Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline deanfowlercallum  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2013 23:37:55(UTC)
deanfowlercallum

Quote:
Why has the World Series given up on the uk? Angry

Edited by user 29 October 2013 23:45:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Penn  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2013 07:39:04(UTC)
Penn

Very disappointing Cry
Offline WB83  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2013 09:43:30(UTC)
WB83

Again?? FFS. I am very dissapoint. Why? Can't be financial as they're just doing the same event in another country, also can't be due to lack of popularity - you could hardly move for the crowds at the ones I went to.

UK is the global home of motorsport, more racing cars and kit are made here than anywhere else and we have more race series than anyone else too.

Can't think the decision came from RUK, so who's the killjoy then?
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#4 Posted : 30 October 2013 11:53:27(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Boo that's rubbish! Bring it back Renault
Offline Gazeratti  
#5 Posted : 30 October 2013 16:44:48(UTC)
Gazeratti

were not an important and up and coming market thats why
Offline madmax  
#6 Posted : 10 November 2013 23:36:59(UTC)
madmax

Not good
Offline Fernandofan01  
#7 Posted : 01 December 2013 15:04:29(UTC)
Fernandofan01

Renault doesn't care about the UK. The company has sunk in the UK for a few years now. Dealerships closing, scrapping the Laguna/Wind/Kangoo/Espace and focusing on Electric when there is no foundations for it here.

Then you have to look at the motorsport following, Renault doesn't appear prominant in anything. We know Redbull Renault in F1 but its plastered with Infinity logos. Im sure I read an article where Renau were very unhappy and contemplating buying Lotus back from Genii. Eitherway, I think they couldnt afford to do WSR for free over here because it doesn't get much back in terms of promotional sales at the even. Most of the other countries they visit, Renault can get something out of.

I miss WSR. I went in 2008 and 2009. Utterly loved it. Got a free picnic Renault bag and various things. Spent a good £50+ on merchandise.

UserPostedImage
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#8 Posted : 01 December 2013 18:51:22(UTC)
Jeremy

Renault's Motorsport involvement in the UK includes the new Clio 200 Turbo racing in the BTCC schedule next year, the Clio 3 racing in the BARC package, the 200 turbo making its debut in the British rally championship, Formula Renault 2.0 BARC and supplying our engines to Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham.
Offline Gazeratti  
#9 Posted : 01 December 2013 19:09:09(UTC)
Gazeratti

and Lotus Wink
Offline Gazeratti  
#10 Posted : 01 December 2013 19:10:39(UTC)
Gazeratti

We need a fully backed Renault BTCC team as that's the most follow form of motorsport in the UK Smile
Offline Fernandofan01  
#11 Posted : 01 December 2013 19:44:12(UTC)
Fernandofan01

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Renault's Motorsport involvement in the UK includes the new Clio 200 Turbo racing in the BTCC schedule next year, the Clio 3 racing in the BARC package, the 200 turbo making its debut in the British rally championship, Formula Renault 2.0 BARC and supplying our engines to Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham.

Oh I know about that, and dont forget that Privateers are using the megane Sports NGTC next year in BTCC. Problem is, people dont care about Toro Rosso or Caterham being powered to midfield or last. Theres little to no coverage of the BRC or Formula Renau. In Formula 1, Newey is credited more than Renault. I cant wait for Formula E, Ill be going to London to watch it.

They just dont see the UK market like they used to and the public doesnt see Renault like they used to. I cant blame them and to be honest, I wish they would come back and charge for the event. You will still get families coming at a cheap rate, but enough to keep the riff-raff freeloaders out who just want freebies and gifts and everything with no interest in the company.

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#12 Posted : 01 December 2013 19:47:35(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: Gazeratti Go to Quoted Post
and Lotus Wink

Hasn't been signed yet
Offline Gazeratti  
#13 Posted : 01 December 2013 20:08:43(UTC)
Gazeratti

and Lotus Wink

Hasn't been signed yet

well its either Ferrari or Renault as Merc has there 4 and cant sign another team
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#14 Posted : 01 December 2013 20:10:26(UTC)
Jeremy

and Lotus Wink

Hasn't been signed yet

well its either Ferrari or Renault as Merc has there 4 and cant sign another team

I'm not saying it won't be but it needs to fe signed first
Offline Marc_250  
#15 Posted : 01 December 2013 20:14:05(UTC)
Marc_250

Lotus team must be in a bad way if they haven't signed an engine contract! No wonder Kimi bailed and Hulk turned them down.
Offline DanF  
#16 Posted : 01 December 2013 20:19:55(UTC)
DanF

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Lotus team must be in a bad way if they haven't signed an engine contract! No wonder Kimi bailed and Hulk turned them down.

