Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Berty  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2010 12:25:49(UTC)
Rob

Mine's unfortunately due the big 5 year service and I'm looking around for the best possible price in the North Wales / North West area, which at the moment is looking like Northwest Performance. I know a couple on here have had cars done there and found them pretty good, but are there any bad stories regarding them, the last thing I want to do is in trying to save £100 get a sub standard job done.
Offline mike225  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2010 14:55:51(UTC)
mike225

mines been fine since i had it done there in april

nice and cheap

fast 2

Offline mcphee197  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2010 15:28:44(UTC)
McPhee200

10 / 10 from me.

Very nice setup there and they know their onions.

Offline Daz_2427  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2010 21:58:36(UTC)
Daz_200

I've used them myself and they certainly know their Clio's, but on the flip side I also know of at least two, maybe three people, that have had issues.
Offline Berty  
#5 Posted : 16 August 2010 22:01:09(UTC)
Rob

What sort of issues have they had and how good are they at sorting them?
Offline Daz_2427  
#6 Posted : 16 August 2010 22:05:16(UTC)
Daz_200

Well I can't remember off hand but will get details if needed, but I've heard of timing been out after cam belt changes and I've also heard about tensioners/pulleys not being re-fitted correctly after the change.

I drove to Birchdown for my 72k service, who are probably closer to you anyway.

Offline Berty  
#7 Posted : 16 August 2010 22:09:43(UTC)
Rob

Ta. I think they're closer on distance, but take longer to get to as the roads aren't as good. I had heard of people mentioning problems about NW Performance but not heard specifics, Birchdown was £130 so trying to decide whether it's worth paying extra for peace of mind. I had the last service done at Birchdown and they seemed alright, but the proof is in the work and not the talk they give.

Offline Daz_2427  
#8 Posted : 16 August 2010 22:16:01(UTC)
Daz_200

I know Ryan and Matt well at NW Performance so I'm not trying to put you off, just giving both sides of the coin.

NW are closer to me by about an hour, but I still chose to drive down to Birchdown with my 182.

Offline Berty  
#9 Posted : 16 August 2010 22:18:07(UTC)
Rob

I appreciate bit of honesty, thanks. In some ways I wished I'd have changed in June when I had the chance, it would have saved having to get all this work done, but I loved it too much to let go.
Offline Curtis!  
#10 Posted : 20 August 2010 01:01:19(UTC)
Curtis!

Daz_200 wrote:
NW are closer to me by about an hour, but I still chose to drive down to Birchdown with my 182.

Birchdown like said here, is where you want to go!

From forgetting to tell a customer that he had rounded off bolts put back into a PH1 engine, meaning it couldn't be timed up properly after a cambelt change. To scratching all the way around another lads alloy wheels after trying for several hours to put a low profile tire on a 17" alloy. Other stories I've heard that haven't been shared widely online just make me cringe!

Along with the fact I got quoted over £100 to do a rear drum bearing on a non sport Clio, where as Birchdown did it for £50! It's definatly worth checking about.

If you end up going to Birchdown, please take extensive notice off the wide range of certificates of qualifications on their office/reception wall!

http://birchdown.com/
Offline Gav1903  
#11 Posted : 20 August 2010 09:50:05(UTC)
Gav1903

My 'Tuppence worth': I had my Cambelt / Aux Belt / 36k Service done at Northwest Performance done back in July, and was pretty impressed with them, the standard of work they carried out, and the price of the work to be perfectly honest.
There was a LOT of Positive Feedback for them on the 'Trader' Section of the Cliosport.net Site, and a couple of the guys there are on the Forum as well.
I wouldn't trust my Car with someone I don't trust.. (ie: Renault Dealerships in my neck of the woods)..
Offline JohnMc  
#12 Posted : 20 August 2010 17:14:55(UTC)
JohnMc

I've had mine in to NWP only for a 1st service mind, but I'm quite a c*nt when it comes to my car & quality of work and I can only rate them with a 10/ 10 Nice guys who did indeed according to Mr Mcphee "know their onions" LOL. I think ALL garages will have nightmares to tell but unfortunately/fortunately which ever way you choose to look at it, the internet is a good place to have a moan & sound off rather than praise.