Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DanF  
#51 Posted : 23 February 2014 22:00:50(UTC)
DanF

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dan@Jaybee Go to Quoted Post
I am sure all manufacturers have all experienced issues with loan cars at some point so you can twist what I am saying if it adds to your point but it just not possible to put flagship cars on as a loancar demo yes but loancar no. In an ideal world it might work and if you would like to ask the question the next time you take your Renaultsport in for service or repair let us know the answer !

I've got to agree with you here. The state that loan cars come back like every so often is shocking and as you said previously can tell it's been used to things they wouldn't do in their own cars.

Sure it would be nice to have a little fleet of RS cars to give to customers but sadly it wouldn't happen for the majority of dealers.

Not only our dealership by the looks of things

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree on this one and let us know how you get on with the RS loancar on your next visit to your dealer.

The ones which come back with the smell of dog are the best LOL
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#52 Posted : 23 February 2014 22:26:05(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

That's as maybe but I am sure VW do not consider there customers to be of dubious moral persuasion regardless of whether they drive an UP (like me) or a Golf R.

You may feel vindicated by the last post but you have turned what was an innocent discussion about the merits of like for like courtesy cars into something much more sinister.

Tbh you're twisting things a little.

Hardly Marc it was made quite clear in one of his initial posts that 95% of Renault customers are not capable of treating a courtesy car with any respect.

What is more worrying he has made no effort what so ever to ameliorate the situation, instead he has just relentlessly argued the point to try and justify it.
Offline Penn  
#53 Posted : 23 February 2014 22:27:28(UTC)
Penn

To go back on topic to some degree. Whilst I owned my Twingo 133 and Clio 200, every time I had the cars in for work or servicing they gave me a knackered Renault modus and a bog standard tin can 1.2 Twingo. That was after paying £20 for the privelage of a courtesy car...

Both cars were purchased brand new I might add.

During the same period, a colleague drove a 9 year old A3. Both times his car went in, audi gave him a brand new fully loaded A3 and a fully loaded A1 sport free of charge.

At the other end of the spectrum, a friend had his R8 in for work. They couldn't get an R8 courtesy car so he had a fully loaded S7 instead and bent over backwards to provide a perfect service, including knocking nearly a grand off the end bill.

Without investment from Renault, dealers cannot do this. It shows how far off Renault are from the premium brands and it's painful to see that even some simple elements that could keep very long brand loyalty such as providing good courtesy cars free of charge are seemingly off the cards completely.

Back to basics spring to mind, cars won't sell and people won't stay loyal if the dealer service is crap.
Offline mcphee197  
#54 Posted : 23 February 2014 22:54:29(UTC)
McPhee200

I do feel for Renault on this one. Renault don't have a pot to p1ss in and it's hard enough finding a dealer with a 200 or 265 in to have a test drive as a prospective customer.

Compare that to BMW (of which I was a visitor today Wink ) and they have a whole host of nice motors sitting there to give to customers as a courtesy. Indeed, a BMW owning friend of mine has a 3 series that has gone wrong a couple of times and he was loaned an m135i and an x3. I think they take the opportunity to upsell a bit.

As for Ford, well if I had an ST3 Focus, I would have hoped they would loan me some top of the line mondeo or kuga at least. Renault don't even have a large enough range to choose from.
Offline DanF  
#55 Posted : 23 February 2014 23:09:41(UTC)
DanF

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
To go back on topic to some degree. Whilst I owned my Twingo 133 and Clio 200, every time I had the cars in for work or servicing they gave me a knackered Renault modus and a bog standard tin can 1.2 Twingo. That was after paying £20 for the privelage of a courtesy car...

During the same period, a colleague drove a 9 year old A3. Both times his car went in, audi gave him a brand new fully loaded A3 and a fully loaded A1 sport free of charge.

At the other end of the spectrum, a friend had his R8 in for work. They couldn't get an R8 courtesy car so he had a fully loaded S7 instead and bent over backwards to provide a perfect service, including knocking nearly a grand off the end bill.

Without investment from Renault, dealers cannot do this. It shows how far off Renault are from the premium brands and it's painful to see that even some simple elements that could keep very long brand loyalty such as providing good courtesy cars free of charge are seemingly off the cards completely.

Back to basics spring to mind, cars won't sell and people won't stay loyal if the dealer service is crap.

