Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PaulR  
#26 Posted : 13 June 2017 16:20:50(UTC)
PaulR

Cars back with me.

"A natural phenomenon with the RLINK unit"

Couldn't get a copy of the engineers notes, apparently it will be looked into when there's more people with the issue.

Anybody with cracking speaker, you need to complain - it's the only way it will get resolved.
Offline eccentric1  
#27 Posted : 13 June 2017 16:53:05(UTC)
eccentric1

Preposterous.
Offline del115  
#28 Posted : 13 June 2017 18:26:20(UTC)
del115

"A natural phenomenon with the RLINK unit"

Based on what benchmark I wonder ???
To make this type of claim the I would expect them to have documentation from Renault to support it.

If they haven't then they are just trying to fob you off.
If they have then Renault have sold something that is not fit for purpose and should be working on a remedy.

Even if it were true it would seem that it only affects (random) cars with the Bose(£££) system.
Standard Trophies, mine included, do not suffer with any hiss.

As eccentric1 says - Preposterous
Offline PaulR  
#29 Posted : 13 June 2017 18:27:20(UTC)
PaulR

I agree, £26,000 I've spent on this car and it has a cracking speaker. Very disappointed, calling RCS again tomorrow. The sticking point seems to be Renault technical.
Offline PaulR  
#30 Posted : 14 June 2017 14:24:13(UTC)
PaulR

Quick update, I've got a call on Monday after RCS contact technical to see what is going on.
Offline DanRS220  
#31 Posted : 14 June 2017 15:33:03(UTC)
DanRS220

Car is also back with me and I ‘am told it is a "characteristic of the car" and since Renault Technical cannot recommend anything else to resolve the issue I ‘am stuck but to live with it. I'm at the point now where I don't want the car pulled apart any further as it's gone in and out of the garage 5 times now. Will be very interesting to see how you get on with your call on Monday
Offline eccentric1  
#32 Posted : 14 June 2017 15:54:41(UTC)
eccentric1

Does this stupidity mean that all the rest of us without this 'feature' will have a recall to have it retro-fitted?

I'm starting a new discussion on this as only a count, who has this feature and who hasn't ......
Offline PaulR  
#33 Posted : 14 June 2017 19:24:40(UTC)
PaulR

I'll let you know the outcome of the call, I asked the garage to read the notes from the engineer to Renault technical and they suggested a CI to be raised ? Not sure what that is, assume some sort of investigation.

Most of the people in the garage have said "the noise isn't that recognisable" but it's completely different living with it, and even more frustrating when you've paid top money for a flagship product that clearly has issues.
Offline PaulR  
#34 Posted : 19 June 2017 15:56:00(UTC)
PaulR

Update, issue is under investigation in France, another update due Thursday. Fingers crossed.
Offline Tanim  
#35 Posted : 11 July 2017 08:50:31(UTC)
Tanim

All the best Paul. I'm thinking of buying mine from Lookers Newcastle instead of Evan Halshaw Sunderland after reading this up now.
Offline racing blue  
#36 Posted : 11 July 2017 13:42:41(UTC)
racing blue

Come along to Lookers on Thursday evening Tanim and see mine - got it at Lookers 2 months ago.

Offline Tanim  
#37 Posted : 11 July 2017 15:05:51(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: racing blue Go to Quoted Post
Come along to Lookers on Thursday evening Tanim and see mine - got it at Lookers 2 months ago.

I might do actually! I've got the invite from Nicola Wood. What time does it start? I finish work at around 530. Smile
Offline AndyC77  
#38 Posted : 11 July 2017 18:31:03(UTC)
AndyC77

Latest posting says 7.00 - 9.00
Offline Tanim  
#39 Posted : 11 July 2017 22:24:00(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: AndyC77 Go to Quoted Post
Latest posting says 7.00 - 9.00

I'll see if I can make it after work, would be great to meet and greet as I'm about to buy one.

I wonder if there's any update from Paul as if this happens to mine I'll most likely return it within a week.
Offline PaulR  
#40 Posted : 17 July 2017 21:34:25(UTC)
PaulR

Sorry just seen the updates here, the person from RCS who was dealing with my issue has left the company.

The issue is still with France apparently, no update given to me other then it's being investigated.
I'd suggest when you view the car, get it somewhere quiet and listen for the noise, or press your ear up against the speakers.

Best of luck
Offline Tanim  
#41 Posted : 19 July 2017 15:00:13(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: PaulR Go to Quoted Post
Sorry just seen the updates here, the person from RCS who was dealing with my issue has left the company.

The issue is still with France apparently, no update given to me other then it's being investigated.
I'd suggest when you view the car, get it somewhere quiet and listen for the noise, or press your ear up against the speakers.

Best of luck

Thanks Paul, fingers crossed. It's really unacceptable to think that after paying so much for a brand new hatch customers are treated in such manner. First they tried to fob us off and now the waiting. My wife bought a new BMW and she was told that it comes with 14 days return policy. I know you are past that time but surely the dealership would offer technical support or at least hire third party electrical engineers to have a look at it.
Offline PaulR  
#42 Posted : 19 July 2017 21:05:00(UTC)
PaulR

Yup 3 months in now, the first time I took it into the garage it was rejected because the issue was described as being "traffic updates through speaker" I can't say if this is the garages communication error or the technical side messing up. The second time it was described to me as being a natural phenomenon but no mention of a follow up from technical (after I phoned my RCS representative I found out it's actually being investigated)

Apart from the communication issues post sale, I would say the garage I got the car from was great.
The damage to the alloy was frustrating because my lack of pre collection I couldn't prove it was done before or after I drove it away (lesson learned)

But agreed all technicalities aside, it's frustrating to receive a new car that has issues you are having to push to resolve.
Offline Tanim  
#43 Posted : 20 July 2017 07:27:15(UTC)
Tanim

I really hope they do get this sorted out for you. I'm tend to believe the dealership was plain lazy and wanted not to take all the hassle, very poor effort and deserve to be complained about the people who dealt with this. If they or any other garage has a 220T demo with R-Link then would be great to have a test drive and listen out for the noise, just in case it's a widespread issue.
Offline PaulR  
#44 Posted : 07 October 2017 15:33:52(UTC)
PaulR

No update as of yet for anybody else still suffering the issue.
Offline MicahGTi  
#45 Posted : 09 October 2017 08:20:56(UTC)
MicahGTi

I have the Bose system and mine also makes the noise from the left hand speaker. I've learned to ignore it now and don't notice it - you can't hear it when you're manual shifting in RS mode ;)
Offline Tanim  
#46 Posted : 09 October 2017 08:34:17(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: MicahGTi Go to Quoted Post
I have the Bose system and mine also makes the noise from the left hand speaker. I've learned to ignore it now and don't notice it - you can't hear it when you're manual shifting in RS mode ;)

I'd have though you won't either, special courtesy of Akrapovic I'm guessing Cool
Offline MicahGTi  
#47 Posted : 09 October 2017 09:43:37(UTC)
MicahGTi

Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post

I'd have though you won't either, special courtesy of Akrapovic I'm guessing Cool

Nope! Just standard Smile
Offline Tanim  
#48 Posted : 09 October 2017 12:02:37(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post

Nope! Just standard Smile

Shocked
Offline PaulR  
#49 Posted : 09 October 2017 21:22:49(UTC)
PaulR

Seems to be a fair few people with the issue, I've had the car around 6 months now and have gotten pretty used to it - If the throttlebody noise wasn't present through the acoustic valve when stationary it would be driving people mad. It's only really noticeable when start stop kicks in.
Offline beh  
#50 Posted : 19 April 2018 19:34:48(UTC)
beh

I have similar issue on left side, LHD. Since my is 2018 it seems like it wasn't sorted out by Renault :(