Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vimto  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2017 15:41:08(UTC)
vimto

Got my RS Megane 275 cups serviced at a main dealer on Saturday.

Driving home from work on the A1 on Wednesday at 70mph when the Engine offloaded all its oil along the outside lane.

Long story short the dealer hadnt tightened the sump plug. Renault service came out and reattached the plug and filled the engine back up with nearly 6 ltrs of oil ( which i had to walk to get and pay for )

While under the bonnet we also discovered a magnetic pickup 1mtr long which had been left dangeling from the underside of my bonnet.

The dealer has apoligised and offered to pay for the oil. also arranged for me to take to another dealer were they made sure the plug was attached tightly and jetwash the oil off the car.

Car now not running smooth and idles like a knacked old Subaru.

Spoke to customers services and they can only offer that they are given time to try and fix the car. Have it running like it was before i took it in for its 1st oil change.

Can anyone advise who to speak too. Renault dont seem to care what a massive financial and inconvience this could be to me
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2017 15:58:19(UTC)
MrVix

Firstly I trust someone advised the authorities that you have had a large oil spillage on the road, it could cause a motorcyclists some serious problems.

If RUK and dealer wont play ball just put it in the hands of your Solicitors, that will make them jump. I would be looking for a full fix and a decent chunk of compensation. Good luck.

Offline mark@rawlinson  
#3 Posted : 12 May 2017 16:04:33(UTC)
mark@rawlinson

Give them chance to fix it first, then go from there

things unfortunately do go wrong from time to time, its how its handled from then on that makes the difference, let them try and right it first
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#4 Posted : 12 May 2017 16:35:22(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: vimto Go to Quoted Post

Driving home from work on the A1 on Wednesday at 70mph when the Engine offloaded all its oil along the outside lane.

Long story short the dealer hadnt tightened the sump plug. Renault service came out and reattached the plug and filled the engine back up with nearly 6 ltrs of oil ( which i had to walk to get and pay for )

While under the bonnet we also discovered a magnetic pickup 1mtr long which had been left dangeling from the underside of my bonnet.

The dealer has apoligised and offered to pay for the oil. also arranged for me to take to another dealer were they made sure the plug was attached tightly and jetwash the oil off the car.

Spoke to customers services and they can only offer that they are given time to try and fix the car. Have it running like it was before i took it in for its 1st oil change.

Can anyone advise who to speak too. Renault dont seem to care what a massive financial and inconvience this could be to me

Sorry to hear your experience. So you've spoken to our customer services team?

Offline vimto  
#5 Posted : 12 May 2017 17:06:54(UTC)
vimto

Yes Jeremy i have.
He was very polite and listened to my grivences. Then came back and said that mistakes happen and the dealership is very sorry. willing to give the car a through inspection and transfere me the money for the oil within 3 working days.
Offline vimto  
#6 Posted : 12 May 2017 17:11:07(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Firstly I trust someone advised the authorities that you have had a large oil spillage on the road, it could cause a motorcyclists some serious problems.

If RUK and dealer wont play ball just put it in the hands of your Solicitors, that will make them jump. I would be looking for a full fix and a decent chunk of compensation. Good luck.

i think im going to need alot of Luck Mr Vix. I suppose i should count myself lucky that i or someone behind me wasnt involved in a accident.
Luckley most of the oil was dumped in a great big pile on my drive way
Offline vimto  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2017 17:16:36(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: mark@rawlinson Go to Quoted Post
Give them chance to fix it first, then go from there

things unfortunately do go wrong from time to time, its how its handled from then on that makes the difference, let them try and right it first

i agree. The car was checked over yesterday. This involved a tightening of the sump plug, a 1 mile drive and a jetwash and wipe with a dirty sponge.