I guess that's where it comes down to individual dealers. We offer a free courtesy car whereas like you've said others charge for the same privilege
Offline Penn  
#56 Posted : 24 February 2014 07:35:27(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post

I guess that's where it comes down to individual dealers. We offer a free courtesy car whereas like you've said others charge for the same privilege

Therein lies the problem, there is no commonality between Renault dealers. As I said, sorting back to basics stuff would work wonders and it is not difficult.
Offline pugs9000  
#57 Posted : 24 February 2014 10:39:48(UTC)
pugs9000

I just think when its the 3rd time the car is needed to be repaired within the first 6 months of ownership (all warranty work- so not my doing), a couple of the managers at this dealer both run 200T (red- same spec as mine, black with Lux pack), as there company car (everyday drive as i pass them on the way to work/not for sale), i feel they could of made a decision to appease me instead of a boggy Dacia- by god i asked, to the point i even considered getting the V6 out of the bodyshop!
Offline smithandroper  
#58 Posted : 24 February 2014 10:41:23(UTC)
smithandroper

We also provide free loan cars but if you want to take it on our insurance there is a one off £9 charge to lower the insurance excess to £500 you can take them for free but the excess is a lot higher.
Offline Mentalpen  
#59 Posted : 24 February 2014 11:23:31(UTC)
Mentalpen

We also provide free loan cars but if you want to take it on our insurance there is a one off £9 charge to lower the insurance excess to £500 you can take them for free but the excess is a lot higher.

You don't charge everyone Wink
User is suspended until 08/09/4752 18:14:34(UTC) 172RS  
#60 Posted : 24 February 2014 17:35:42(UTC)
172RS

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

That's as maybe but I am sure VW do not consider there customers to be of dubious moral persuasion regardless of whether they drive an UP (like me) or a Golf R.

You may feel vindicated by the last post but you have turned what was an innocent discussion about the merits of like for like courtesy cars into something much more sinister.

Tbh you're twisting things a little.

Hardly Marc it was made quite clear in one of his initial posts that 95% of Renault customers are not capable of treating a courtesy car with any respect.

What is more worrying he has made no effort what so ever to ameliorate the situation, instead he has just relentlessly argued the point to try and justify it.

He probably used to work for a Hire Car outfit where the percentage was more like 98%.

Shaped the perspective.

Edited by user 24 February 2014 17:36:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline del115  
#61 Posted : 24 February 2014 18:23:33(UTC)
del115

Just read through this whole topic.

Jeez how do you guys manage it?
Started with the OP sharing his (very) good fortune in the loan car he was offered and within moments the 'usual suspects' managed to bring the whole thing down to the sadly usual slagging off of all things Renault.
Very little if anything said on this thread is unique to Renault - there are dealers from many marques, including German, that lose interest once the sale is made and conversely there are a great deal (including Renault) who do care and give good after sales service.

Why people who feel nothing but animosity towards Renault (Cars, dealers and quite often the drivers) come on here at all is quite beyond me.

#62 Posted : 24 February 2014 18:34:10(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Started with the OP sharing his (very) good fortune in the loan car he was offered and within moments the 'usual suspects' managed to bring the whole thing down to the sadly usual slagging off of all things Renault.
Very little if anything said on this thread is unique to Renault - there are dealers from many marques, including German, that lose interest once the sale is made and conversely there are a great deal (including Renault) who do care and give good after sales service.

Why people who feel nothing but animosity towards Renault (Cars, dealers and quite often the drivers) come on here at all is quite beyond me.

I assume this is aimed at me, if so for the life of me I cannot see where I have shown animosity towards Renault, I was actually defending the good name of Renault ownersBig Smile

If I have misinterpreted your post then I apologise.
Offline del115  
#63 Posted : 24 February 2014 18:56:28(UTC)
del115

I assume this is aimed at me, if so for the life of me I cannot see where I have shown animosity towards Renault, I was actually defending the good name of Renault ownersBig Smile

Not particularly Mr Vix - it is just that on these type of posts there does seem to be a noticeable theme and regular contributors.

Personally if I was that concerned over the level of loan car I was going to receive I would make that part of my 'pre-purchase' discussions.

Have you any idea what is provided when/if the Lotus is of the road?
#64 Posted : 24 February 2014 19:10:02(UTC)
MrVix

Not particularly Mr Vix - it is just that on these type of posts there does seem to be a noticeable theme and regular contributors.

Personally if I was that concerned over the level of loan car I was going to receive I would make that part of my 'pre-purchase' discussions.

Have you any idea what is provided when/if the Lotus is of the road?

I have no idea what Lotus would provide Del, probably a bicycleLOL

I was on my high horse yesterday, maybe a bit too high in retrospect over the quote that 95% of Renault owners could not be trusted with a courtesy car (I don't want to revisit that discussion pleaseWink )

I personally would not have a major issue with a cheapo courtesy car for a day or two but I can see why some would be upset to be given a real base car if their RS was in for warranty work and/or waiting a lengthy period for parts etc.