You'd have thought this would be in place by now. Maybe Renault should buy the team back. Tongue
Offline foxspeed  
#17 Posted : 01 December 2013 20:24:19(UTC)
foxspeed

were not an important and up and coming market thats why

bit like Russia Tongue
Offline Mentalpen  
#18 Posted : 02 December 2013 09:16:51(UTC)
Mentalpen

Originally Posted by: Fernandofan01 Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would come back and charge for the event. You will still get families coming at a cheap rate, but enough to keep the riff-raff freeloaders out who just want freebies and gifts and everything with no interest in the company.

This is the reason i have never attended, i know many who went just for the booze and camping and i know many that had cars damaged be it door dings in the public car parks or on the stands with people thinking it was ok to sit on your car just for a photo and the like.

a lot of people simply didn't go for the reasons i wanted to go for and found it was much better just to pay and go to the btcc.

Joe Public killed it off and sadly Reno can't be to blame for a lot of it as it is down to silverstone who do the food and booze side of it.
Offline WB83  
#19 Posted : 02 December 2013 10:11:26(UTC)
WB83

Originally Posted by: Mentalpen Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would come back and charge for the event. You will still get families coming at a cheap rate, but enough to keep the riff-raff freeloaders out who just want freebies and gifts and everything with no interest in the company.

This is the reason i have never attended, i know many who went just for the booze and camping and i know many that had cars damaged be it door dings in the public car parks or on the stands with people thinking it was ok to sit on your car just for a photo and the like.

a lot of people simply didn't go for the reasons i wanted to go for and found it was much better just to pay and go to the btcc.

Joe Public killed it off and sadly Reno can't be to blame for a lot of it as it is down to silverstone who do the food and booze side of it.

No Renault killed it by not having it, not because a few OCD car owners whinged about fingerprints. There was an element of the 'great unwashed' attending because it's free but the crowd was no different to that for the F1 there and I've been to both many times. Alcohol is availble at ALL sporting events. Tongue
Offline The Clang  
#20 Posted : 02 December 2013 12:44:58(UTC)
The Clang

Originally Posted by: Mentalpen Go to Quoted Post

Total rubbish.

Yes, why not charge admission just to make sure that only car enthusiasts attend. Brilliant idea. And while we're at it, ban children as well, because they're always putting their sticky mits all over the cars, and we all know how cars don't respond well to being washed... Dead

You could get a car park ding anywhere! Confused
Offline Mentalpen  
#21 Posted : 02 December 2013 12:56:16(UTC)
Mentalpen

Clearly you either weren't aware that adults were climbing on cars to have their photo's taken that were on stand and the RUK had to lock their cars after the interiors were damaged. Or feel thats acceptable behaviour at a public event.
Offline The Clang  
#22 Posted : 02 December 2013 13:00:43(UTC)
The Clang

Of course I don't. But what is the cost of a stolen gear knob compared to the cost of putting on the event.

I should add, after attending WSR and having a very long look at the 200 (which I couldn't do at a dealer anywhere - sound familiar?) I ordered one! Wink

Lastly, I have never done the infield parking thing because of the increased risk of damage, even if it's not deliberate. Rucksacks, buggies etc.
Offline jostheboss  
#23 Posted : 06 December 2013 21:29:55(UTC)
jostheboss

It's a shame we don't go to the uk anymore, I think there will be a return in 2015 though.

You lot should come to spa instead! That's what my parents did this year and they loved it!!

Standing on the pitwall with my old man watching Buemi do donuts in the red bull was a great moment!

I think we're going to Nurburgring too next year so that's not too far to travel!
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#24 Posted : 18 December 2013 02:17:13(UTC)
Roblynn1977

I would love it to return to the uk come on Renault
Offline Black225  
#25 Posted : 21 December 2013 16:47:55(UTC)
Black225

+1, I'll turn up whichever circuit, North, South, East or West.