Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gilmos1  
#76 Posted : 23 May 2016 14:46:14(UTC)
gilmos1


Posts: 86

I wonder if it will be the track safety car at Monaco GP, they usually have Meganes?
Offline roystinho  
#77 Posted : 23 May 2016 14:54:29(UTC)
roystinho


Posts: 8,584

From press release

Special Clio Renault Sport set for Monaco debut
To mark its fortieth anniversary and celebrate Renault's return as a Formula 1 team, Renault Sport will be unveiling a special version of Clio R.S. at the legendary Monaco Grand Prix.
Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of Renault Sport Cars, said: "We successfully completed the project of a slightly crazy car. It was a joint effort by the Renault Sport Cars and Renault Sport Racing teams. This Clio R.S. refines the expertise of Renault Sport engineers whilst exploring new avenues for the future".
The entire Renault Sport team will be in Monaco on Friday, 27 May to demonstrate how Renault makes the connection between the racetrack and the road and to reveal what is behind the design of this very special Clio R.S.
Offline steve32c  
#78 Posted : 23 May 2016 15:38:55(UTC)
steve32c


Posts: 863
Location: A Little Black Number - 200T to be precise

Limited run or not £30k for a 271 Bhp Clio or £30k for a Focus RS with 345 Bhp
It does look good but at that price - really

Mid 20s please 👍 Renault and you may have your UK market back
Offline Georgeski  
#79 Posted : 23 May 2016 15:44:39(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,511

That press statement sounds very much like it's a technical demonstration of what that can do, rather than a limited production run to buy. Would love to be proved wrong though!
Offline probecomp  
#80 Posted : 23 May 2016 16:10:18(UTC)
probecomp


Posts: 822

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post
This feels different to the twin run concept, from what I've heard and read so far it will be production in limited numbers and they are ditching mr flappy.


Oh no... What will Kirsty say? LOL LOL

She's been banging on and on about how 'we all know RS is only going to go DCT now'. I believe even the odds of 100:1 were mentioned... LOL

Edited by user 23 May 2016 16:12:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Kirsty172  
#81 Posted : 23 May 2016 16:41:36(UTC)
Kirsty172


Posts: 4,875

Originally Posted by: probecomp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post
This feels different to the twin run concept, from what I've heard and read so far it will be production in limited numbers and they are ditching mr flappy.


Oh no... What will Kirsty say? LOL LOL

She's been banging on and on about how 'we all know RS is only going to go DCT now'. I believe even the odds of 100:1 were mentioned... LOL


i'm still correct. can't confuse a 1 off special limited edition, even if they do make this, with the direction and philosophy of RS going forward. if this gets made, it will be manual because that is all that is viable for a limited run vehicle with the F4RT engine. thats not rocket science.

hence...

clio RS is DCT
megane GT is DCT
Alpine will be DCT
megane RS (to come) will be DCT
Offline probecomp  
#82 Posted : 23 May 2016 17:20:24(UTC)
probecomp


Posts: 822

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
can't confuse a 1 off special limited edition, even if they do make this, with the direction and philosophy of RS going forward. if this gets made, it will be manual because that is all that is viable for a limited run vehicle with the F4RT engine. thats not rocket science.

Let's first see how limited this will actually be, shall we? One thing that doesn't make sense is to invest in producing all those added body panels, for something that's very limited. Otherwise, it will cost a fortune...

Secondly, they are explicitly saying this model will be used to test the direction and philosophy going forward Big Smile

Quote:
clio RS is DCT

Except for, looks like, this one Wink

Quote:
megane GT is DCT
Alpine will be DCT
megane RS (to come) will be DCT

Megane GT is not RS. I anticipate the Megane and the Alpine will both have manual and DCT options, new Megane RS for sure. They'd be crazy to not cover all bases (again) and they've been openly voicing those concerns as well. Remains to be seen Wink
Offline del115  
#83 Posted : 23 May 2016 18:50:59(UTC)
del115


Posts: 1,383
Location: West Wales

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
From press release

Special Clio Renault Sport set for Monaco debut
To mark its fortieth anniversary and celebrate Renault's return as a Formula 1 team, Renault Sport will be unveiling a special version of Clio R.S. at the legendary Monaco Grand Prix.
Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of Renault Sport Cars, said: "We successfully completed the project of a slightly crazy car. It was a joint effort by the Renault Sport Cars and Renault Sport Racing teams. This Clio R.S. refines the expertise of Renault Sport engineers whilst exploring new avenues for the future".
The entire Renault Sport team will be in Monaco on Friday, 27 May to demonstrate how Renault makes the connection between the racetrack and the road and to reveal what is behind the design of this very special Clio R.S.


