Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline yp53acj  
#1 Posted : 22 May 2010 10:55:51(UTC)
TwingoGeekeo

As the title says

I started of at 13 as a paper boy till i was 16 Blush

Then worked in the shop while i was still a paper boy from 15 till 16

At 16 i went and work for a toyota dealer in parts for a year

And finally at 17 i left toyota and started at SMC Renault in parts.

Now been here 5 Years and still loving it. Big Smile

Offline kevo66  
#2 Posted : 22 May 2010 10:58:53(UTC)
kevo66

You know what I do Wink
Offline yp53acj  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2010 11:00:25(UTC)
TwingoGeekeo

kevo66 wrote:
You know what I do Wink

From how many emails i get from you during a day Kev i would say not alot Wink Also with the time you start part timer you have it so easy Tongue

Offline kevo66  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2010 11:02:00(UTC)
kevo66

LOL, how rude.... Managment perks mate!
Offline yp53acj  
#5 Posted : 22 May 2010 11:04:16(UTC)
TwingoGeekeo

kevo66 wrote:
LOL, how rude.... Managment perks mate!

Managerment pay, Part timer hours, Jobless amount of work = You have it easy lol.

Want to swap jobs ?

Offline chappo  
#6 Posted : 22 May 2010 11:05:15(UTC)
chappo

production manager at a large butchers outlet,

been there for 16 years now,

Offline Lora-x  
#7 Posted : 22 May 2010 11:44:47(UTC)
Lora

When I finished my GCSE's I worked for an events company, it was mostly waitressing and stuff

While I was doing my A Levels and at Uni I worked at Warwick Castle in the ticket offices, then as an 'external' (basically getting paid to wander round and talk to people) and then one winter I got paid to ice skate LOL an pick people up who fell over, I was there for 3 years, during weekends/holidays. I was well impressed though saved up enough money to buy a brand spanking new clio, wanted the 182 but had to wait till I was 21 for the insurance.

Went to uni and did a BSc Psychology.

Finished uni and ended up Lifeguarding as a bit of quick cash while I looked for a better job, did that at an outdoor pool in Plymouth, and then did my beach lifeguard course and worked in Newquay for the summer.

Then it was a choice of buying the 182 or staying in Newquay! So I came home and bought the 182....I still think that was a daft idea really, should have stayed as I miss it so much!

I currently do a bit of everything, started at a leisure centre as a lifeguard a year and a half ago, progressed to a swimming teacher as well, then relief supervisor. I am now a supervisor and swimming lesson coordinator for the centre.

I hate the job and the hours and it's not what I want to be doing, but I have no clue what I want to do which is the hard thing! Id love it to be something with cars but I don't know what, I do know that I don't want to go into anything related to my degree as by the 3rd year I hated it!

I do have a back up plan though! I am being put on more training at work in July so will stick around and do that! If I haven't found a better job by the end of the year then I am going to do my Ski Instructors qualification in Canada! It's not the best paid job in the world, but I love to ski, and for a few seasons it would be totally awesome, you could hardly call it a job, more of an adventure Big Smile

Offline Sdr89  
#8 Posted : 22 May 2010 12:14:48(UTC)
Sdr89

i work for Romahome making R40's been there for 2 years.
Offline Penn  
#9 Posted : 22 May 2010 12:22:51(UTC)
Penn

Paperboy from 13-15
Saturday Job when I was 16 whilst doing a-levels, until i was 18.
Professional gamer for a while as well as working on my uncles farm in the summer until I was 20.
Full time job in a shop then after a couple of years became deputy manager, did that until I was 23.
Then got a job in IT support which I'm still doing now after 18 months, 25 in august (I hate getting old!).

Hoping to further my IT carrier and if that doesn't work, who knows?!?
Offline Will86  
#10 Posted : 22 May 2010 12:37:11(UTC)
Will86

16 - Joined the RAF but never actually went
17 - 18 part time for family Fish business
then since 18 been working full time with the Fishies for the past 5 years.
Offline parlourboy  
#11 Posted : 22 May 2010 12:51:34(UTC)
parlourboy

I left School at 17 and went to work in a Shipping and Forwarding Company in Dover .Mainly doing Customs Clearance paperwork for Artics (Freight lorries) carrying all sorts from Europe and beyond. I left in 1988 and joined HM Customs in Dover doing the exact opposite ,checking all the papers submitted by the Agents for correct duty./excise/vat etc ...I'm still with them but we have joined Immigration in last two years Disapprove (Now UKBA).I now work ,,and have done since 1995 over in Coquelles at exit point of the Eurotunnel site in Freight checking /searching lorries for drugs/weapons/Immigrants/large amounts of Cigaraettes /Tobacco etc ... I worked in searching Tourist cars from from 1995-2000 for same sort of thing but found it too stressful and put in for a move over to Freight .

I suppose I'm a Commuter ,takes me 20 minutes to get to Folkestone,35 minutes on shuttle to Coquelles (if not delaysApprove) and then I start work .About 1 & a half hours Commute I suppose.

