Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ttpsm2  
#26 Posted : 10 August 2016 09:24:44(UTC)
ttpsm2

indemnity form was not attached to the email, anyone have a link

also, assume you cannot wear shorts?
Offline AndyP  
#27 Posted : 10 August 2016 09:29:44(UTC)
AndyP

They have the forms available at sign in.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#28 Posted : 11 August 2016 06:28:43(UTC)
Jeremy

Offline KellysHeros  
#29 Posted : 11 August 2016 06:57:27(UTC)
KellysHeros

Great pics Jeremy and team. Many thanks again for another superbly organised day with much fun.
Offline JP3  
#30 Posted : 11 August 2016 09:07:14(UTC)
JP3

Thanks for the photos done great shots!
Offline Andy_T  
#31 Posted : 11 August 2016 10:01:49(UTC)
Andy_T

Great pics, but none are of mineSad

So have emailed skyviz to see if they have any, I was on track morning and afternoon and did see the photographers dotted about so may just be the thought somes pic had already been used.

Will find out hopefully as it was an awesome day!
Offline mark182  
#32 Posted : 11 August 2016 18:18:49(UTC)
mark182

Thanks Jeremy, some great pics.
Offline olliep396  
#33 Posted : 04 January 2017 20:11:21(UTC)
olliep396

Finally got round to up loading videos of 02/08/16 bedford renaultsport trackday.
it was my first track day and hope fully the start of many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDJ57YlXNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4_NATbA2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuNs5Ol4SU
Offline eccentric1  
#34 Posted : 05 January 2017 11:22:38(UTC)
eccentric1

A couple of numpty questions here, sorry in advance:

OllieP396 You talk about fitting track tyres, specifically Yokohama ADO8R but I don't find these in Clio Trophy size of 205/40/18, but they are in 205/45/17 ..... which size are you using, the 17" or a different width?
I guess you have them ready mounted on a separate set of rims? Do you swap them before and drive there on them or swap them at the track?

The next really numpty question is about clothing, mainly in general as opposed to in Bedford, in fact at the moment quite specifically about Le Mans for 2017; are helmets, gloves or anything else compulsory, or perhaps even recommended?

It's many years since I was on a track other than for go-karting and that was one of those half days where you start(ed) in a GTi type of car with an instructor and then swapped into a single seater at Mallory Park. Of course for that it was overalls, gloves, helmets ... etc.

Edited by user 05 January 2017 11:24:28(UTC)  | Reason: Correction(2)

Offline del115  
#35 Posted : 05 January 2017 12:00:27(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
A couple of numpty questions here, sorry in advance:

OllieP396 You talk about fitting track tyres, specifically Yokohama ADO8R but I don't find these in Clio Trophy size of 205/40/18, but they are in 205/45/17 ..... which size are you using, the 17" or a different width?
I guess you have them ready mounted on a separate set of rims? Do you swap them before and drive there on them or swap them at the track?

The next really numpty question is about clothing, mainly in general as opposed to in Bedford, in fact at the moment quite specifically about Le Mans for 2017; are helmets, gloves or anything else compulsory, or perhaps even recommended?

Eccentric1
Tyre size on the Trophy is a PITA with only 2 real tyre choices available - the PSS it came with or Dunlop RT2.
If you want a much better choice then you will need to get 17" rims.
I use Prorace 1.2 17x7.5 ET50 - car looks and rides much better IMHO with this size rim.
Owing to my brake upgrade I run on these all the time so I have stayed with the Michelin and use 205-45-17 PSS.
Not of course an out and out TD tyre but very capable in most conditions.
Obviously I use these to, from and on track.

Only mandatory requirement for the track is a helmet (open or full face) with balaclava and gloves being optional albeit recommended by most.
In addition nearly all TD organizers requires that arm and legs are covered - so no shorts or t-shirts but overalls are optional.
Renault France also require you to produce a valid drivers license and insurance at sign on.

Well worth you considering Le Mans - The Bugatti circuit is quite technical and very quick.
Used mainly for bikes so the kerbs are painted - flat as opposed to rumble strips.