Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline hufggfg  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2016 14:45:14(UTC)
hufggfg

I've had 3 Renaultsport cars over the last 10 years (R26, R26.R & Trophy 275), they've have all been absolutely brilliant fun to drive, which is exactly what's kept me coming back to them after trying other things (and having other fun cars). However, (specifically talking about the 275 here) there are other areas in which it really is woeful. As far as I can think, all the bugbears are really all the "normal" Renault parts, but they certainly do detract from how excellent the car is in other ways.

It's funny really, all the things are super small, and nothing that would stop me buying a car, but they just scream at a lack of attention to detail from engineers, particularly those doing any kind of consumer testing to iron out issues.

Things such as:
- Oh my word the voice recognition is bad, I mean comically bad. It takes so long to do anything, and gets it wrong most of the time it is quicker to just do it yourself. If you're going to bother putting it on the car, do it properly.
- Why is cruise control not available when in Sport mode? All this does is frustrate for no apparent purpose
- When you have Bluetooth set to auto-update from the phone, EVERY time you get in the car you get the message symbol pop up in the monitor to tell you it has updated... So every time you need to click into your messages and clear it.
- Very restricted TomTom settings and options relative to an actual TomTom unit. (Such as the ability to switch off the binging for average speed cameras).

I'm sure there are many more small things I could list if thinking about it, and of course these are all tiny, it's just so frustrating that for a car where it does one thing so very well, the attention to detail in other areas just isn't there!

Oh, and if you fancy a laugh at a Renault dealer, when talking to a service department today the lad on the end of the phone said "Oh the Trophy, those are great, the Harmon Kardon exhaust really makes it sounds fruity"... I think the poor guy was a little confused, make me chuckle.
Offline Slam  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2016 19:52:06(UTC)
Slam

You telling me you haven't had the Harmon Kardon trophy upgrade ?
Sounds amazing, plus you get a get sticker.
Offline mark@rawlinson  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2016 10:39:33(UTC)
mark@rawlinson

Originally Posted by: hufggfg Go to Quoted Post

Oh, and if you fancy a laugh at a Renault dealer, when talking to a service department today the lad on the end of the phone said "Oh the Trophy, those are great, the Harmon Kardon exhaust really makes it sounds fruity"... I think the poor guy was a little confused, make me chuckle.

HAHA what a fool! everyone knows Renault fit BOSE these days to the exhausts...

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#4 Posted : 01 September 2016 13:59:46(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Slam Go to Quoted Post
You telling me you haven't had the Harmon Kardon trophy upgrade ?
Sounds amazing, plus you get a get sticker.

LOL A Freudian slip I think now that the majority of cars do actually have the sound piped in via the speakersLOL
Offline Slam  
#5 Posted : 01 September 2016 17:43:22(UTC)
Slam

One day you'll sit in a little pod and then itunes will feed you old school engines noises as you are wafted along on a sea of steam and soy based propulsion soap. By this Renault sport will be making spacecraft. The megane will be available with manual hyper drive and the stupid rear doors scrapped for tiny viewports !!!

19 inch landing gear will not bring scorn from the 18 inch fans. Who insist the is ride better.

The future looks bright my dear friends. ...

Edited by user 01 September 2016 17:45:41(UTC)  | Reason: Zog did it.

Offline steering1  
#6 Posted : 01 September 2016 18:31:52(UTC)
steering1

The ride is definetely worse but direct steering , response, sharpness and feedback are much better on 19''. It depends on what kind of road you are moving on.

Edited by user 01 September 2016 18:40:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified