Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rstaylor  
#1 Posted : 13 October 2013 16:32:02(UTC)
rstaylor

Hi, new to the forum, had my Renaultsport Twingo just over a week now, it's a 58 reg in black, how do i tell if it's a cup version?
It's not got the bench in the back, just the two seats, but it's got the 17" alloys.
Offline smithandroper  
#2 Posted : 13 October 2013 16:48:08(UTC)
smithandroper

Welcome to the forum

Sounds like someone has removed the rear seats!
As a rule they would normally come with rear seats as standard and dose it not tell you on a sticker inside the driver's door if it's cup or not?
Offline rstaylor  
#3 Posted : 13 October 2013 16:55:57(UTC)
rstaylor

Sorry, i mean it's got two seats in the back instead of the bench, i'll give that sticker a check inside the drivers door, thanks
Offline Penn  
#4 Posted : 13 October 2013 17:39:17(UTC)
Penn

58 plates had the cup chassis as an option, there was not a cup variant in existence back then. Rear benches did not exist until the cup variant was introduced.

If you have 17s then I suspect you have the cup chassis option added but only a reg/vin check with Renault can confirm.
Offline hardy1989  
#5 Posted : 13 October 2013 19:13:51(UTC)
hardy1989

Stick your head under the back bumper and check for a purple stripe on the shocks. Purple stripe = cup pack

Likely it is has the cup chassis option as you have the 17" alloys. A give away is the harsh ride even when driving on new fresh tarmac haha
Offline Luke RUK  
#6 Posted : 14 October 2013 11:33:43(UTC)
Luke RUK

I've just checked the reg of your vehicle on our systems - It does have cup suspension, yes.
Offline rstaylor  
#7 Posted : 14 October 2013 18:27:25(UTC)
rstaylor

Thanks guys, i thought the ride was quite harsh! haha, it handles like a kart, its great