Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TeaJay  
#101 Posted : 15 September 2014 09:55:09(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: SarGara Go to Quoted Post
Swap the recaro's over before handing the 250 back. They'll be none the wiser Cool

What sort of numbers were being quoted for the 275 over the 265 out of interest?

haha I would do just that but the dealer has already noted them down Tongue Going to keep my renault sport mats though!

The figures we're nearly £100 extra a month for the 275 over the 265 with options added.

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

The 265 is a great car Teajay but have you tried any other dealers with regards getting a 275 for a similar price to the 265.

The 275 comes loaded with goodies already like the exhaust and Recaros and I suspect if you can get someone to do a deal you will reap far better rewards come resale as the 275 Trophy (not counting the R) is going to be the one people are after.

Have you given Jaybee a go in Banbury, if not I would suggest sending Dan on here a PM.

Possibly so and maybe I did rush into it (I have serious doubts already over the logic about getting it) but it's too late now, deal has been signed and sealed and can't be cancelled. From the two dealers I did speak to, the difference between the 265 and 275 deals we're still nigh on £100 extra a month on PCP ... which I just couldn't stretch to.

As long as the figures add up, I can also cut the PCP short after a couple of years and see whats around then.

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#102 Posted : 15 September 2014 10:19:30(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: TeaJay Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SarGara Go to Quoted Post
Swap the recaro's over before handing the 250 back. They'll be none the wiser Cool

What sort of numbers were being quoted for the 275 over the 265 out of interest?

haha I would do just that but the dealer has already noted them down Tongue Going to keep my renault sport mats though!

The figures we're nearly £100 extra a month for the 275 over the 265 with options added.

The 265 is a great car Teajay but have you tried any other dealers with regards getting a 275 for a similar price to the 265.

The 275 comes loaded with goodies already like the exhaust and Recaros and I suspect if you can get someone to do a deal you will reap far better rewards come resale as the 275 Trophy (not counting the R) is going to be the one people are after.

Have you given Jaybee a go in Banbury, if not I would suggest sending Dan on here a PM.

Possibly so and maybe I did rush into it (I have serious doubts already over the logic about getting it) but it's too late now, deal has been signed and sealed and can't be cancelled. From the two dealers I did speak to, the difference between the 265 and 275 deals we're still nigh on £100 extra a month on PCP ... which I just couldn't stretch to.

As long as the figures add up, I can also cut the PCP short after a couple of years and see whats around then.

You aren't legally tied in to the deal just because you have paid a deposit TeaJay.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a dealer out there that cannot get within a few £s a month of your current deal on a 265 for a 275 Trohpy.

If it was me I would get on to Drive The Deal or Car Wow and see what dealers are offering the best deal on the 275 and go from there.

With out wishing to sound patronising if you are having serious doubts already about the deal you have done on the 265 you are really going to regret it in 3 months time. I speak from experienceLOL

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but remember it is a buyers market and there is bound to be a Renault Dealer out there that will bend over backwards to help you get into the car you really want at the price you want to pay.
Offline TeaJay  
#103 Posted : 15 September 2014 10:33:46(UTC)
TeaJay

You aren't legally tied in to the deal just because you have paid a deposit TeaJay.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a dealer out there that cannot get within a few £s a month of your current deal on a 265 for a 275 Trohpy.

If it was me I would get on to Drive The Deal or Car Wow and see what dealers are offering the best deal on the 275 and go from there.

With out wishing to sound patronising if you are having serious doubts already about the deal you have done on the 265 you are really going to regret it in 3 months time. I speak from experienceLOL

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but remember it is a buyers market and there is bound to be a Renault Dealer out there that will bend over backwards to help you get into the car you really want at the price you want to pay.

Good points all round. Reading the small print though, it does say something along the lines contract cannot be cancelled? (I don't have it with me).

I think I am just having the usual "new car doubts" and constantly thinking "well what could I have got if ..." but surely this i natural when spending and committing so much money to one asset?

Offline Georgeski  
#104 Posted : 15 September 2014 10:54:17(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: TeaJay Go to Quoted Post

Good points all round. Reading the small print though, it does say something along the lines contract cannot be cancelled? (I don't have it with me).

I think I am just having the usual "new car doubts" and constantly thinking "well what could I have got if ..." but surely this i natural when spending and committing so much money to one asset?