Sometimes ,if big delays ,I'm knackered before I get to work ! It's all shift work so we do get some good time off Wink

Edited by user 22 May 2010 13:55:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline nottie  
#12 Posted : 22 May 2010 20:14:16(UTC)
nottie

well from 16 to 17 i worked on burger trailers and went to loads of festivals for free and got paid loadsa dosh for it but did smell of chips eww.
then worked in a restaurant in the kitchen for 3 years while i went to college and did a BSc in IT, then for 2 years I worked for 2 web design companies in which I was taught design and development, then after not getting on with the employment I decided to move to Yorkshire because there werre no other opportunities available!  So it brings to me current day where I am a web design and development freelancer and work for a large glazing company helping them with their website and copy writing their blog!!
 Want to do something completely different and off the wall next!
Offline RED21  
#13 Posted : 22 May 2010 23:38:04(UTC)
RED21

Besides the manitory paper round & a summer job at Lymington harbour, I had the same job for 25 years now(same brand also) and I still enjoy it, even though it has bad days.

Offline brass monkey  
#14 Posted : 23 May 2010 14:58:28(UTC)
brass monkey

Worked at a local hardward store as a kid, then got a job in wilkinsons through uni. Started as a QS on leaving uni and then moved into preconstruction management, currently a project manager for a large construction company.

Offline Willis  
#15 Posted : 23 May 2010 18:00:19(UTC)
Willis

15 = Paper boy for about a month!!!

16 = Sixth Form for two months, hated it...

16-19 = Apprentice Coachbuilder, later Senior Coachbuilder... Claim to fame was bulding BAR F1's original five trucks!!!

19 - 20 = College (Sports Rehabillitation), part-time at an Off Licence (FUN!!!) and part-time call centre work...

20 - 21 = Glorified Binman, collecting ''Green'' waste from parks, golf courses etc. Nice job, lots of fresh air and early finishes...

21 - 24 = Optical Lab. Technician, making glasses and sunglasses for Tesco Opticians. Something a bit different and back to my engineering roots...

Now 24 = Glorified Binman, collecting card and paper from offices around central Manchester. Also helping on the maintenance side due to my coachbuilding work. Me and my dad share a truck, work are paying to put me through my HGV licences. Excellent place to work, really look after us and the pay & benifits are excellent. Best job I've had infact, won't be leaving this one!!!
Offline Ollie133CUP  
#16 Posted : 23 May 2010 18:11:32(UTC)
Ollie133CUP

16-17 > College doing my NC in electrical Engineering and worked at Next as a Stockroom Assistant
17- Now (19) > 2nd almost 3rd Year Electrical Technician Apprentice ( Glorified word for Sparky but more money.) for an Oil Company
Offline Mentalpen  
#17 Posted : 23 May 2010 18:18:06(UTC)
Mentalpen

i work 6 months of the year looking out of a window, counting down the days till i'm 55 and retirement. Blush

6994 to go......... Wink

then i will get a part time job in a library so i can go shhhhhh at people all day Cool

Edited by user 23 May 2010 18:18:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ollie133CUP  
#18 Posted : 23 May 2010 18:24:06(UTC)
Ollie133CUP

^^ Only 19 years more =P
Offline Al  
#19 Posted : 23 May 2010 19:48:37(UTC)
Al

lol Blush
Offline big_yin  
#20 Posted : 23 May 2010 20:18:35(UTC)
big_yin

After my GCSEs I left school and went to my local college to study Catering, i completed the course while working part time in a local high end hotel as a commis chef (dogs body) After college I went to the Celtic Manor Resort (home of this years Rhyder Cup) I was a commis chef there for about 8 months, then an opportunity for me to go and work for Raymond Blanc at Le Mannoir, so I worked there for almost a year but caught Glandular Fever and had to leave and come back to Wales. I got better and then went back to Spar hotel in Cardiff under Marco Pierre White I stayed there for a year aand then moved back home to work in some more local places all with good reputations and awards. I took 6months off work to go traveling and then went back to work as a chef, by now I was Sous Chef (number 3 in the kitchen) then I moved to Thornbury Castle in Bristol where i stayed for 2years. I moved to Somerset (which was a mistake, I hated it there) i stuck it out for a year and moved back home. I did a few temp jobs until i started the job im at now, I started here over 2 years ago was promoted in 8months to Senior Sous (number 2 in the kitchen) and Im really enjoying it. Its busy as its quite a big hotel, the restaurant is in the top 45% of the country and we have a good reputation locally.

Sorry if I went on. Lol.

Offline Slippers  
#21 Posted : 23 May 2010 20:25:31(UTC)
Slippers

I worked in Sainsburys while at college, then full time there for 6 months.

Then worked for a CD manufacturing company on the part of the business that sold blank media for 3 years.

Then worked for Polypipe Ventilation for 2.5 years selling plastic pipes and bathroom fans.

Just started in January at Greene King brewery on the repairs helpdesk, taking calls from pubs who need things fixing etc - best job so far. Plenty of free drinks in the pub round the corner!
Offline Mr.B  
#22 Posted : 24 May 2010 09:12:11(UTC)
Mr.B

i work at Leeds uni

it lies between Leeds met, Leeds art collage and Leeds six form college

this time of year the views are absolutely stunningEvilCool

Offline keef  
#23 Posted : 24 May 2010 10:47:45(UTC)
keef

Err...
Offline LEEMJONES  
#24 Posted : 24 May 2010 11:22:14(UTC)
LEEMJONES

gigolo ( redundant )

Edited by user 24 May 2010 11:26:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline pugs9000  
#25 Posted : 24 May 2010 11:47:25(UTC)
pugs9000

Could bore you with all of them but for tax reasons can't Wink, i now, well for the past 3yrs have worked for a small, little known firm called Tesco's? Started as a night GA, then team leader after i finished uni now am a night section manager and tracking for senior OOH night manager.