No real clues here then.....
'unveiling a special version' - implies that this will be one of a numberTongue
'whilst exploring new avenues for the future' implies that this is an engineering exerciseConfused

Renault with their cards close to their corporate chest as usual.
Offline Kirsty172  
#84 Posted : 23 May 2016 19:05:56(UTC)
Kirsty172


Posts: 4,875

Originally Posted by: probecomp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
can't confuse a 1 off special limited edition, even if they do make this, with the direction and philosophy of RS going forward. if this gets made, it will be manual because that is all that is viable for a limited run vehicle with the F4RT engine. thats not rocket science.

Let's first see how limited this will actually be, shall we? One thing that doesn't make sense is to invest in producing all those added body panels, for something that's very limited. Otherwise, it will cost a fortune...

Secondly, they are explicitly saying this model will be used to test the direction and philosophy going forward Big Smile

Quote:
clio RS is DCT

Except for, looks like, this one Wink

Quote:
megane GT is DCT
Alpine will be DCT
megane RS (to come) will be DCT

Megane GT is not RS. I anticipate the Megane and the Alpine will both have manual and DCT options, new Megane RS for sure. They'd be crazy to not cover all bases (again) and they've been openly voicing those concerns as well. Remains to be seen Wink


good point you make about the expensive body panels. you're right, they'll never make it. my argument wins then i guess.
Offline Slam  
#85 Posted : 23 May 2016 19:35:01(UTC)
Slam


Posts: 398

To put things into perspective. The car has a Megane engine , with some plastic body kit add ons, which in this global market , won't cost the earth to manufacture. The engines will be old stock from the soon to no more mk3 Megane. Why wouldn't Renault do this. Sounds good to me.
The clio has always had an underpowered engine. The mk3's only issue was the lack of power. If this makes production, I'll order one straight away.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#86 Posted : 23 May 2016 20:12:45(UTC)
Buffalo Girls


Posts: 1,787

It sounds like a one-off. Having said that, the Clio V6 in 1998 was also shown as a 'one off'
Offline Marc_250  
#87 Posted : 23 May 2016 20:28:50(UTC)
Marc_250


Posts: 5,096

I don't think they'd have been track testing this thing if it wasn't gonna be sold in some volumes. Also again if it was just a concept they'd have produced bespoke body panels instead of the stick on Megane style.
Offline Womble  
#88 Posted : 23 May 2016 21:23:42(UTC)
Womble


Posts: 567

Can we all remember this




Offline McPhee200  
#89 Posted : 23 May 2016 23:31:24(UTC)
McPhee200


Posts: 6,910

This is exactly how the car should have looked from launch. This new thing looks the nuts and shows the current vanilla rubbish how a hot hatch should be.

This is the kind of thing Renault are good at.
Offline roystinho  
#90 Posted : 24 May 2016 06:23:03(UTC)
roystinho


Posts: 8,584

Internet is going mad for this car. It needs to be built!!!

I reckon a limited number with what is being suggested, Megane engine, manual, brembos etc. Then offer things such as the bodykit and brembos as some kind of optional extra on the face lifted 1.6 to make it more accessible (cost wise) for people
Offline roystinho  
#91 Posted : 24 May 2016 06:43:56(UTC)
roystinho


Posts: 8,584

Jeremy, will it be at Goodwood festival of speed? I've not got tickets yet but may change my mind... If you need someone to drive it up the hill :)
Offline GordiniGR  
#92 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:05:14(UTC)
GordiniGR


Posts: 49

Offline Kirsty172  
#93 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:19:14(UTC)
Kirsty172


Posts: 4,875

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think they'd have been track testing this thing if it wasn't gonna be sold in some volumes. Also again if it was just a concept they'd have produced bespoke body panels instead of the stick on Megane style.


i agree with you, maybe this has been done to get the 'ring 'record' back...?
Offline roystinho  
#94 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:24:12(UTC)
roystinho