I'm not sure if you are allowed to have a contract for this sort of purchase without a cooling off period I.e. a period where you are entitled to cancel. I think it is a key part of the consumer credit act iirc
Offline roystinho  
#105 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:05:24(UTC)
roystinho

Ring up, say you got carried away in the moment and it's a 275 that you really want, what can they do. If they can't do anything say you want your deposit back as someone else has quoted a 275 @ £.....
#106 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:16:20(UTC)
MrVix

As Georgeski and roystinho said you will easily be able to get your deposit back. Dealers will always spin you a yarn but many included myself have got deposits back especially so early on in the deal.

If I had some time on my hands over the next few days I would hunt around for you myself for a deal but I am off to walk the Offas Dyke tomorrow.

to Dan@ Jaybee........................ can you not get one of your salesguys to sort a deal out for TeaJay?
Offline TeaJay  
#107 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:46:35(UTC)
TeaJay

haha ok getting a re-quote from a couple of dealers.

Quick question, what's the standard alloys on the 275?
Offline roystinho  
#108 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:54:07(UTC)
roystinho

Speedline Turinis I believe

On the pic here http://www.renaultsport....aspx?g=posts&t=86085
Offline TeaJay  
#109 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:55:57(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post

Ah cool, I wasnt sure if that was the upgraded 19" Turinis... which ones are they then lol? Blush
Offline foxspeed  
#110 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:56:36(UTC)
foxspeed

nope there a £1000 option

its the same as 265 18' tibors in matt black...
#111 Posted : 15 September 2014 12:03:24(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: foxspeed Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately this is correct, the 19s are another £1K. But those Recaros, interior and steering wheel look great on the 275. Have to agree though I would have to add the 19s as well.
Offline roystinho  
#112 Posted : 15 September 2014 12:08:21(UTC)
roystinho

Unfortunately this is correct, the 19s are another £1K. But those Recaros, interior and steering wheel look great on the 275. Have to agree though I would have to add the 19s as well.

I stand corrected, probably got it wrong because if you were going for one they're (almost) a must have option
Offline TeaJay  
#113 Posted : 15 September 2014 12:12:51(UTC)
TeaJay

Ah bugger ... need them as don't like the tibors lol.

Oh well, I'll see what they say .. worse case I still get my shiny new rs265 anyway ... best case I get a rs275 for the same price

Offline roystinho  
#114 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:05:00(UTC)
roystinho

No ohlins?

Though I wonder how many people will go for them actually...
Offline sunnylunn  
#115 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:16:49(UTC)
sunnylunn

i can't see the point in going for a 275 over a 265 unless you spec it with the ohlins and wheels etc
Offline roystinho  
#116 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:44:45(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
i can't see the point in going for a 275 over a 265 unless you spec it with the ohlins and wheels etc

iirc if you spec recaros and cup onto a 265 you're not far off the base 275 price anyway so you might as well go for the newer car (though I've never done the numbers, think someone mentioned it before)
#117 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:49:04(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post

iirc if you spec recaros and cup onto a 265 you're not far off the base 275 price anyway so you might as well go for the newer car (though I've never done the numbers, think someone mentioned it before)

That's about the cut of it. For the interior and better residuals alone the 275 is going to be the better bet imo.
Offline sunnylunn  
#118 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:57:28(UTC)
sunnylunn

if i was looking for a 275 in 12 months time, i would only be looking for the Ohlins equipped cars with th 19"option as well.
Offline gordini  
#119 Posted : 15 September 2014 15:11:23(UTC)
gordini

Standard 275 price £24650 discounted from dealer!!
Offline TeaJay  
#120 Posted : 15 September 2014 15:16:00(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: gordini Go to Quoted Post

Where was this??

Offline foxspeed  
#121 Posted : 15 September 2014 16:30:20(UTC)
foxspeed

just go on the configurator (once you have worked out how to use it) and you can play around with the specs
and basic car to get an "idea" of prices etc and spec vs spec Wink
Offline Wraith1uk  
#122 Posted : 15 September 2014 18:12:03(UTC)
Wraith1uk

dont believe it..
Offline Marc_250  
#123 Posted : 15 September 2014 18:48:59(UTC)
Marc_250

No offers for the 275 by online brokers yet
Offline gordini  
#124 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:13:59(UTC)
gordini

Originally Posted by: Wraith1uk Go to Quoted Post

dont believe it..

you would rather believe a dealer who said he couldnt LOL

i have already said enough and wont be re commenting......
Offline TeaJay  
#125 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:33:18(UTC)
TeaJay

Wow ... just got an offer through that car wow website for a brand new 275 trophy, black ...

Cash: £23,506 Shocked

From a renault dealer as well ... shame i dont have cash, but definitely going to follow up and see if they can do a finance deal!