Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#126 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:38:10(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: TeaJay Go to Quoted Post
Wow ... just got an offer through that car wow website for a brand new 275 trophy, black ...

Cash: £23,506 Shocked

From a renault dealer as well ... shame i dont have cash, but definitely going to follow up and see if they can do a finance deal!

Tea jay, Car Wow are really good. Phone the dealer up tomorrow and tell them about your PX and thrash a deal out with them. I will be amazed if they cant do you a deal to match if not better what you have on the 265.

Good luck.
Offline Marc_250  
#127 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:40:16(UTC)
Marc_250

Wow ... just got an offer through that car wow website for a brand new 275 trophy, black ...

From a renault dealer as well ... shame i dont have cash, but definitely going to follow up and see if they can do a finance deal!

Just the ticket, hope it's true....think alcantara recaros Cool Cool
Offline PBCup  
#128 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:46:33(UTC)
Phil 172

Bank loan?

Offline Marc_250  
#129 Posted : 15 September 2014 19:54:06(UTC)
Marc_250

If that price is true makes it a pretty tempting prospect before the order books close for the Mk3 Megane. Be great to have one of the last ones registered in the UK and if the Mk4 ends up as an auto only...well that would suck. I bet the upcoming CTR/FRS will need more like 30k.
Offline TeaJay  
#130 Posted : 15 September 2014 20:42:13(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: Phil 172 Go to Quoted Post

Bank loan?

Just did a quick check on money super market and the monthly still comes up £40 more a month than the rs265 deal I have. Going to ring them up in the morning though and see what they can do for a finance deal. Bear in mind though that the only option I spec'd on car wow was the car in Black as I didn't realise the wheels weren't standard at the time.

Very interesting though Big Smile

Offline roystinho  
#131 Posted : 15 September 2014 20:46:12(UTC)
roystinho

Bank loan?

Just did a quick check on money super market and the monthly still comes up £40 more a month than the rs265 deal I have. Going to ring them up in the morning though and see what they can do for a finance deal. Bear in mind though that the only option I spec'd on car wow was the car in Black as I didn't realise the wheels weren't standard at the time.

What the deal with finance? Is it a PCP? If so don't forget the balloon payment. With a bank loan you'll obviously own the car outright. Probably worth the £40/month extra
Offline Penn  
#132 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:00:33(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post

Bank loan?

What the deal with finance? Is it a PCP? If so don't forget the balloon payment. With a bank loan you'll obviously own the car outright. Probably worth the £40/month extra

Exactly what I was just about to say, you'll own the car via the bank loan.
Offline Kirsty172  
#133 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:27:15(UTC)
Kirsty172

or could just wait a few months, and get one with 6k miles and get it for 19k tops?
Offline roystinho  
#134 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:31:10(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

or could just wait a few months, and get one with 6k miles and get it for 19k tops?

Good shout, though there's a gamble there that there's one available in the spec you want. I'd personally want speedlines and ohlins, but the people speccing those, I imagine, are going to be proper car geek people like us that will want to keep hold of it, take it on track etc

Edited by user 15 September 2014 21:31:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SarGara  
#135 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:33:20(UTC)
SarGara

It depends how you intend to buy. If you want finance then no, picking up a 2nd hand 6k mile example is not the ideal method because you lose the Renault incentive and have to rely on the dealerships rates.
Offline PBCup  
#136 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:34:39(UTC)
Phil 172

Bank loan?

But is the £40 per month worth it?

What's the total payable etc?

Budgeting monthly is fair enough but don't miss the big picture!
Offline Marc_250  
#137 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:36:10(UTC)
Marc_250

I doubt that tbh. Current 265 prices aren't that low given the trophy spec.
Offline roystinho  
#138 Posted : 15 September 2014 21:46:36(UTC)
roystinho

Bank loan?

But is the £40 per month worth it?

What's the total payable etc?

Budgeting monthly is fair enough but don't miss the big picture!

Of course you have to do the sums, that's why I guessed at 'probably' Wink

Again, just guessing, but the balloon after 4 years is gonna be around £10-£12k ish? £40/month over 4 years not to pay that would be definitely worth it. Not suggesting those numbers would work (in fact probably miles out as that's only an extra £1920 you're paying)
Offline TeaJay  
#139 Posted : 16 September 2014 08:29:34(UTC)
TeaJay

Balloon payment isn't really a problem as it will never get there as I will simply get a new car and start again. Happy with that and get a new car every few years; just something I am used to.

Has anyone got any images of a rs275 in white? I can only find in LY or Black. White with those black turinis might looks epic.

Configurator still doesn't have the 275 on it :(
Offline sunnylunn  
#140 Posted : 16 September 2014 09:01:44(UTC)
sunnylunn

the 275 is on there, but it takes some digging around, not the easiest one to use by a long way.
Offline TeaJay  
#141 Posted : 16 September 2014 09:37:02(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
the 275 is on there, but it takes some digging around, not the easiest one to use by a long way.

On this one ?

http://configurator.rena...d/?modelKey=M3D2#/motors

As I can only find the 265 on the equipment level.

Found it under engine!

Ta

Edited by user 16 September 2014 09:39:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Kirsty172  
#142 Posted : 16 September 2014 13:14:40(UTC)
Kirsty172

it is the worst configurator ever in the history of the internet. i cannot believe they could possibly make it so user UNfriendly. its like being in 1980.
Offline sunnylunn  
#143 Posted : 16 September 2014 13:26:43(UTC)
sunnylunn

i got there in the end, fair chunk of money once its specced up.
User is suspended until 04/04/4757 06:08:35(UTC) The Jackal  
#144 Posted : 16 September 2014 14:29:15(UTC)
The Jackal

i got there in the end, fair chunk of money once its specced up.

What was the cost?
User is suspended until 04/04/4757 06:08:35(UTC) The Jackal  
#145 Posted : 16 September 2014 14:30:15(UTC)
The Jackal

it is the worst configurator ever in the history of the internet. i cannot believe they could possibly make it so user UNfriendly. its like being in 1980.

LOL
#146 Posted : 16 September 2014 16:04:27(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: The Jackal Go to Quoted Post

LOL

It always amazes me with Renault that their configirator is so bad. So many prospective buyers now heavily rely on these configurators as an initial means of accessing information. It really makes you wonder where Renault get their staff from and who in the senior management signs off such rubbish.
Offline TeaJay  
#147 Posted : 16 September 2014 16:42:32(UTC)
TeaJay

Soooo just come off the phone to another dealer ..

and the awesome news is for £1.50 extra a month (hahaha) over my rs265 deal, I can get a white, rs275 trophy with 19" Turinis Big Smile

So now I need my local dealer to either match that or cancel my order and I am the proud, soon to be owner of a shiny new trophy!

Super stoked!

Thanks for you advice guys!
#148 Posted : 16 September 2014 16:49:15(UTC)
MrVix

and the awesome news is for £1.50 extra a month (hahaha) over my rs265 deal, I can get a white, rs275 trophy with 19" Turinis Big Smile

So now I need my local dealer to either match that or cancel my order and I am the proud, soon to be owner of a shiny new trophy!

Super stoked!

Well done TeaJay really pleased for youBig Smile I really wish I could get one, with the exception of the Trophy R this will be the best hot hatch on sale by a wide margin.
Offline Marc_250  
#149 Posted : 16 September 2014 17:25:26(UTC)
Marc_250

Good news. The same spec I'd go for.
Offline roystinho  
#150 Posted : 16 September 2014 17:31:19(UTC)
roystinho

Super stoked!

Fantastic. Is that the white with the black roof or white all over?