Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#26 Posted : 17 September 2016 12:25:55(UTC)
Roblynn1977

I've had 7 RS models and 1 Renault over the last 15 years and have always received brilliant service from Renault dealerships Service from Harratts ( both pontefract and Wakefield) Sales at Wolverhampton and body work at the now closed Brian Leightons. Has everything always gone perfectly no but when something has happened it's been dealt with quickly and professionally. The one time I've had to ring customer services again dealt with quickly and professionally.
There are good dealers are out there the problem is they do not normally get praise on here as people don't tend to say when they have had good service be wise that's what they expect, but when some one cocks up people look for places to vent there frustration. Would the op have ever posted on here if the car was repaired correctly and professionally in the 1st place ?

Just the view of a irregular poster
Offline g7egt  
#27 Posted : 17 September 2016 20:15:50(UTC)
g7egt

I think he had a bit of a point as it was not a one off just a continued bad experience which needed to be shared. Yes there are good dealers.
Offline baigent  
#28 Posted : 13 October 2016 16:31:29(UTC)
baigent

I'm going to start this update by listing some of the issues that the Trophy has come back with, after another 6 weeks of work to correct the problems initially caused by Renault Orpington body shop.

The car still needs to go back to Renault for a number of faults and also now needs a professional detailer to correct the damage caused to the clear coat by poor wash/polishing process.

I would have liked to not be in a position to write this update but as it stands Renault has lost me as a customer, this will be my last Renault (Sport) vehicle.

- The Trophy plaque (on the door sill) was damaged during initial repair, replacement fitted to vehicle is also damaged, needs a third replacement, due to it being a replacement, it's now not numbered.

- USB socket no longer charges, this was checked during the time it was with Renault and I was told it was 'working fine' given this is the main function of the socket, it's disappointing this wasn't picked up. Probably needs a new socket plate, could be more serious.

- Tyre pressure sensor warning is activated, this is the same as it was when the vehicle went back to Renault, when collected it was reset, lasted about 5 miles until it activated again.

- The damaged panels have been resprayed again and the finish is better (it came back with fish eyes initially) unfortunately the car is now covered in swirls, scratches and holograms. I'll need to have the car fully corrected by a professional detailer to bring the paintwork back to the condition it was in when it was first booked in with Renault Orpington (i.e new)

- The passenger side alloys were initially refurbished during the repair by a 3rd party, the job was poor, peeling lacquer, matt black paint instead of gloss and pits at the cut points that would have rusted during the winter months, when the gritters come out. Renault replaced these with brand new units which was nice to see, unfortunately they've kerbed both drivers side alloys.

There's only so much patience one person can have. Renault have offered me £500 and my next two services 'for free'.

I was told that I was getting this offer and that I shouldn't try to 'talk it up'.

I've accepted what Renault has given me, which is a goodwill offer that doesn't cover the cost of bringing the vehicle back to the condition it was in 3 months ago, sub standard customer service, a generic apology and a 7 month old vehicle with a number of issues that have ruined the ownership experience and will probably lead to me losing out in the long term, but hey, I'm just a customer, it's what I should expect.

Edited by user 13 October 2016 17:10:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline baigent  
#29 Posted : 12 September 2017 20:25:06(UTC)
baigent

It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. I would like to thank Jeremy, Lee and everyone at Renault London West for their support and patience in resolving this for me. Renault does care about their customer experience and I've been lucky to have been looked after. The Trophy is back to it's best and I've been able to fully enjoy it. Thanks Renault, looking forward to my next RS (most likely a Megane Trophy in early 2019) hint, hint.
Offline titian  
#30 Posted : 12 September 2017 20:45:19(UTC)
titian

Nice to hear
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#31 Posted : 12 September 2017 21:27:28(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: baigent Go to Quoted Post
It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. I would like to thank Jeremy, Lee and everyone at Renault London West for their support and patience in resolving this for me. Renault does care about their customer experience and I've been lucky to have been looked after. The Trophy is back to it's best and I've been able to fully enjoy it. Thanks Renault, looking forward to my next RS (most likely a Megane Trophy in early 2019) hint, hint.

Thanks for posting an update

Offline Georgeski  
#32 Posted : 13 September 2017 06:46:45(UTC)
Georgeski

Great to hear.
Offline sunnylunn  
#33 Posted : 13 September 2017 19:45:42(UTC)
sunnylunn

glad you've got it sorted mate, its sometimes a case of speaking to the right person to get these issues resolved, i for one wouldn't go near Renault Orpington, they don't seem to know or care how to treat customers.
Offline BLADESBLOOD  
#34 Posted : 13 September 2017 19:51:33(UTC)
BLADESBLOOD

Dread the day if my 2yr old 275 trophy ever has to go into a dealership.Hope Harratts Wakefield are good.Sad
The peak of customer service is a minute before you pay , the trough follows immediately after.
I just can't get over my 17000 miles car being sent out of the dealer with £50 tyres on the front.Can't be right surely.Suppose it's a lack of dealer pride.Ahem