Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline foxspeed  
#26 Posted : 28 April 2015 18:21:13(UTC)
foxspeed

been a few gearbox mounts break....
Offline JSFB  
#27 Posted : 28 April 2015 20:59:41(UTC)
JSFB

No need to feel the whole car or the model is bad..... Why would I not feel like that! The car has been off the road for 3 weeks.... It's done 2000.... Should I really feel that the car / model / brand are great! These things shouldn't happen with new cars full stop especially when it has a five year old gear box design in it... Seriously! As for other brands we have had every type of hot hatch going and even a few classics and never had a gear box failure. You shouldn't have to walk into a dealership and think mmmm better give the new one a miss just in case I am unlucky. Anyways the dealer appears to be trying the best they can to get it back on the road now. Just hope the new box lasts more than 2000 miles.
Offline Andy275  
#28 Posted : 29 April 2015 06:29:38(UTC)
Andy275

I totally understand why you feel the way you do about it. We are the same with Audi, yet everyone tells us how great they are. I'd struggle to have another after the clutch was replaced then boost pipe! Unfortunately sometimes people seem to get a Friday afternoon car!
Offline Pistols76  
#29 Posted : 01 May 2015 10:31:23(UTC)
Pistols76

Originally Posted by: mcowey2000 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ttpsm2 Go to Quoted Post
gear box is pile of crap on this car, its weakest component. Would have paid extra for a proper box.

Been the odd mounting go but the box is fundamentally sound to my knowledge. It's often noted as a positive point of the Megane in most reviews.

Yep, I agree. Never heard of any serious gearbox issues. My 275 is ok and I drove a 250 before that for 5 years and never had any issues with the gearbox.

Had mine 3 + years with no problem.....running 340bhp + & 500Nm for over 12 months and faultless
Offline Alex_6n2  
#30 Posted : 17 April 2019 14:23:01(UTC)
Alex_6n2

Most people are trouble free with their gearboxes, but to just add to the other side:

One of the bearings in my LSD failed last week on my 275 Cup-S after 25K miles. Incredible grinding noises when coasting to a stop in neutral along with a loud whine at speed.

Had always suspected it was a Friday Afternoon item as it's been very noisy from new and previously stuck in 3rd & 5th.

Was impressed with the speed of recovery and arrangement of an enterprise hire car, so Renault Recovery certainly works.

Shame about my box being made of chocolate though