Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline flippa197  
#26 Posted : 16 December 2010 22:11:14(UTC)
flippa197

There were 309 Williams 3's I believe, actually technically making it the rarest of the Williams models.  As for how many are left, not sure, for whatever reason they do appear to suffer from rust more than the 1's or 2's which is seeing more of them die or get broken now.
Offline Jamie.  
#27 Posted : 03 January 2011 19:46:51(UTC)
Jamie.

Lol, only "humiliating" when it actually works ehh Wobba?!

Edited by user 03 January 2011 19:47:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline scoobyr  
#28 Posted : 07 January 2011 16:00:14(UTC)
scoobyr

I absolutely loved my Williams 2 Big Smile bought it brand new from Radbourne Racing back in the day...

Number plate was A20 WLM, with a black screw between the the 2 and the 0 to make 2.0 (2 litre - seemed like a good idea at the timeLOL). Radbourne Racing sourced me a 'Devil' exhaust complete with gold tailpipe, I even had the Renault diamond on the front and the badges on the back gold plated LOL At the time there were a lot of Lexus owners with gold badges, asked a dealer and I found the guy that did it, some sort of electrolysis. sounds tacky but the gold badges looked pretty cool against the blue bodywork. 

I wonder where it is now.....
Offline Wobba  
#29 Posted : 08 January 2011 20:21:35(UTC)
Wobba

Jamie. wrote:
Lol, only "humiliating" when it actually works ehh Wobba?!

I've driven it everyday to work for ages and its not broken down yet :)
Offline TheJesus  
#30 Posted : 11 January 2011 14:21:51(UTC)
Jon

flippa197 wrote:
There were 309 Williams 3's I believe, actually technically making it the rarest of the Williams models.  As for how many are left, not sure, for whatever reason they do appear to suffer from rust more than the 1's or 2's which is seeing more of them die or get broken now.

Rarest, but they dont count.  Wrong colour, may as well be a hybrid :P
Offline 2 live  
#31 Posted : 26 May 2011 20:29:07(UTC)
2 live

good to know the numbers of these still around.

i have 2 that come under the 111 bit ;) so thats 109 unaccounted for, but i can guess a few lol.

Offline TheJesus  
#32 Posted : 21 June 2011 14:21:00(UTC)
Jon

2 live wrote:

i have 2 that come under the 111 bit ;)   so thats 109 unaccounted for, but i can guess a few lol.

Both in a sorry state last time I saw them and more than likely going the same way as the other neglected rust buckets.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#33 Posted : 03 October 2011 20:51:30(UTC)
Jeremy

Offline CJT_RUK  
#34 Posted : 03 October 2011 20:53:33(UTC)
Carl_T

Get it bought - then you can have the 1st and the last :)

Offline Beacons197  
#35 Posted : 06 October 2011 15:55:38(UTC)
Beacons197

might have to have a word with she who holds the purse strings when I get home.
would look nice next to the T..........

Edited by user 06 October 2011 16:04:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheJesus  
#36 Posted : 28 October 2011 13:56:37(UTC)
Jon

Sold for 4k... not bad at all considering it's the wrong colour, has a sunroof and no plaque :P
Offline julz  
#37 Posted : 30 October 2011 22:32:20(UTC)
julz

Jon wrote:
Sold for 4k... not bad at all considering it's the wrong colour, has a sunroof and no plaque :P

Williams 3 then.
Offline TheJesus  
#38 Posted : 02 November 2011 14:08:47(UTC)
Jon

julz wrote:
Jon wrote:

Williams 3 then.

Yup, or a valver with a 2 litre engine to some (me :P)
Offline julz  
#39 Posted : 02 November 2011 15:28:38(UTC)
julz

Jon wrote:
julz wrote:
Jon wrote:

Williams 3 then.

Yup, or a valver with a 2 litre engine to some (me :P)

I actually didn't twig to begin with, he was very honest in listing everything that made it a 3 without mentioning at all that that is what it is and not the "Williams" he was hoping that everyone would jump to the conclusion it was. Did I put that diplomatically enough? ;)
Offline 2 live  
#40 Posted : 19 January 2012 00:58:04(UTC)
2 live

Jon wrote:
2 live wrote:

i have 2 that come under the 111 bit ;) so thats 109 unaccounted for, but i can guess a few lol.

Both in a sorry state last time I saw them and more than likely going the same way as the other neglected rust buckets.

well its a long time since you saw them. theyl still be around and probably a hell of a lot more original than some of the repaired rust buckets out there.

Offline Gazeratti  
#41 Posted : 19 January 2012 07:59:21(UTC)
Gazeratti

Wobba wrote:
I know of one Williams 2 that was put on the scrapage scheme.

