Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Trophy131  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2015 12:20:49(UTC)
Trophy131

Well that'll be my first and last time I go to WSR at silverstone thanks to someone putting a nice little sent in the rear panel 😢 I thought that if I got a parking pass to park in the collectors area the car would be ok but that's not the case thanks to a member of the public, I can't praise the lads that organised the parked enough though as they made sure the cars where well parked with plenty of space in between.
I'm in mixed emotion about the weekend as the highlight for me was being able to drive my car around the track but on the down side it's going to cost at least £100 on top what's it's cost me to be there this weekend, I made a 4 half hr journey on Friday to be at the hotel so I could get to silverstone early and we stayed for for the weekend.

But I can honestly say this has killed the first experience and probably future ones 😣😢😣
Absolutely gutted
Offline Georgeski  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2015 12:29:48(UTC)
Georgeski

That is really annoying, not surprised you are gutted. How big is the dent?
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2015 06:12:26(UTC)
Jeremy

Sorry to hear that
Offline MikeWDY  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2015 06:22:39(UTC)
MikeWDY

That's disgusting. I did catch a woman sitting her newborn son on the roof of the Megane Maxi whilst her other half took ages to take a photo.
I also saw 2 people move the sliding windows open and closed on the first car of the central arrow display.
Some people just don't respect other people's pride and joy.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2015 07:39:17(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Sorry to here this matey. It's not very good when this happens. We tried our best to keep an eye on things after we parked everyone up. We moved a few people on who where trying to get into the cars and even reported it to the police who wondering around so we got an extra set of eyes on things. We made it a priority to leave gaps between cars so people could get through without damaging anyones pride and joy. But you always get some stupid people I guess like being in supermarket car park in that respect I guess. I'm sorry it spoiled your weekend matey I'd be the same if anything had happened to mine but I hope it doesn't put you off totally from future events whether it's this or something else.
Offline madmax  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2015 08:02:43(UTC)
madmax

Very sorry this happened ,was good to have a chat with you about it and too see you come back on the Sunday
As Gaz said we tried to watch as much as we could but sorry we didn't see this

Nigel
Offline Trophy131  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2015 09:29:33(UTC)
Trophy131

Cheers lads, I'll prob get over it eventually! The parking couldn't have been better just as you say some people have no respect.

It's was good chatting to you Nigel., and cheers mate for trying to take a damper of it!!

As for the size of it it's prob around the size of a golf ball and its not noticable dead on just from angles, I tried to get a vid of but the phone didn't really pick it up. I only noticed it when I came back to the car to grab some stuff out the boot and the light caught it, I felt like crying when I saw it! But at least it's repairable.

We had a great weekend apart from that.
Offline foxspeed  
#8 Posted : 08 September 2015 18:06:37(UTC)
foxspeed

not good!

some of the "public" couldn't distinguish between Renault display cars and actual owners cars Clown

and some parents need to teach their kids how to behave when out & about around others property Angry

I think in future we need some signage basically "don't touch or your out"!
Offline madmax  
#9 Posted : 08 September 2015 18:16:41(UTC)
madmax

Originally Posted by: Trophy131 Go to Quoted Post
Cheers lads, I'll prob get over it eventually! The parking couldn't have been better just as you say some people have no respect.

It's was good chatting to you Nigel., and cheers mate for trying to take a damper of it!!

As for the size of it it's prob around the size of a golf ball and its not noticable dead on just from angles, I tried to get a vid of but the phone didn't really pick it up. I only noticed it when I came back to the car to grab some stuff out the boot and the light caught it, I felt like crying when I saw it! But at least it's repairable.

We had a great weekend apart from that.

Thanks
We have spoke about this and if it we are lucky and wsr happens again next year we will send some signs for collectors to put in their cars to show they are collectors cars and not dilly cars for people to sit in

Edited by user 08 September 2015 18:17:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline DanF  
#10 Posted : 08 September 2015 18:44:28(UTC)
DanF

From my point of view, the fencing we had should have been at the other end of the area with an entrance which clearly separated the display cars from that of the collectors own vehicles.
Offline Trophy131  
#11 Posted : 08 September 2015 19:04:51(UTC)
Trophy131

Yeah I think signs may of helped but on the other hand that might make them want to touch even more! I'm afraid it's prob a no win solution other than to totally fence it of, but I doubt that would be an option! What we need is some big ass dudes standing in the area growling if anyone gets to close haha
Offline dinn  
#12 Posted : 08 September 2015 19:27:51(UTC)
dinn

Sad to hear that. However this kind of incidents may happen in any place to be honest with you. If it could happen at Tesco would you give up shopping? 😉
Offline Streetfighter  
#13 Posted : 08 September 2015 20:19:10(UTC)
Streetfighter

A story that I can empathise with and precisely why I stopped going years ago. After the break the event had from the UK I went this year on the Saturday and nothing had changed. People persist in looking with their fingers.

As for the comment above, whilst within reason valid, some people don't use their cars every day so it then becomes an issue.

Perhaps we should have parked with the "special" cars near the back??
Offline DanF  
#14 Posted : 08 September 2015 20:35:54(UTC)
DanF

The special cars? The Meganes?

We parked there as we got there at around 7 both days to set up the collectors area so let us keep our cars out of the way as such to plan the area fully.

Didn't stop people touching our cars either.
Offline Streetfighter  
#15 Posted : 08 September 2015 21:08:46(UTC)
Streetfighter

So there were some special cars? 😉

Perhaps your cars would have complimented the area by being in directly within it? Anyway, please don't feel obliged to justify it to me, I'm just a casual observer.
Offline Roblynn1977  
#16 Posted : 08 September 2015 21:21:32(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: Streetfighter Go to Quoted Post
A story that I can empathise with and precisely why I stopped going years ago. After the break the event had from the UK I went this year on the Saturday and nothing had changed. People persist in looking with their fingers.

As for the comment above, whilst within reason valid, some people don't use their cars every day so it then becomes an issue.

Perhaps we should have parked with the "special" cars near the back??

The 'special' cars as you call them where parked there for a number of reasons, one the fence along the bottom appeared late on Friday and was not expected so we needed to park some cars there to make the hospitality trailer look part of the event, secondly we used our cars to store items such as the detailing packs and other items on the day like our food we all did the organising for free and still had to pay to get in, last of all as we was trying to organise the parade laps it made sense for our cars to be out of the way.

If you wanted to park down the bottom you could have asked on the day and it wouldn't have been a problem, I was one of the people that called it on the day to get all the R's parked together, as we had 3 in total. I am sorry if you feel put out by being asked to park where you was, we just did our best on the day.
Offline Roblynn1977  
#17 Posted : 08 September 2015 21:23:20(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: Trophy131 Go to Quoted Post
Well that'll be my first and last time I go to WSR at silverstone thanks to someone putting a nice little sent in the rear panel 😢 I thought that if I got a parking pass to park in the collectors area the car would be ok but that's not the case thanks to a member of the public, I can't praise the lads that organised the parked enough though as they made sure the cars where well parked with plenty of space in between.
I'm in mixed emotion about the weekend as the highlight for me was being able to drive my car around the track but on the down side it's going to cost at least £100 on top what's it's cost me to be there this weekend, I made a 4 half hr journey on Friday to be at the hotel so I could get to silverstone early and we stayed for for the weekend.

But I can honestly say this has killed the first experience and probably future ones 😣😢😣
Absolutely gutted

Sorry your car was damaged, i would have been just as upset as you.
Offline stevie1972  
#18 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:02:57(UTC)
stevie1972

Unfortunately we can't control the public and things they do. I personally along with others spent most of Sunday keeping a eye on the cars in the collectors area.
There were no special cars as has been said and the reasons they were parked there have been mentioned. Just to let you know Gillian's car that was parked at the event trailer wasn't safe either as she caught someone trying to pick the paint protection film off the bumper.
With it being a public event these are things that can happen and in future if there is another collectors area we can look at ways to minimise some of the problems.
Offline Trophy131  
#19 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:11:51(UTC)
Trophy131

No pribs thanks mate, I didn't have a problem with the parking I actually thought it was well thought out. It's just the public need to learn some respect for others pride and joy.

I didn't start this thread to have a go at the organisers it's more the public I was having s dig at for damaging my car.

But as my mother would say it's just a car!!! Ha yeah my car!
Offline stevie1972  
#20 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:17:36(UTC)
stevie1972

I'd be the same mate as most of us would if something happens to our cars. Thanks for your comments on the organisation.
Offline GrumpyTwig  
#21 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:36:35(UTC)
GrumpyTwig

Sounds like charging on the doors hasn't helped, it was dodgy back when they let people in free. People climbing on cars etc. etc. I had to sit in mine a lot of the time I just didn't trust leaving it alone back then.

Would have gone this time though maybe not park with the owners.
Offline Roblynn1977  
#22 Posted : 08 September 2015 22:49:16(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: GrumpyTwig Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like charging on the doors hasn't helped, it was dodgy back when they let people in free. People climbing on cars etc. etc. I had to sit in mine a lot of the time I just didn't trust leaving it alone back then.

Your car would have been fine Tom as I would have made sure it was parked with the special cars 👍🏻

( disclaimer this is a joke )
Offline Georgeski  
#23 Posted : 09 September 2015 07:15:54(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: GrumpyTwig Go to Quoted Post

It's why in the end I parked my car in the public car park, instead of the collectors area. I just kept on thinking about whether I trusted the public wandering around my car - the answer was a resounding NO.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#24 Posted : 09 September 2015 08:11:53(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

You've as much chance somet happening in the car park though. it has been known at Silverstone and Donington for people's cars to be tampered with. I remember a few cars being broken into and some even bring loaded onto the back of a low loader and stolen at Donnington many moons ago. There was travellers near by who were taking them from general parking.
Offline foxspeed  
#25 Posted : 09 September 2015 18:30:55(UTC)
foxspeed

sometimes I wonder why we bother