline foxspeed  
#193 Posted : 21 February 2013 18:13:43(UTC)
foxspeed

roystinho wrote:
If you need someone to go round educating dealers I have 13 weeks off a year to do so. Give me a company car and cover the fuel costs and I'm there :)

you have a v6 and a job...best leave something for us "losers" Blush

Offline 182owner  
#194 Posted : 21 February 2013 19:16:44(UTC)
182owner

Jeremy RUK wrote:
MrVix wrote:

Posts here don't fall on deaf ears

I hope that is the case however over the many years of Renault ownership from my experience it appears that some dealers are going backwards not the other way.
Offline roystinho  
#195 Posted : 21 February 2013 19:29:33(UTC)
roystinho

foxspeed wrote:

roystinho wrote:

you have a v6 and a job...best leave something for us "losers"

You're a winner in my eyes Si Smile

I could just do with a 5dr flappy paddle turbo to save putting the daily miles on the Vee Wink
Offline GrumpyTwig  
#196 Posted : 16 May 2013 23:09:26(UTC)
GrumpyTwig

I visited a certain dealers in Wakefield recently and at a minimum I'd expect the sales staff to be able to dress themselves tuck shirts into trousers at a bare minimum. The only one dressed properly was the youngest and presume newest salesboy ;)

In contrast to the VW dealer I visited where the men wore shirt , tie and jacket and looked like they cared before you spoke to them.

The former let me walk out the door having entirely took the mickey on the price of a 265 order only to then hassle me by phone until I ignored them, put me off mostly and likely will only be looking at 2nd hand ones now which fails to put any money back into the big RS kitty. I was initially offered a rather laughable amount for my current car and no discount at all off list price of any kind, why start out like this with an obviously semi-intelligent person? I just take offense to people trying to pull that I'm afraid, no attempt was made to encourage a purchase at all.

Edited by user 16 May 2013 23:17:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline IPuk  
#197 Posted : 02 April 2014 10:16:20(UTC)
IPuk

Dealers need to be aware of the problems which models can face!
Offline S@m  
#198 Posted : 20 July 2014 22:34:42(UTC)
S@m

When they break a plastic push in plug that holds the trim around the engine bay, replace the dam thing not just stick the broken one back in so the trim flaps about.

Tell me when they shear and break off 2 of the 3 screws that hold the front edge of the under tray in place and not just leave it hanging loose. Pretty sure the designer didn't think erm this only needs one screw but I'll put 3 in because the dealer trying to remove them is sure too bu**er up two of them.

Put the release catch back through the bumper when they've took it off and on.
UserPostedImage]What goes here I wonder[/url]

Replace the rubber mount under the engine cover when they've lost it.

Check that the bumper is secured properly and not just pushed in with fingers crossed.
UserPostedImage]Fingers crossed[/url]

Not think that a 1cm miss alignment between the wing and bumper is ok.
UserPostedImage]Misalibn[/url]

Don't tick the green box for the Aircon on the 200 point check sheet when it isn't actually working.

And finally Don't email me to ask "How Did We Do"

Can you tell it's been in for a service.

Edited by user 20 July 2014 22:44:46(UTC)  | Reason: Pictures added

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#199 Posted : 20 July 2014 23:03:03(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Bloody hell Mark that is rediculous Dead
Offline Gazeratti  
#200 Posted : 20 July 2014 23:10:30(UTC)
Gazeratti

Jesus how can that be acceptable