Lets say Joe Bloggs is paying £300 a month for his RS and it is off the road for 3 weeks (due to no fault of his own) a situation which is not unheard of for any manufacturer. In this instance I think the Dealer should then bend over backwards to provide a high quality vehicle even if it means lending the customer the Dealer Principles car and giving the DP the boggo.
Offline andrewhutch1  
#65 Posted : 24 February 2014 20:29:41(UTC)
andrewhutch1

In most industries retaining business is much cheaper than getting new business. So it seems a wasted opportunity IMO, when a dealership or the manufacturer has the chance to impress and retain the customer's business when he returns with his car for the rare/occasional/regular (delete as appropriate) warranty work.

Take the OP's original post as an example... look how good Mercedes are, I took my car in and they lent me one of these AMGs = happy punter who will no doubt strongly consider Mercedes for his next purchase.

It's also worth considering that if a car is faulty and the customer is frustrated/upset/disappointed, do they want a little something to put a smile on their face or do they want to be told that it will cost them £20 a day to borrow something they wouldn't even consider driving under normal circumstances?

Maybe my views on this are a little unfair as I understand that there's a cost associated with providing this level of service but there's also a cost to not retaining customers.

The experience I had with my 265 recently involved over 400 miles back and forth to the dealership, two rejections of failed attempts at a repair and having to open a case with customer services to have the daily charge waived for the boggo courtesy cars I borrowed. (One of which was a demonstrator - it had the dealership branding on the door).

The whole experience, of which courtesy cars forms a part, has severely tainted my perception of the brand and has almost certainly ruled me out from buying another Renault after this one.

Offline scruffty  
#66 Posted : 12 March 2014 21:54:07(UTC)
scruffty

loan cars i had from Renault included a Peugeot 208 and a Chevrolet Matiz - for weeks and weeks on end whilst diagnosing a problem. Was not impressed! My argument that I bought an RS and deserve a better loan car fell on deaf ears.
Offline gordini  
#67 Posted : 25 March 2014 21:25:29(UTC)
gordini

My Megane 250 has gone in for two nights, Nisan Micra loan car think its hilarious!
until you drive it!
when the car was booked in there wasnt a courtesy car available
but when it had to stay in HEY PRESTO!
cant be ideal for Renault to have customers running around in other manufacturers
vehicles, not a good business model.
Offline smithandroper  
#68 Posted : 25 March 2014 22:00:19(UTC)
smithandroper

My own car is in for repairs also and I will be in a loancar for a few weeks due to a part being on backorder with no date Shocked (good job I know a good garageLOL )
I will be getting a loan car arranged by Renault tomorrow and I haven't got a clue what make it will be so it will be a lucky dip !!!!
Offline Gazeratti  
#69 Posted : 25 March 2014 22:03:27(UTC)
Gazeratti

Originally Posted by: Carl@BrianLeighton Go to Quoted Post
My own car is in for repairs also and I will be in a loancar for a few weeks due to a part being on backorder with no date Shocked (good job I know a good garageLOL )
I will be getting a loan car arranged by Renault tomorrow and I haven't got a clue what make it will be so it will be a lucky dip !!!!

I bet it will be a ferrari 458 with what some people think you should get as a courtesy car LOL LOL LOL
Offline smithandroper  
#70 Posted : 25 March 2014 22:08:53(UTC)
smithandroper

Originally Posted by: Gazeratti Go to Quoted Post

I bet it will be a ferrari 458 with what some people think you should get as a courtesy car LOL LOL LOL

I think there will be more chance of it being an Italian make than German if that's what you mean mate but whatever it is as long as it gets me from a-b I will be happy ( I will be even more happy if the cam shaft oil seal turns up asap)
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#71 Posted : 25 March 2014 23:20:24(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: Gazeratti Go to Quoted Post

I think there will be more chance of it being an Italian make than German if that's what you mean mate but whatever it is as long as it gets me from a-b I will be happy ( I will be even more happy if the cam shaft oil seal turns up asap)

Wait till they stick you in a Renault traffic Wink
Offline smithandroper  
#72 Posted : 26 March 2014 18:29:34(UTC)
smithandroper

No it isn't a Traffic Wink LOL
And it has been arranged to be delivered tomorrow so I will let you all guess for a bit !!!
Offline DanF  
#73 Posted : 26 March 2014 18:46:17(UTC)
DanF

And it has been arranged to be delivered tomorrow so I will let you all guess for a bit !!!

Is it from enterprise Tongue
Offline smithandroper  
#74 Posted : 26 March 2014 18:52:46(UTC)
smithandroper

Is it from enterprise Tongue

That would be a yes ! Wink
Offline schuy  
#75 Posted : 09 April 2014 08:14:54(UTC)
schuy

Whoopee !!! my car has had to go into service ( cooling fan switch prob ) and this is my courtesy car.....eeeeeekkkkk it's

dry this time and I've just found S+ transmission setting ( little tyre squeals when you set off and when it changes gear Big Smile ).

Just need to find a quiet space to try race start, which involves switching ESP off, daren't do that last time it was way

way to wet.

C63

Edited by user 09 April 2014 08:16:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified