Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline foxspeed  
#51 Posted : 09 October 2015 18:51:17(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: @F1Ranting Go to Quoted Post
How on earth is Christian Horner still in a job? They guy has slagged his Engine Supplier off so badly that he's alienated Mercedes & Ferrari as well. Add to that, he's lost his Star Driver, his Title Sponsor (Infiniti) and jeopardised the very existence of not one but two Formula 1 teams!

What an idiot!

behind him is marko as well....he has been probably even more critical and nasty over Renault!
Offline AndyC77  
#52 Posted : 10 October 2015 09:12:43(UTC)
AndyC77

Married to geri haliwell... Case closed!
Offline foxspeed  
#53 Posted : 10 October 2015 10:48:48(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: AndyC77 Go to Quoted Post
Married to geri haliwell... Case closed!

harsh LOL LOL LOL
Offline @F1Ranting  
#54 Posted : 10 October 2015 17:39:13(UTC)
@F1Ranting

Blimey. Just imagine if this Management Buyout of Red Bull comes off. They might end up with the Spice Girls as Title Sponsor.

The Zig-a-Zig-Ahh F1 Team.

Interesting to see that Mr. Halliwell is now not ruling out using Renault Power next year.

Edited by user 10 October 2015 17:40:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John_walker74  
#55 Posted : 10 October 2015 18:36:30(UTC)
John_walker74

The 'Eddie talks out of his arse' comment from Horner was a great moment from qualifying!
Offline foxspeed  
#56 Posted : 10 October 2015 18:55:53(UTC)
foxspeed

for a moment I thought horner was back peddling on his pit bike Tongue
Offline RED21  
#57 Posted : 25 October 2015 12:20:20(UTC)
RED21

Apparently Palmer has now signed for Lotus/Renault for 2016. (yet to be confirmed by official source)
Offline MikeWDY  
#58 Posted : 25 October 2015 14:40:25(UTC)
MikeWDY

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
Apparently Palmer has now signed for Lotus/Renault for 2016. (yet to be confirmed by official source)

Was confirmed yesterday but I do wonder if it's a contract with Lotus that Renault, if they buy the team have to keep. Reports apparently Renault may not buy Lotus now and Palmer has been signed now so they get an advance on his $10m sponsorship to stay afloat now. Lotus seem to have plan B in operation.
Offline @F1Ranting  
#59 Posted : 26 October 2015 18:50:58(UTC)
@F1Ranting

The Lotus/Renault announcement about Jolyon is on Lotus F1's page & Jolyon Palmer's Twitter

Great news for him!

As for the Lotus/Renault takeover, Martin Brundle said over the weekend that as far as he was concerned, the deal is "Progressing" Probably quite complex from a legal point of view.

Was wondering over the weekend about the existing sponsors. Jeremy said earlier in the thread that the team was going to be just "Renault" so I guess that will mean Group Lotus are gone as a Sponsor, but would Microsoft & Richard Mille be staying on?

Edited by user 26 October 2015 18:52:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Teg  
#60 Posted : 02 November 2015 10:41:55(UTC)
Teg

In this weekend's Ted's qualifying notebook show (or whatever it is called), Ted alluded to Renault waiting to see what Red Bull do and then that would influence what Renault do and possibly who it buys. If RB exit the sport, who would you rather buy, the RB assets or the Lotus assets? At least that was my interpretation of what he was alluding to. If he was alluding to anything. Or maybe he meant waiting to see what they do in terms of whether they need engines for next year.

If they do buy RB instead, I wonder if Mr Horner will be kept on. :)
Offline MikeWDY  
#61 Posted : 02 November 2015 11:05:11(UTC)
MikeWDY

Originally Posted by: Teg Go to Quoted Post
In this weekend's Ted's qualifying notebook show (or whatever it is called), Ted alluded to Renault waiting to see what Red Bull do and then that would influence what Renault do and possibly who it buys. If RB exit the sport, who would you rather buy, the RB assets or the Lotus assets? At least that was my interpretation of what he was alluding to. If he was alluding to anything. Or maybe he meant waiting to see what they do in terms of whether they need engines for next year.

I saw that piece and again took it Renault may buy Red Bull but surely the cost would be a lot greater than Lotus? They'd have better drivers for now but I can't see the red bull guys hanging around beyond their contracts if Renault do take over. There's been too much talk of a horner buy out anyway and the fact Horner has assured the employees they will have jobs of Dietrich mateschitz does pull out indicates that's a realistic option.
Offline Marc_250  
#62 Posted : 02 November 2015 16:25:01(UTC)
Marc_250

I'd be surprised if Renault would buy the RedBull outfit but I guess it's possible although clearly RedBull has the cash to do whatever it wants with it...

Just reading another possibility is for RedBull to continue with Renault PUs for 2016 but they'll be rebadged...
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#63 Posted : 02 November 2015 18:58:44(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post

I saw that piece and again took it Renault may buy Red Bull but surely the cost would be a lot greater than Lotus? They'd have better drivers for now but I can't see the red bull guys hanging around beyond their contracts if Renault do take over. There's been too much talk of a horner buy out anyway and the fact Horner has assured the employees they will have jobs of Dietrich mateschitz does pull out indicates that's a realistic option.

They would be better sticking with Lotus and then if Redbull does take its ball home then surely its cheaper to employ the staff they would leave in limbo rather then buying Redbull at a massive expense.
Offline @F1Ranting  
#64 Posted : 02 November 2015 19:21:50(UTC)
@F1Ranting

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
I'd be surprised if Renault would buy the RedBull outfit but I guess it's possible although clearly RedBull has the cash to do whatever it wants with it...

Just reading another possibility is for RedBull to continue with Renault PUs for 2016 but they'll be rebadged...

Nissan, Nismo, Infiniti, or Dacia?
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#65 Posted : 02 November 2015 19:40:44(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Nissan, Nismo, Infiniti, or Dacia?

Dont forget Lada Wink
Offline foxspeed  
#66 Posted : 02 November 2015 19:52:43(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post

Renault will have to "buy" lotus debts...could be a lot cheaper buying redbull Tongue
Offline Marc_250  
#67 Posted : 03 November 2015 18:05:34(UTC)
Marc_250

http://www.skysports.com...-renault-engines-in-2016

Who knows where the hell RedBull is going to get an engine reading that.

Presumably still trying to force Merc or Ferrari to provide something. Also says no chance of RedBull selling to Renault.
Offline foxspeed  
#68 Posted : 03 November 2015 19:12:07(UTC)
foxspeed

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/10054104/red-bull-owner-dietrich-mateschitz-rules-out-using-renault-engines-in-2016

Who knows where the hell RedBull is going to get an engine reading that.

Presumably still trying to force Merc or Ferrari to provide something. Also says no chance of RedBull selling to Renault.

I think he should stamp his feet more and throw some more toys out of the pram Clown

what a way to endear yourself to any potential engine supplier....maybe a "billionaire" but tact and diplomacy he has nothing Shocked
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#69 Posted : 03 November 2015 19:17:09(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Amazing. What a way to carry on
Offline @F1Ranting  
#70 Posted : 03 November 2015 22:18:07(UTC)
@F1Ranting

After 4 years of rubbing the established teams noses in it, and 2 years of whingeing, arrogance and disrespect to the sport, Red Bull just need to go now. Someone will buy those teams. Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz & Daniil Kyvatt will stay in the sport. Williams, Renault, McLaren & Ferrari are essential to F1 and the junior formula. A Manufacturer of a vile tasting soft drink owned by a man with a massive chip on his shoulder, isn't.
Offline Georgeski  
#71 Posted : 04 November 2015 10:56:14(UTC)
Georgeski

After 4 years of rubbing the established teams noses in it, and 2 years of whingeing, arrogance and disrespect to the sport, Red Bull just need to go now. Someone will buy those teams. Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz & Daniil Kyvatt will stay in the sport. Williams, Renault, McLaren & Ferrari are essential to F1 and the junior formula. A Manufacturer of a vile tasting soft drink owned by a man with a massive chip on his shoulder, isn't.

+1
Offline GordiniGR  
#72 Posted : 04 November 2015 14:50:59(UTC)
GordiniGR

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#73 Posted : 04 November 2015 16:33:22(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Yeah read that. Looks promising Smile
Offline RED21  
#74 Posted : 06 November 2015 22:04:34(UTC)
RED21

A new bit of gossip is that RB are going to use a base Renault ICE unit with their own KRS etc for 2016 & will use the very latest version of this years engine for the last few races.
Offline AndyC77  
#75 Posted : 07 November 2015 06:49:38(UTC)
AndyC77

I hope when RB ask for the ICE unit from Renault that they package up some old 10 disc auto changers and cassette player and send that over! Stick your KERS on that and give it wings!