Posts: 8,584

There's also a pic floating around with a 3rd pedal Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

UserPostedImage
Offline FramerateUK  
#95 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:34:15(UTC)
FramerateUK


Posts: 263
Location: Cardiff

Originally Posted by: probecomp Go to Quoted Post

Megane GT is not RS. I anticipate the Megane and the Alpine will both have manual and DCT options, new Megane RS for sure. They'd be crazy to not cover all bases (again) and they've been openly voicing those concerns as well. Remains to be seen Wink


I'd be very surprised if the Alpine had a manual option. Given it's said it'll be a 1.8l version of the Clio engine mated to a EDC box (mounted in a traverse mid-engine layout), they'd really struggle to get a manual to fit properly. The likes of the Lotus Elise have cable based gear linkeage to change gear, I just can't see them doing that when they already have a solid option in the EDC box that wouldn't require such things.
Offline Marc_250  
#96 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:39:21(UTC)
Marc_250


Posts: 5,096

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
Internet is going mad for this car. It needs to be built!!!

I reckon a limited number with what is being suggested, Megane engine, manual, brembos etc. Then offer things such as the bodykit and brembos as some kind of optional extra on the face lifted 1.6 to make it more accessible (cost wise) for people


Latest pics also show what look like the two piece front discs setup from the Trophy-R ring pack.

Defo 1 full blown mental/showcase/high cost model then as you say they'll filter some bits and bobs down to the facelift/normal models as can be seen with the standard brakes showing in some pics.
Offline MarkPDoyle  
#97 Posted : 24 May 2016 07:54:58(UTC)
MarkPDoyle


Posts: 163

Originally Posted by: GordiniGR Go to Quoted Post


Looking at those pictures it's got an Akrapovic exhaust as well. If they build this car and it's got all of the things mentioned I can't see it being under 30k
Offline NattyRS  
#98 Posted : 24 May 2016 08:49:25(UTC)
NattyRS


Posts: 54

Whatever they decide to do..this surely must give them a great idea of what people want.....I have got a feeling they also trying to get a feel for what they should do with the new megane RS because at the end of the day thats where the real pressure is.....with rivals such as the Focus RS and the new civic type R, ther front line of the battle is with Megane really!!! so as much as id would want one if they did make the clio with all these things people have mentioned, I think I would rather save my money and wait for the Meg MK4...I mean is this clio goes into production could you imagine what the new Meg will be like......in any case am excited by both...can't wait for monaco now :)
Offline X98 Trophy  
#99 Posted : 24 May 2016 08:50:48(UTC)
X98 Trophy


Posts: 52

I think (or hope) that RenaultSport will start as of this weekend with a customizing program for all newly ordered and also for all the existing/sold Clio 4 RS cars. I guess they will sell in KITs. That is what I think, but maybe it is never going to happen, however I think it would be a brilliant idee. On the top end there will be a few 4 RS cars with the F4RT's and manual until they have enough new F4RT engines, but for the EDC equipped Trophy's for example we will be able to purchase factory approved tuning parts (up tp 245-250 hp) and body kits, big brake kits, wheels and more and more things for all the Clio 4 RS cars. For me that sounds very logical after they said:

"This Clio R.S. refines the expertise of Renault Sport engineers whilst exploring new avenues for the future" - new adventures :)

and "Serious business to begin in a few days at the Monaco Grand-Prix. Sure thing, we all already excited to properly introduce it to you!"

and that is how I understand they comment on my and on other's feedback on Facebook as well, like "...You made all of the Trophy buyers (like me) super happy... great

Renault Sport said: Hi George and Daniel do not jump to conclusions, wait the Monaco Grand-Prix wink hangulatjel
Wink

Sure, who knows, but in my opinion it would be just a brilliant idee. They would become their own aftermarket tuning company...

I think that is what KZ-01 stands for :)

Fingers crossed :)


Offline WB83  
#100 Posted : 24 May 2016 09:36:54(UTC)
WB83


Posts: 3,041

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
There's also a pic floating around with a 3rd pedal Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

UserPostedImage



Excellent, I'd seen that too. Thank god they've ditched the autoBig Smile

Curious that all this is being leaked via a random Greek site? Renault must be a bit annoyed!
Users browsing this topic
15 Pages«<23456>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.