Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:21:05(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

So I bought a mint low mileage run out special E92 M3. It is the Frozen Silver Edition of which only 100 were made. All have the Frozen silver paint (obviously), which doesn't photograph well but looks pretty amazing in the flesh, it has a very slight greenish blue tint to it and the matte effect is quite subtle.

As part of that edition it also has a lot of carbon fibre (real not effect) trim in the interior and an Alcantara trimmed steering wheel which is nice. It does have M Power stitched on the handbrake too which looks like an Ebay counterfeit special, pretty terrible, but it was part of the pack so I doubt I will change it. The competition pack also came as standard, so the ride height is 10mm lower, it has the CSL style wheels and electronic damper control.

It was also specced with every optional extra that was available I believe, including the smoking pack which has never been used....... I can send emails directly from the car if I was so inclined. It is nice to use iDrive again, which for me is the best of the manufacturers UI. Not much else to say apart from the motorsport derived 4 litre V8 sounds incredible when you rev it out to the red line at 8500 rpm.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 24 April 2017 19:23:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:29:30(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Very nice indeed Georgeski, a proper M car and the last of the n/a masterpieces, I love itBig Smile

A classic in the makingTongue

Go on then tell us how muchWink
Offline Georgeski  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:39:49(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Very nice indeed Georgeski, a proper M car and the last of the n/a masterpieces, I love itBig Smile

A classic in the makingTongue

Go on then tell us how muchWink


I'll PM you.

The market is already warming up for mint low mileage examples - they were going within an hour of being advertised.

It is a great car, feels very much like a mans car as the steering is quite heavy and the brakes need firm use. It absolutely comes alive at speed and every drive feels like an occasion.

Edited by user 24 April 2017 19:47:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CraigI  
#4 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:47:37(UTC)
CraigI


Posts: 988

Love the colour and the wheels, and there is nothing quite like an NA V8 at high revs.

Were these all auto?
I think it would be even better as a manual......
That's why I fell out of love with my RS5, cars like these should be manual!!!
Offline Georgeski  
#5 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:51:08(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Love the colour and the wheels, and there is nothing quite like an NA V8 at high revs.

Were these all auto?
I think it would be even better as a manual......
That's why I fell out of love with my RS5, cars like these should be manual!!!


Thanks Craig, the colour is much much better than in those photos.

I'm pretty certain you're right that the frozen edition were all DCT. To be honest I really wanted to get back into a decent auto - nice and lazy for driving around and then put into manual for fast drives.

The manual in the M3 is meant to be quite clunky and rubbery at low speeds and only really any good when being driven hard.

Edited by user 24 April 2017 19:53:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#6 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:52:14(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

I remember driving one when I purchased the C63 and I was impressed.

Sounds like top $ but I am sure you will have done your research.

As you say I think the market will look very fondly on these fabulous naturally aspirated behemoths in the years to come. I certainly wasn't impressed by the M4 I had on loan briefly last year, you cant beat an n/a engine imo but sadly its days are numbered.

Edited by user 24 April 2017 20:06:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 24 April 2017 19:58:48(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
I remember driving one when I purchased the C63 and I was impressed.

Sounds like top $ but I am sure you will have done your research.

As you say I think the market will look very fondly on these fabulous naturally aspirated behemoths in the years to come. I certainly wasn't impressed by the M4 I had on loan briefly last year, you cant beat an n/a engine imo but sadly its days are numbered.


Yep, that was top dollar. A lot of M3's were sold, so there are ones available to suit every budget. But I did do a lot of research and I wanted a keeper. The limited edition plaque that comes with it is pretty terrible, very cheap, so much so that the last owner (the purchaser) didn't have the heart to actually stick it in the car. It was in an envelope from the factory in the glovebox.

I have always wanted a C63 and always thought they looked great, but I think they are starting to look slightly dated, whereas the E92 still looks quite good IMO.

Edited by user 24 April 2017 20:11:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#8 Posted : 24 April 2017 20:09:06(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Sorry Georgeski just deleted the figure, posts must have clashed.

Sometimes it is worth paying top $ to get what you want. If it is a keeper I would say it is money well spentSmile
Offline Georgeski  
#9 Posted : 24 April 2017 20:12:33(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Sorry Georgeski just deleted the figure, posts must have clashed.

Sometimes it is worth paying top $ to get what you want. If it is a keeper I would say it is money well spentSmile


Thanks.

I certainly am hoping it is a keeper - if I ever sell it it will be for financial reasons, not because I don't like it.
Offline Marc_250  
#10 Posted : 24 April 2017 20:31:38(UTC)
Marc_250


Posts: 5,118

Very nice, good luck keeping the miles of it.
Offline WB83  
#11 Posted : 25 April 2017 10:50:56(UTC)
WB83


Posts: 3,041

Very nice
Offline g10far  
#12 Posted : 25 April 2017 13:37:50(UTC)
g10far


Posts: 36

Big dislike, now I need one! Looks mega, get some AP's on it and get it on track!!!!!
Offline Georgeski  
#13 Posted : 25 April 2017 14:38:54(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Haha, she is never seeing the track Gio!
Offline John_walker74  
#14 Posted : 25 April 2017 16:19:35(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

It would be a good laugh on track.
Offline Penn  
#15 Posted : 25 April 2017 19:05:31(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

Love it, great choice!
Offline roystinho  
#16 Posted : 26 April 2017 21:40:07(UTC)
roystinho


Posts: 8,584

Very nice
Offline Penn  
#17 Posted : 29 April 2017 07:32:03(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

Saw one of these round the corner from me the other day (assume you weren't in Leicestershire). The matt paint does look great.
Offline Georgeski  
#18 Posted : 29 April 2017 07:36:42(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

No, it wasn't me. I'm not normally a fan of matte paint, but it's quite subtle and does look good.
Offline Penn  
#19 Posted : 29 April 2017 07:37:41(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

Really looks good against the black wheels, too.
Offline Georgeski  
#20 Posted : 29 April 2017 07:50:53(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Really looks good against the black wheels, too.


Thanks Penn - how's the Merc and fatherhood?
Offline eccentric1  
#21 Posted : 29 April 2017 09:21:48(UTC)
eccentric1


Posts: 648
Location: In exile in Bavaria

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, have fun.
Offline Penn  
#22 Posted : 29 April 2017 14:44:02(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Really looks good against the black wheels, too.


Thanks Penn - how's the Merc and fatherhood?


The Merc went back in October as I changed jobs, hence the new order for the 330e. Have been rocking a Skoda superb since (and I dislike it a lot)!

Fatherhood is amazing, genuinely love it and my son is already well into cars. He sat there the other morning on the iPad selecting and watching YouTube car videos (he's 16 months now) 😄
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#23 Posted : 30 April 2017 08:43:25(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Saw one of these round the corner from me the other day (assume you weren't in Leicestershire). The matt paint does look great.


Funnily enough I saw one on Friday afternoon and it did look very special indeed, you have made a good purchase there GeorgeskiBig Smile
Offline Georgeski  
#24 Posted : 30 April 2017 09:56:45(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Really looks good against the black wheels, too.


Thanks Penn - how's the Merc and fatherhood?


The Merc went back in October as I changed jobs, hence the new order for the 330e. Have been rocking a Skoda superb since (and I dislike it a lot)!

Fatherhood is amazing, genuinely love it and my son is already well into cars. He sat there the other morning on the iPad selecting and watching YouTube car videos (he's 16 months now) 😄


My son shows a slight interest in my cars, but doesn't really seem particularly bothered in general - I'll keep on trying though!!
Offline Georgeski  
#25 Posted : 30 April 2017 09:57:43(UTC)
Georgeski


Posts: 4,559

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Saw one of these round the corner from me the other day (assume you weren't in Leicestershire). The matt paint does look great.


Funnily enough I saw one on Friday afternoon and it did look very special indeed, you have made a good purchase there GeorgeskiBig Smile


To say only 100 were made, quite a few seem to be either for sale or on the road being used,
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.