Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2015 09:28:33(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

g7egt, john_walker74, g10far, I and a few others not on this forum set off for Spa tomorrow - really looking forward to getting back to the best track that I have experienced.

In our road trip group there will be my 182FF, another 182FF, Clio Trophy, 200 Cup and three R26R's (as well an Astra VXR) - we should be able to get some pretty nice group photos :)

Just hope that I can get my exhaust repaired today.......

Edited by user 13 April 2015 09:30:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sunnylunn  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2015 11:03:30(UTC)
sunnylunn


Posts: 884
Location: Renault owner 😀

Few of us are off to Spa tomorrow as well, 2 x R26.R a modded R26 and a modded RS250 plus a Caterham R400, should be a brilliant few days, hope to see you chaps there.
Offline Georgeski  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2015 18:08:03(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

Excellent sunnylunn, see you there.
Offline sunnylunn  
#4 Posted : 13 April 2015 19:45:46(UTC)
sunnylunn


Posts: 884
Location: Renault owner 😀

we are on the 09.50 traini and staying in hotel la source : ) see you there
Offline Georgeski  
#5 Posted : 13 April 2015 20:48:58(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

Unless you live close to the terminal 9:50 is a bit keen! We are getting the train just after 12 and staying at the Radisson Blu
Offline John_walker74  
#6 Posted : 14 April 2015 06:07:26(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

First couple of photos :-)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 18 April 2015 06:34:04(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

Did you have a good time Sunnylunn?
Offline sunnylunn  
#8 Posted : 18 April 2015 07:20:09(UTC)
sunnylunn


Posts: 884
Location: Renault owner 😀

fantastic, what a track and the weather couldn't have been better. Car was brilliant as well, we had half a day on the Thursday as well, and then headed home. How did yours go?
Offline Georgeski  
#9 Posted : 18 April 2015 11:51:42(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
fantastic, what a track and the weather couldn't have been better. Car was brilliant as well, we had half a day on the Thursday as well, and then headed home. How did yours go?


Great thanks sunnylunn. As you say the weather was perfect and there was an interesting mix of cars there. I personally preferred the Renaultsport day there as the cars were more evenly matched, I seemed to spend most of my time letting very aggressive Porsche or Beetle race drivers past, as there was such a gulf in performance!

UserPostedImage
Offline Georgeski  
#10 Posted : 18 April 2015 11:56:59(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,553

Forgot to say that although my car has never missed a beat on a trackday and was fine for most of the 2500 mile trip, I think it overheated early in the afternoon session. It just wouldn't start for 90 min, I think the fuel had vapourised, and then just returned to normal after the engine had thoroughly cooled. It was a bit disappointing as I missed my second tuition session and wanted to cement in my mind everything that I had learned in the morning!

Edited by user 18 April 2015 12:31:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John_walker74  
#11 Posted : 18 April 2015 13:37:15(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

Some of the drivers in those beetles were not that fast and took some peculiar lines. I actually didn't mind most of the faster cars except for the odd porsche cup racer driver. I liked the fact there was zero queuing.
Offline John_walker74  
#12 Posted : 18 April 2015 13:41:32(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

If anybody is bored and wants to see some of the cars the professional photographs are here:

http://www.fresh-orange.co.uk/

I will post up a few more photographs when I get them from our mate who was wielding a decent camera.
Offline MikeWDY  
#13 Posted : 18 April 2015 16:27:54(UTC)
MikeWDY


Posts: 1,674
Location: At my wits end!!

You guys aren't helping me get over the fact I'm not attending it this year. Cry
Offline sunnylunn  
#14 Posted : 18 April 2015 19:04:26(UTC)
sunnylunn


Posts: 884
Location: Renault owner 😀

how did the lad with the astra get on with his brakes, sounded metal on metal : (
Offline MikeWDY  
#15 Posted : 18 April 2015 19:45:19(UTC)
MikeWDY


Posts: 1,674
Location: At my wits end!!

Some properly mental metal there.
Offline John_walker74  
#16 Posted : 18 April 2015 20:17:23(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
how did the lad with the astra get on with his brakes, sounded metal on metal : (


Unsurprisingly the pads had worn down to the backing. We did tell him that and to check them the next day but he was adamant that they needed bleeding and had a problem with the discs.

UserPostedImage

Thankfully he had a spare set of pads so could do some laps of the ring.

Edited by user 18 April 2015 20:18:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John_walker74  
#17 Posted : 18 April 2015 20:21:39(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post
You guys aren't helping me get over the fact I'm not attending it this year. Cry


Sorry Tongue As you know it is an awesome track Cool Might look to do one of the French RS days next year at Leman or Magny
Offline MikeWDY  
#18 Posted : 18 April 2015 20:31:12(UTC)
MikeWDY


Posts: 1,674
Location: At my wits end!!

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post
You guys aren't helping me get over the fact I'm not attending it this year. Cry


Sorry Tongue As you know it is an awesome track Cool Might look to do one of the French RS days next year at Leman or Magny


I'd love to do both those tracks. Particularly Magny Cours.
Offline deenlee  
#19 Posted : 09 May 2019 06:49:33(UTC)
deenlee


Posts: 1

Any recommendations on a hotel at Nurnburg? Some travel tips may be? Planning a trip this summer, and there are very few info even at special travel forums and travel blogs .
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.