Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sunnylunn  
#51 Posted : 10 March 2017 15:00:53(UTC)
sunnylunn

but its got "flappy paddles" 😃
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#52 Posted : 11 March 2017 20:22:54(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Do it!

I would love to Georgski but I think I am going to have to hold on to the Jag until the end of the year to try and absorb some of the depreciation.

It is tempting but I think when I do change it will be into an M2/CSL, I have caught a cold on the Jag and want something a bit more financially 'sensible' nextDisapprove
Offline Georgeski  
#53 Posted : 11 March 2017 20:48:47(UTC)
Georgeski

That seems to be the logical thing to do. The M2 CSL looks quite likely and I bet it will be an epic car!

Yet to see a Giulia on the road. Did see the new Maserati SUV the other day in London, hadn't realised they were available to buy yet.
#54 Posted : 11 March 2017 21:50:01(UTC)
MrVix

That seems to be the logical thing to do. The M2 CSL looks quite likely and I bet it will be an epic car!

Yet to see a Giulia on the road. Did see the new Maserati SUV the other day in London, hadn't realised they were available to buy yet.

After the wallet bashing I am going to take on the F Type I need to be a bit more logical with my next purchase otherwise I will be out on the streetLOL

I hadn't realised Maserati had bought out an SUV, I think it is such a shame these great Marques are jumping on this SUV bandwagon, really cheapens them imo.Cry
Offline titian  
#55 Posted : 11 March 2017 21:50:54(UTC)
titian

Went to the Alfa garage today to have a look ,really impressed ,lovely.
Offline Georgeski  
#56 Posted : 11 March 2017 21:51:59(UTC)
Georgeski

Yep, I think they generally look terrible - really ostentatious, unnecessarily so.

Offline CraigI  
#57 Posted : 12 March 2017 08:00:03(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Do it!

I would love to Georgski but I think I am going to have to hold on to the Jag until the end of the year to try and absorb some of the depreciation.

It is tempting but I think when I do change it will be into an M2/CSL, I have caught a cold on the Jag and want something a bit more financially 'sensible' nextDisapprove

Your confidence in the Alfa dwindled quickly.

#58 Posted : 03 April 2017 19:45:57(UTC)
MrVix

Whilst I was up in Slough today reopening negotiations on a 595 Comp I had the opportunity to have a mooch around and sit in a Guilia QF.

TBH it just did not really float my boat, it is one of those rare cars that seems to look better in pictures than real life, it just left me a bit cold. I am sure the drive is up there with the best but it just didn't seem to have the presence of an M3 or C63.

The quality was certainly not up there with the Germans and little points of detail like being able to see the door frame through the side windows (if that makes sense) just spoilt it for me.

It also came across as a design that will age very quickly, I am probably in a minority but it defo is not for me.
Offline John_walker74  
#59 Posted : 03 April 2017 20:49:18(UTC)
John_walker74

I saw one on the road today. I thought it looked great and a nice change from the ubiquitous M3/4 and C63s you see most days.
#60 Posted : 03 April 2017 21:10:44(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
I saw one on the road today. I thought it looked great and a nice change from the ubiquitous M3/4 and C63s you see most days.

I suspect most will agree with you John but it just didn't light my fire im afraidSad
Offline John_walker74  
#61 Posted : 04 April 2017 09:09:57(UTC)
John_walker74

Would be boring if we all liked the same things. We ought to rejoice with such a great variety of really good cars currently available.
Offline Georgeski  
#62 Posted : 04 April 2017 10:15:52(UTC)
Georgeski

Would be boring if we all liked the same things. We ought to rejoice with such a great variety of really good cars currently available.

+1 has there been a better time to buy a car?
Offline ssimon  
#63 Posted : 04 April 2017 11:25:45(UTC)
ssimon

Yes, before there were speed limits.
Offline Georgeski  
#64 Posted : 04 April 2017 13:44:54(UTC)
Georgeski

Yep, cars for boring people.
#65 Posted : 04 April 2017 20:01:08(UTC)
MrVix

Yep, cars for boring people.

