Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Barry Davison  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2015 16:09:44(UTC)
Barry Davison

Hi, I’m Baz and I’ve been working with Jeremy and the rest of the team at Renaultsport this year to bring some great new content into the Renaultsport forum.

My challenge is to bring a behind-the-scenes view from trackdays and Renault championships, getting up-close to new and classic models, and chatting with you guys to help make the forum a fun and useful place to be.
I was lucky enough to get along to Rockingham at Corby to get behind the scenes for a day’s testing for this season’s Renault Clio Cup. So, on a very cold and grey morning I turned up with my Canon DSLR in hand to capture the sights and action from the day, including – the very exciting and innovative 360 filming of the 2015 teams.

What’s 360 Filming?

This involved, essentially, fixing a whole bunch of Go Pros inside a 3D-printed mount, strapping the whole contraption to the roof/ grille/ rear window/ side door of a Clio Cup race car and sending the car round the track for a spin. Then, you take all that video footage, merge it together, and plug it into some fancy software that allows you to “sit” on top of the car and “look around” at all the passing scenery/ action.

The idea is the innovative camera work can get you as close to the action of a race as it’s possible to get – with other Clio Cup cars passing on either side.

It’s pretty sweet, especially the daredevil overtaking at the end of the lap – check it out here.

COMPETITION – ends 17.12.15!

To win a Google Cardboard headset, and experience 360 Clio Cup 2015 from your Android phone, simply reply to this thread and let me know! First come, first served…

Terms & conditions apply.

360 mount
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup
360 Clio Cup