Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jeffreypeterwest  
#51 Posted : 26 April 2018 11:53:25(UTC)
jeffreypeterwest

I have this issue, discovered it when lying in the footwell stuffing foam up ander the dash and steering column to divert the ambient air that comes into my vehicle. Would be great if this was my only issue with this car. Doubt it will be addressed - same as the gearbox noise and the bleeping boot when opened first in handsfree mode. Dealers not investigating properly or understanding it is an issue when you drive a vehicle every day, Renault technical will get back to everybody when ... never, probably. Renault gaining market share through buying other brands rather than promoting customer loyalty.
Offline PaulR  
#52 Posted : 01 May 2018 21:06:00(UTC)
PaulR

Yeah the issues not been fixed on my side either. It went off to renault technical and I’ve not heard back since. Had the car over a year now.
Offline Broom  
#53 Posted : 28 May 2018 13:34:21(UTC)
Broom

Hello All
not sure if this is a right topic to have written in.

I am in the process of deciding between getting a 220 trophy or waiting for the Megane rs edc.
I do a fair amount of driving ( 30000 miles a year minimum) and a decent amount of the traveling is in London thats why I think the edc will suit better.

Would any of you recommend the trophy for this type of diving? I have a company car but we have the option to take car allowance now and I just want a more enjoyable car to drive as I spend a little bit of Time in my car.

cheers

Edited by user 28 May 2018 13:35:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ssimon  
#54 Posted : 28 May 2018 14:22:17(UTC)
ssimon

I have a 200EDC and drive in London and think it's brilliant. I know the journos say the edc is too slow, but in unpredictable traffic situations , it will be quicker to change gear than you. Also, as it changes down when you brake, it's more likely to be in the right gear. On the standard 200 the suspension is supple not harsh.

Edited by user 28 May 2018 14:22:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline del115  
#55 Posted : 28 May 2018 14:42:12(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: ssimon Go to Quoted Post
I have a 200EDC and drive in London and think it's brilliant. I know the journos say the edc is too slow, but in unpredictable traffic situations , it will be quicker to change gear than you. Also, as it changes down when you brake, it's more likely to be in the right gear. On the standard 200 the suspension is supple not harsh.

I have had both a 200 and 220T.
220 is a bit stiffer sure but I never found either to be harsh or uncomfortable although thankfully I have not had to drive on the poor road surfaces that appear to be the norm in London.
Early EDC boxes were a bit hit and miss at times but later 200's and all 200T's have revised software and, especially in traffic, are great cars to drive.
Offline FramerateUK  
#56 Posted : 30 May 2018 11:43:37(UTC)
FramerateUK

I've had a 220 Trophy for 2 years and have the new Megane on order (a manual one).

The EDC was brilliant when I was back and fore to work along the motorway in heavy traffic, but the rest of the time I miss having a manual. The EDC box itself is great but I just missed the feeling of driving a manual.

The ride is quite hard though, much harder than my old Megane 250. Though it does seem to smooth out if you're going faster, but it's quite fussy when being driven slowly over bad surfaces.
Offline PaulR  
#57 Posted : 26 July 2018 14:34:42(UTC)
PaulR

Hi All,

Just to update this, I've received an update today that technical have looked into this issue and identified it is the clio's with the BOSE fitted, however they are unable to identify what is causing the bad interaction so have listed this issue as a characteristic.

I'm reaching out to BOSE next to see what their standpoint is.