Give my there address ill personally go round and shoot them
Offline TheJesus  
#42 Posted : 20 January 2012 11:52:12(UTC)
Jon

2 live wrote:
Jon wrote:
2 live wrote:

i have 2 that come under the 111 bit ;)   so thats 109 unaccounted for, but i can guess a few lol.

well its a long time since you saw them. theyl still be around and probably a hell of a lot more original than some of the repaired rust buckets out there.

Originality counts for absolutely nothing if they are in a sorry state.  Condition is what dictates their worth, but obviously a original minter will command the best price.  Either way I'm not too worried, insurance valued 398 at over £10k Approve
Offline 2 live  
#43 Posted : 23 January 2012 22:21:51(UTC)
2 live

good on you for convincing them it was worth that much lol...seriously....lol
Offline TheJesus  
#44 Posted : 24 January 2012 10:30:48(UTC)
Jon

Didnt take any convincing, that was their valuation lol.

Just goes to show its worth restoring them to a near perfect standard.
Offline 2 live  
#45 Posted : 24 January 2012 14:25:49(UTC)
2 live

fools lol. that is all....lol.

Offline TheJesus  
#46 Posted : 24 January 2012 14:55:01(UTC)
Jon

Maybe they are, but to restore one using genuine Renault parts and through a top bodyshop you are looking at over £5k straight away. Thats the advantage of having an agreed value, over £30'000 worth of Clio insured if we had to do it all again.
Offline 2 live  
#47 Posted : 25 January 2012 18:32:25(UTC)
2 live

lmao. you cant restore one using reno parts as many of them are discontinued.

a top bodyshop for a restoration.....the 5k would just about cover the stripping of the shell and acid dipping/cleaning. then the repair work could be carried out properly. if you going to do it, do it right.

and 30k..........lmao.....

Offline TheJesus  
#48 Posted : 26 January 2012 08:57:47(UTC)
Jon

You have two rusting sheds which I'm 99.9% sure wont have had anything done to them since I last saw them.  They were in a sorry state then and will be even worse now if you have had to sell out and get a car you constantly slate :P  Bare in mind we have gone to the effort and spent the money having one fully restored which was in a far better condition than either of yours to start with too, so we know how much it all costs ;)

Stripping the shell and acid dipping it is £2k (not £5k), this wasn't necessary for us, I wouldn't even think about doing this on 159 either, there would be nothing left lol.

Whether you agree with the agreed valuation or not it doesn't really matter, you're not an insurance assessor, you find water leaks for a living. It would cost me £15k alone to replace the engine on the 172, so makes sense to get it agreed, I'd be an idiot not to.

Anyway, I digress, back on topic and we may as well scrub 51 and 159 off the list.  Should have sold 159 when it was worth something.
Offline 2 live  
#49 Posted : 26 January 2012 21:25:48(UTC)
2 live

lol. you really do crack me up sometimes. your still as presumptuous as ever

sell out and buy the car you know iv always said if i was going to buy one it would be the trophy??? lol. the fact it was silly cheap was a good enough reason to buy.

and lol @ far better state to begin with. it had already had arches done etc, mine are STILL the original items and STILL rust free. well 3 out of the 4 anyway. lol. ;)

and like i said. a decent job, acid dipping and cleaning is about £1500. completely stripping the car down to bare shell will cost you more than 500 in labour. end of. 159, or 51, would stand up more than well enough to this treatment. there are much much worse condition cars have had the treatment, but then you have to get to the root of the dreaded tinworm to eradicate it. obviously this is really THE only way to do this, then galv the shell when its all repaired. or you could go about it half arsed and then garage it so it doesnt come back. but lets be honest. wheres the fun in that??? these are 'drivers' cars, meant to be driven. altho having said that, mine is tucked away in the garage also, until the nicer weather is here. but it will get driven regularly.

and what has my occupation got to do with anything??? lol...straws and clutching spring to mind . :rolls:

Edited by user 26 January 2012 21:29:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheJesus  
#50 Posted : 26 January 2012 21:45:19(UTC)
Jon

Again, you fail to realise that originality means nothing if they are in a sorry state lol... And 3 out of 4 arches my arse, the so called good one was rotting nicely and wont have gotten any better.

These cars should be garaged regardless imo as galvanising doesnt mean they wont rust sadly. Ours hasnt been used for over a year, but then that doesnt bother me anymore. The 172 is now much more fun to drive and the Willy will stay mint forever that way :)

The reference to your job is to highlight the fact you are not an insurance assessor, stick to what you know ;)