Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline markymark  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2010 01:13:40(UTC)
markymark

I'm thinking about going to the Ring this summer but finding different answers regarding GB stickers, warning triangles, flouresant vests & spare bulbs etc. I'll be getting the ferry to Amsterdam then onto Germany, what do I need to stay legal without adding too much weight ?

As far as the AA say I only need a small GB badge on the numberplate & a headlamp beam converter kit ???? Blush

Offline duffer987  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2010 03:17:10(UTC)
duffer987

As far as the AA goes:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/countrybycountry.html

You can cobble a kit together yourself from the market or eBay is full of options:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=european+travel+kit&_sacat=See-All-Categories

If you're going to Europe for the ring or a trackday, surely you'll have your spare oil, torque wrench and the rest of your gear anyways, so a small little travel kit is no prob. Always have one in the car even in the UK. As far as adding weight? We're not talking a couple of space saver tyres here :-)

Edited by user 24 February 2010 03:17:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CJT_RUK  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2010 08:17:50(UTC)
Carl_T

Warning Triangle

Spare Bulb kit

Headlamp beam convertors

Fluorsecent vest for all adult occupants (must be accessible from the cabin - ie. not kept in the boot)

GB sticker / GB no. plates

All car documents - V5, MOT, insurance etc

Driving Licence

Offline Rico  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2010 08:26:03(UTC)
Rico

Noob question - headlamp beam convertors??
Offline The Clang  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2010 08:30:25(UTC)
The Clang

For driving on the wrong side of the road. Wink The way your lights are setup for driving on the correct side of the road would blind oncoming cars in the rest of Europeland. They are usually in the form of stickers that go on your headlamps.

Edited by user 24 February 2010 08:30:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CJT_RUK  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2010 08:30:42(UTC)
Carl_T

Rico wrote:

To stop your headlights dazzling oncoming cars - available from Halfords or your friendly local dealer!

Offline Rico  
#7 Posted : 24 February 2010 08:51:07(UTC)
Rico

CJT_RUK wrote:

Rico wrote:

To stop your headlights dazzling oncoming cars - available from Halfords or your friendly local dealer!

Ah yes of course. Cheers.
Offline deenlee  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2019 15:31:25(UTC)
deenlee

Europe is perfect to travel by car (I usually rent a car , the prices are rather loyal). The quality of roads are always excellent, the countries are small and concentration of places of interest is huge, so if you got Schengen visa you can use an opportunity many many amazing cities (even old villages in the most of European countries are fantastic, especially in Netherlands and Germany).
Offline Emperor Ceaser Augustus  
#9 Posted : 30 September 2019 20:25:20(UTC)
Emperor Ceaser Augustus

It sounds interesting. I've never been to the Ring but it's one of my future destinations. I want to start a Eurotrip in Amsterdam. On the link, you can watch a live cam from there by the way. And I would like to move through Germany, Czechia, Poland, and then through Eastern Europe move to Russia. It's gonna be long but I hope interesting trip.