Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2014 17:46:58(UTC)
Jeremy

I'm dlighted to announce that World Series by Renault will be back in the UK next year - 29/30 August at Silverstone.

Further details to follow in the coming months
Offline foxspeed  
#2 Posted : 19 October 2014 18:07:23(UTC)
foxspeed

excellent Cool Cool Cool Cool

national meet at same time?
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#3 Posted : 19 October 2014 18:08:00(UTC)
Jeremy

Good idea
Offline michaelw3628  
#4 Posted : 19 October 2014 18:44:16(UTC)
MikeWDY

Originally Posted by: foxspeed Go to Quoted Post
excellent Cool Cool Cool Cool

national meet at same time?

Spot on. Glad to hear it's back.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2014 18:59:13(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Brillant Big Smile Cant wait Smile
Offline John_walker74  
#6 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:16:23(UTC)
John_walker74

Great idea to combine it with the national meet. Will be a nice drive for me LOL
Offline madmax  
#7 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:24:35(UTC)
madmax

yes we will see if we can hold the national meet in conjunction with this event

Edited by user 19 October 2014 21:41:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline roystinho  
#8 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:52:11(UTC)
roystinho

Top idea for the National Meet

10 years of the Clio Trophy celebration too? Get as many as possible on the track for a paradeCool
Offline Penn  
#9 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:52:43(UTC)
Penn

Awesome!

Can't wait to go.
Offline John_walker74  
#10 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:54:23(UTC)
John_walker74

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post

10 years of the Clio Trophy celebration too? Get as many as possible on the track for a paradeCool

Now that is an awesome idea. Cool
Offline foxspeed  
#11 Posted : 19 October 2014 20:01:08(UTC)
foxspeed

limited access from joe public for the national owners cars and jobs a good one Big Smile
Offline DanF  
#12 Posted : 19 October 2014 20:24:08(UTC)
DanF

limited access from joe public for the national owners cars and jobs a good one Big Smile

Good idea Smile
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#13 Posted : 19 October 2014 23:05:20(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Brilliant news Big Smile
Offline jamesev  
#14 Posted : 20 October 2014 06:29:39(UTC)
jamesev

The difficulty is that owners cars form part of a RS past and present concourse and without them being accessible to the public it is just an onsite car part for owners and with it being where it has been in the past it is a main throughfare around the infield site. But as you say limiting people walking past, trying to get into the cars and bags etc having the potential to scrape cars is far from ideal.

Maybe the forum member could come up with a middle ground and present it.

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#15 Posted : 20 October 2014 08:06:46(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

The last year it was held the cars were parked on the out side of the last corner ( as was then) and it had a steady stream of people all day there so that's probably the best place for it again :)
Offline madmax  
#16 Posted : 20 October 2014 08:21:13(UTC)
madmax

Last one we were parked on the straight just before brooklands cannot remember how many cars we had though
Offline roystinho  
#17 Posted : 20 October 2014 09:31:21(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: jamesev Go to Quoted Post

The difficulty is that owners cars form part of a RS past and present concourse and without them being accessible to the public it is just an onsite car part for owners and with it being where it has been in the past it is a main throughfare around the infield site. But as you say limiting people walking past, trying to get into the cars and bags etc having the potential to scrape cars is far from ideal.

Without trying to sound too funny, all of the shows I go to people can just mill around the cars - some of which are worth millions.

I'd just make sure they're in a place people have to go to look, rather in a place people have to go past, this way you're more likely to get those that actually care about seeing our cars. If you are uber precious (and we are all precious of our cars, I mean the over the top OCD types) just either don't go or sit next to your car all day
Offline roystinho  
#18 Posted : 20 October 2014 09:54:18(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post

Now that is an awesome idea. Cool

I actually wondered if there was a record anywhere for the same type of car at any one time on track/at a meet...

Don't know how many active Trophy members there are across the forums, but with help from Harry Metcalfe, Nick Trott and Dan Trent (owners or RS enthusiasts) I'm sure we could spread the word. Imagine if you could get 100 (very optimistic I know but aim high...)Cool Cool Cool
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#19 Posted : 20 October 2014 10:08:53(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: madmax Go to Quoted Post
Last one we were parked on the straight just before brooklands cannot remember how many cars we had though

If you look in our show photo index you will see

http://www.renaultsportc...eo/5714-show-photo-index

Wink

Edited by user 20 October 2014 16:43:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline madmax  
#20 Posted : 20 October 2014 16:36:23(UTC)
madmax

i was on the bank with the 2 twingos and ly megane

Edited by user 13 January 2015 21:42:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline foxspeed  
#21 Posted : 20 October 2014 18:24:09(UTC)
foxspeed

I was thinking of barbed wire fencing - gun towers - moat with sharks/crocodiles - mine field and security guards one
way in/out only

on a more serious note its an idea as last time there were some issues/idiots messing with the cars....so its
something for the "organisers" to consider

Edited by user 20 October 2014 18:25:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#22 Posted : 20 October 2014 18:35:00(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Would those be sharks with fricking laser beams on there heads? Wink LOL
Offline roystinho  
#23 Posted : 20 October 2014 18:37:40(UTC)
roystinho

I was thinking of barbed wire fencing - gun towers - moat with sharks/crocodiles - mine field and security guards one
way in/out only

on a more serious note its an idea as last time there were some issues/idiots messing with the cars....so its

To add to what I put above, I didn't realise that this event is normally free (I've never been to one), so my point above doesn't really stand as the stuff I go to like Festival of Speed and Carfest for example are quite highly priced so keep the, erm, riff raff out.

I go for the guns ideaEvil

Or seriously, cordon them off, and have an allotted time for visitors to wander round them which will allow owners to go back and discuss/look after their cars if they wish
Offline Black225  
#24 Posted : 20 October 2014 19:11:04(UTC)
Black225

Brilliant news, well done Renault. Looking forward to this.Cool
Offline foxspeed  
#25 Posted : 20 October 2014 19:26:42(UTC)
foxspeed

way in/out only

To add to what I put above, I didn't realise that this event is normally free (I've never been to one), so my point above doesn't really stand as the stuff I go to like Festival of Speed and Carfest for example are quite highly priced so keep the, erm, riff raff out.

I go for the guns ideaEvil

Or seriously, cordon them off, and have an allotted time for visitors to wander round them which will allow owners to go back and discuss/look after their cars if they wish

having to "pay" does keep the pikeys out...mostly