Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2017 17:47:38(UTC)
Georgeski

Offline Kirsty172  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2017 17:49:40(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post

.........if you're very very boring!
Offline Georgeski  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2017 18:35:35(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

Possibly I am - always been a massive fan of Japanese cars.
Offline CraigI  
#4 Posted : 12 January 2017 20:56:34(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

Ordering one Kirsty?
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#5 Posted : 12 January 2017 22:08:55(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

No thank you
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#6 Posted : 12 January 2017 22:14:53(UTC)
MrVix

Can't say it floats my boat, much prefer the Fiat 500 Abarth.
Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 13 January 2017 09:49:48(UTC)
Georgeski

A new manual hot hatch has to be a good thing, gives greater choice. Not keen on the looks from the front, but the rear looks great.
#8 Posted : 13 January 2017 11:39:09(UTC)
MrVix

A new manual hot hatch has to be a good thing, gives greater choice. Not keen on the looks from the front, but the rear looks great.

Can't argue with the 'Manual' point and it is good to see it being offered in a 3 door too, not sure that the Yaris shape lends it self to being 'Hot Hatched' thoughConfused

I would like to see Toyota bung some more power and development into their GT86 as I think they could be onto a winner if they get that right at a good price pointSmile
Offline Georgeski  
#9 Posted : 08 March 2017 11:20:54(UTC)
Georgeski

The details given so far make this sound quite promising:
http://www.pistonheads.c...-grmn--geneva-2017/35889
Offline Georgeski  
#10 Posted : 08 March 2017 15:44:13(UTC)
Georgeski

Supercharged
Torsen diff
Sachs dampers
Manual
Class leading 0-60
#11 Posted : 08 March 2017 16:15:41(UTC)
MrVix

Supercharged
Torsen diff
Sachs dampers
Manual
Class leading 0-60

Another manufacturer moving into the 'proper' hot hatch sector that Renaultsport have vacatedConfused

Lets hope it is a cracker.
Offline Georgeski  
#12 Posted : 08 March 2017 16:59:54(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Supercharged
Torsen diff
Sachs dampers
Manual
Class leading 0-60

Another manufacturer moving into the 'proper' hot hatch sector that Renaultsport have vacatedConfused

Lets hope it is a cracker.

Not sure manual is the only thing that defines a 'proper' hot hatch, but I suppose if you don't want DSG then it is nice to see another car with manual. The engine certainly sounds more exciting that the 3 cylinder unit in the Fiesta ST. The seats look quite nice too!

Edited by user 08 March 2017 17:06:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Georgeski  
#13 Posted : 14 March 2017 12:56:16(UTC)
Georgeski

Offline rich_y2  
#14 Posted : 14 March 2017 13:14:03(UTC)
rich_y2

http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/blog/surrender-monkeys-ph-blog/35909

I'm definitely in the 'hardcore' lost category for Renault Sport, I owned 3 of the last gen 197/200's (and a 172 Cup in there at some point as well) and thought they were possibly the best performance cars I've ever owned, punched well above their weight and held their own by most measurements... sadly I'm also in the camp that the current model just isn't cutting it and I'm agreeing with the blog comments...I'm sure it's a good car but it's (for me) no longer a great car. I'm making do with a Fiesta ST at the moment with the Mountune 215 pack which is a close 2nd to my old Clio's, defo up on performance and still an engine that likes to be worked hard but still falls down in some areas compared to the old 200's for me. I'm thinking the next hot hatch for me could be the Yaris but again it's not going to tick all the boxes, looks are very subjective but if it drives, stops and handles like it promises then it could be a winner. I still suspect Renault do the best chassis, just needs the rest of the package to come up to spec!

Offline WB83  
#15 Posted : 14 March 2017 17:35:53(UTC)
WB83

Originally Posted by: rich_y2 Go to Quoted Post

I'm definitely in the 'hardcore' lost category for Renault Sport, I owned 3 of the last gen 197/200's (and a 172 Cup in there at some point as well) and thought they were possibly the best performance cars I've ever owned, punched well above their weight and held their own by most measurements... sadly I'm also in the camp that the current model just isn't cutting it and I'm agreeing with the blog comments...I'm sure it's a good car but it's (for me) no longer a great car. I'm making do with a Fiesta ST at the moment with the Mountune 215 pack which is a close 2nd to my old Clio's, defo up on performance and still an engine that likes to be worked hard but still falls down in some areas compared to the old 200's for me. I'm thinking the next hot hatch for me could be the Yaris but again it's not going to tick all the boxes, looks are very subjective but if it drives, stops and handles like it promises then it could be a winner. I still suspect Renault do the best chassis, just needs the rest of the package to come up to spec!

Well said that man.

I'm loving the sound of the hot Yaris, although given their WRC success they've missed a trick by not calling it Jari's Yaris Wink

Offline Georgeski  
#16 Posted : 14 March 2017 17:44:34(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post

Well said that man.

I'm loving the sound of the hot Yaris, although given their WRC success they've missed a trick by not calling it Jari's Yaris Wink

I like the look of it too - always had a soft spot for Japanese performance cars.
Offline CraigI  
#17 Posted : 14 March 2017 22:48:47(UTC)
CraigI

Get yourself a Megane 250 - 275.
The best Renaultsport's released to date.
Offline rich_y2  
#18 Posted : 15 March 2017 09:11:57(UTC)
rich_y2

I'm looking on auto trader almost daily for a Megane as I think you're probably right, also hoping the next one isn't a watered down effort, other manufacturers are showing their commitment to making fairly hardcore halo hot hatches and Renault should have something in the line up to at least March if not move the game on again...
Offline CraigI  
#19 Posted : 15 March 2017 15:28:09(UTC)
CraigI

Renault are still making the kind of concepts that draw us all to the brand.
The RS16 Clio and the Zoe E-Sport are exactly why Renault are great.
Couple that with the Alpine (which looks amazing and on paper should drive very well too, despite the flappy's) and I still have high hopes for them releasing the kind of cars we all love.
If they don't then we either keep the older versions of cars they have released (the Megane will still be able to hold its own up against any of these new hot hatches), or we move on in the difficult search for something that even comes close, however, it wouldn't be to a Yaris for me.........

Edited by user 15 March 2017 15:29:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marc_250  
#20 Posted : 23 January 2018 20:26:51(UTC)
Marc_250

Seems to be well received but 26 grand and apparently 'all sold', who knew there were 600 Toyota Yaris enthusiasts out there. Price is running the CTRs, New Meganes of this world a bit close for me. + it looks like one of my trainers.
Offline Georgeski  
#21 Posted : 23 January 2018 20:42:28(UTC)
Georgeski

I still quite like it to be fair and it is getting great reviews. Pity I'm not a millionaire and can add one to my collection......