Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Penn  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2017 15:49:43(UTC)
Penn

Thoughts?

http://www.autocar.co.uk...a-st-officially-revealed

UserPostedImage

Looks great and the engine sounds very interesting indeed.

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2017 16:22:46(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Looks good apart from the awful wheels
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2017 16:44:45(UTC)
MrVix

Yes the wheels don't do it any favours but I will be surprised if it doesn't maintain its position as the benchmark in this sector by some margin.
Offline foxspeed  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2017 18:17:35(UTC)
foxspeed

wow! a bloke on a bmx can keep up with it Blush must be in 2cly mode Clown
Offline Rem261  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2017 20:32:47(UTC)
Rem261

Hi
I maybe mistaken but Is there anyway I got remove a user so I don't see any of there posts please ?
I don't post a lot of messages on here but really like reading the posts and have got used to seeing certain users posting and look forward to what they have to say and they have seem to have great knowledge . Unfortunately there is a particular user MR VIX who is really spoiling my enjoyment of the forum . To the point where I know longer continue to read the threads because he seems to spoil them all and kill them stone dead .
Offline Rem261  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2017 20:33:53(UTC)
Rem261

By the way ,
Those wheels are truly dreadful !!
Offline roystinho  
#7 Posted : 24 February 2017 21:26:43(UTC)
roystinho

They'll sell bucketloads. I'm sure, like the current one, it will be a very good car, just not for me
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#8 Posted : 24 February 2017 21:58:34(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: Rem261 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
I maybe mistaken but Is there anyway I got remove a user so I don't see any of there posts please ?
I don't post a lot of messages on here but really like reading the posts and have got used to seeing certain users posting and look forward to what they have to say and they have seem to have great knowledge . Unfortunately there is a particular user MR VIX who is really spoiling my enjoyment of the forum . To the point where I know longer continue to read the threads because he seems to spoil them all and kill them stone dead .

Hi - quite simple this. Click on a user's name and you'll see the option to 'Hide User's Posts'. Click on that and you can continue to enjoy the forum without having to read posts from those who are spoiling it for you.
Offline Kirsty172  
#9 Posted : 25 February 2017 00:09:19(UTC)
Kirsty172

Hi

seriously? put me on ignore too please - its a forum, its for sharing views, whether you like them or not...

on the new ST - looks nice, not too much of a change, not sure about the new rear, doesn't look quite right but perhaps it's not quite so bad in the flesh. hope the engine makes it even lighter. hope they retain the excellent chassis. will be interesting to see the mods and remaps available.

as everyone said, not changed dramatically so this will still continue to sell like hot cars. like the colour - focus RS should have been available in that colour!!!!!!
Offline eccentric1  
#10 Posted : 25 February 2017 06:48:10(UTC)
eccentric1

There's quite a bit to like about the looks of it. Is that a long windscreen that almost turns into a sunroof?

Hate the wheels and I would hope they've dumped that so-called top of the range option of Sony stereo that I just couldn't wrap my head around.
Even more pleased now that I didn't buy the older one end of last year.

Edit: Nothing wrong with differing viewpoints on a forum. Makes for healthy discussion and sometimes even a bit of fun.

Edited by user 25 February 2017 06:50:49(UTC)  | Reason: Differing viewpoints

Offline titian  
#11 Posted : 25 February 2017 07:24:06(UTC)
titian

Let's build another bog standard car with not much effort put into it, with awful suspension and not get anywhere near up to date tech, then we can say it's a drivers car and everyone will fall for it, think we shall call it the fiesta St.I think Ford has lost it's mojo ,that's coming from someone who's had the majority of rs Ford's over the years.
Offline titian  
#12 Posted : 25 February 2017 07:26:26(UTC)
titian

Hi

Have to agree
Offline Georgeski  
#13 Posted : 25 February 2017 08:30:54(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
Hi

seriously? put me on ignore too please - its a forum, its for sharing views, whether you like them or not...

on the new ST - looks nice, not too much of a change, not sure about the new rear, doesn't look quite right but perhaps it's not quite so bad in the flesh. hope the engine makes it even lighter. hope they retain the excellent chassis. will be interesting to see the mods and remaps available.

as everyone said, not changed dramatically so this will still continue to sell like hot cars. like the colour - focus RS should have been available in that colour!!!!!!

Agree regarding the colour, I like it a lot. It might be like the Focus though, where they unveil it in a colour that it isn't subsequently available in.....
Offline sunnylunn  
#14 Posted : 25 February 2017 08:44:09(UTC)
sunnylunn

doesn't really stand out from a standard one for me, hope they've sorted the ride out, it'll sell well regardless.
Offline Clioconvert  
#15 Posted : 25 February 2017 09:09:43(UTC)
Clioconvert

I was expecting more power? They seem to want to keep making the engines smaller and highly strung. I would have thought around 210 or 220 BHP would have been the way they would have gone.
Offline Penn  
#16 Posted : 25 February 2017 09:23:04(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
There's quite a bit to like about the looks of it. Is that a long windscreen that almost turns into a sunroof?

Hate the wheels and I would hope they've dumped that so-called top of the range option of Sony stereo that I just couldn't wrap my head around.
Even more pleased now that I didn't buy the older one end of last year.

Edit: Nothing wrong with differing viewpoints on a forum. Makes for healthy discussion and sometimes even a bit of fun.

New Fiesta has a 'high-end' B&O stereo as an option.
Offline Penn  
#17 Posted : 25 February 2017 09:25:44(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: Clioconvert Go to Quoted Post
I was expecting more power? They seem to want to keep making the engines smaller and highly strung. I would have thought around 210 or 220 BHP would have been the way they would have gone.

Suspect Mountune will bring the power as an optional extra, really is a superior upgrade model to other manufacturers.
#18 Posted : 25 February 2017 09:53:11(UTC)
MrVix

Hi

Oh dear, I do apologise if I have impinged on your sensibilities, just for the record I will not be barring your posts as I find them particularly amusing lol
Offline sunnylunn  
#19 Posted : 25 February 2017 10:35:31(UTC)
sunnylunn

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Hi

Oh dear, I do apologise if I have impinged on your sensibilities, just for the record I will not be barring your posts as I find them particularly amusing lol

shame the same can't be said about yours LOL Wink another cracking thread. Anyhow, who signed those wheels off, worst i've seen on any car i think
Offline Marc_250  
#20 Posted : 25 February 2017 11:16:41(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Thoughts?

meh...
Offline foxspeed  
#21 Posted : 25 February 2017 11:23:45(UTC)
foxspeed

think the wheels are pants to be honest Dead

just hope its better put together & finished than the last one Blush

not exactly a revolution more an evolution - its got it were it needed it most the interior!

this downsizing is getting a bit stupid be better rightsizing which some manufacturers are just realising
#22 Posted : 25 February 2017 15:33:04(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Hi

shame the same can't be said about yours LOL Wink another cracking thread. Anyhow, who signed those wheels off, worst i've seen on any car i think

Last I heard from you was that you were one of the blinkered few that that put me on the 'barred list' lol

Curiosity obviously got the better of you, make your mind up lol
Offline sunnylunn  
#23 Posted : 25 February 2017 16:23:44(UTC)
sunnylunn

you didn't hear from me, you read it on a post you were trolling 😂 To be honest I couldn't be bothered to look you up to put you on the barred list, although I know a lot have😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
#24 Posted : 25 February 2017 16:36:15(UTC)
MrVix

Well at least you are being honest, I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.
Offline sunnylunn  
#25 Posted : 25 February 2017 16:37:33(UTC)
sunnylunn

Oh my, thanks, that means a lot😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