See M4 thread below, if it does not get deletedLOL

Edited by user 04 April 2017 20:02:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Kirsty172  
#66 Posted : 04 April 2017 20:18:36(UTC)
Kirsty172

yes;

before they were all enormously overpriced, supported by unsupportable PCP, huge debt and a brain dead public that has to have the latest of everything

before hot hatches cost 30k+

before ridiculous VED charges

sorry for being so down on new cars!
#67 Posted : 04 April 2017 20:36:29(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

yes;

before they were all enormously overpriced, supported by unsupportable PCP, huge debt and a brain dead public that has to have the latest of everything

before hot hatches cost 30k+

before ridiculous VED charges

sorry for being so down on new cars!

Don't you think the 'bang for your buck' is very good at the moment Kirsty?

You don't need to spend massive amounts of money to get an enjoyable car, the Fiesta ST and the 595 Abarth are well below £20k after discounts which I think offer terrific VFM.

Offline eccentric1  
#68 Posted : 05 April 2017 04:30:49(UTC)
eccentric1

In some ways I kind of partly agree with Mr Vix about the Giulia. I've looked at one in the showroom and seen a couple on the road. Externally they look fine. OK, maybe they don't quite have the road presence of some others in that sector but I quite like understatement at times. The interior I find to be more functional than luxurious which would also be fine, but not at that price. Here in Bayern you can't touch them for less than €70K, usually €72K although I know someone in Alfa engine development (in Milan) and he says the best he could do with staff discount would be €68-€70K.

I'm sure they're great fun to drive, but also not really for me at that price, even if I had the money.

As I've mentioned elsewhere when I was looking for my purchase I test drove the Fiesta ST and the 595 Abarth Competizione.
The Fiesta had some good points but also some that I considered unlivable with but it was the cheapest option as I had a quote of around €23K including a set of winter tyres and wheels alongside the summer ones.
I found the 595 Comp. to be relatively expensive as it was nearing €30K with the second set of wheels and tyres for winter. It was undoubtedly great fun but in the end just a little small for what I wanted.
The surprising package in my search was the Kia Pro Cee'd GT which was great to drive, had loads of goodies but just lacked a little in speed. Give it a bit more kick, take 1.5 to 2 seconds off the 0-100KPH and it would be a real winner.
Offline Georgeski  
#69 Posted : 19 September 2017 18:28:06(UTC)
Georgeski

I see from Instagram that you have been hooning about in one Danny over the last few days!!!!!
Offline roystinho  
#70 Posted : 20 September 2017 18:52:58(UTC)
roystinho

I certainly have, it's brilliant. Prefer it to the M3 (though I've not driven a competition pack car yet). Sadly Joe only had it for a few days so didn't get much time in it, but went for a couple of blasts. Obviously did a little video

Offline Georgeski  
#71 Posted : 21 September 2017 16:21:36(UTC)
Georgeski

Not as good as the E92 M3, obviously, but a close second. Quite jealous!
#72 Posted : 21 September 2017 19:18:38(UTC)
MrVix

Evo are enthusing over the M4 Comp Pack, I was not overly impressed when I drove one a while back but I think BMW have made even more tweeks.

I really wanted to like the Alfa but it left me 'Flat' when I viewed one a few months ago, I didn't drive it as felt no matter how good it was for £60K plus it was never going to fit the bill. If I was in this market it would have to be a C63S, if only for the noise. Many a day I wish I had kept hold of the old C63 CoupeCry
Offline roystinho  
#73 Posted : 21 September 2017 20:31:38(UTC)
roystinho

Yeah, if it was actually my money I'd be heading for a C63 S wagon (if they exist, I know they do Coupe/saloon), but it beats the M3 for me.

Obviously not the na V8 George Wink
Offline Georgeski  
#74 Posted : 21 September 2017 20:48:13(UTC)
Georgeski

Yes, they do a wagon as Chris Harris owns a non S one.
Offline roystinho  
#75 Posted : 21 September 2017 20:49:19(UTC)
roystinho

But do they do the S? Anyway, all pie in the sky stuff