On my drive home i noticed a big hicup as the tubo came on boost, were i thought it was going to cut out and incresed harsness between 4 - 5000rpm. sounds like a thrashed Ford CVH engine of old
Offline foxspeed  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2017 19:05:05(UTC)
foxspeed

you will be lucky if it hasnt started to pick up on the mains & big end bearings....it may start to rumble before it gives up!!!

i would be wanting a new engine!

mistakes happen yes...but fundamental easy bits ie tighten the blooming sump plug SHOULD never happen not as if theres much to do on a megane service these days - did they have your wheels off??? best check your nuts Angry
Offline vimto  
#9 Posted : 12 May 2017 19:49:38(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: foxspeed Go to Quoted Post
you will be lucky if it hasnt started to pick up on the mains & big end bearings....it may start to rumble before it gives up!!!

i would be wanting a new engine!

mistakes happen yes...but fundamental easy bits ie tighten the blooming sump plug SHOULD never happen not as if theres much to do on a megane service these days - did they have your wheels off??? best check your nuts Angry

They did. Disapprove they also measured the tread depths at 7/7/7/9mm on tires that ive mesured at 3/3/4/6mm at best.

i have checked the wheel nuts as best i can
Offline Jp825  
#10 Posted : 12 May 2017 20:26:10(UTC)
Jp825

that's terrible from Renault. Hope you get it sorted.

Which dealer is this?
Offline titian  
#11 Posted : 12 May 2017 22:02:17(UTC)
titian

About 8 years ago my friend had his golf R32 do the same thing after a service (was 2 years old at the time),he was worried , but the car is still going strong. He turned the engine of as soon as the light came on​,this was from a main dealer vw

Edited by user 12 May 2017 22:03:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shocker  
#12 Posted : 13 May 2017 20:37:01(UTC)
shocker

Name the dealer please
Offline vimto  
#13 Posted : 22 May 2017 15:23:11(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post

Yes Jeremy have spoke to Customer service.

Nice chap but wasn't able to help at all.

last conversation we had was Friday afternoon. Waited 2 days for his call. He called when it wasnt conviaent for me.

asked if he could cal me back after 4pm. He said that he is busy and it would be best i tried again.

Offline vimto  
#14 Posted : 22 May 2017 15:24:57(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: shocker Go to Quoted Post
Name the dealer please

Motorvougue

Offline markyboy  
#15 Posted : 23 May 2017 19:13:16(UTC)
markyboy

I'd be wanting an oil analysis carried out independently to see if it's knackerd the bottom end bearings how long did it run without oil ? You won't want big end failure in a few thousand miles and the dealer washing there hands
Offline vimto  
#16 Posted : 24 May 2017 11:13:15(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: markyboy Go to Quoted Post
I'd be wanting an oil analysis carried out independently to see if it's knackerd the bottom end bearings how long did it run without oil ? You won't want big end failure in a few thousand miles and the dealer washing there hands

Hopefully it didnt run at all without any oil.

dumped the whole 6 ltrs and about 2 ltrs on my driveway.
Offline vimto  
#17 Posted : 24 May 2017 11:17:10(UTC)
vimto

Just got a voicemail from customer service. They are going to close this case file if i dont except the offer by Friday. have tried calling 3 times last week. always busy.
did ask to call me back after 4 when i could talk. was told that he was very busy and far easier for me to call back

Offline shocker  
#18 Posted : 24 May 2017 12:06:05(UTC)
shocker

Accept only a new engine

I once had a spanner left under my bonnet by a garage and it fell down and rattled under the car and out the back , I stopped to see what it was and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a 13mm Snapon spanner
No damage done and I now have a very nice 13mm in my box
Offline vimto  
#19 Posted : 24 May 2017 12:11:01(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: shocker Go to Quoted Post
Accept only a new engine

I once had a spanner left under my bonnet by a garage and it fell down and rattled under the car and out the back , I stopped to see what it was and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a 13mm Snapon spanner
No damage done and I now have a very nice 13mm in my box

no were near what the are offering, complete oppersite. its more along the lines as the car is still in warranty, if anything happens later on it will be fixed under that.

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#20 Posted : 24 May 2017 16:04:36(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Just got a voicemail from customer service. They are going to close this case file if i dont except the offer by Friday. have tried calling 3 times last week. always busy.
did ask to call me back after 4 when i could talk. was told that he was very busy and far easier for me to call back

Have you tried emailing them?
Offline vimto  
#21 Posted : 24 May 2017 17:57:05(UTC)
vimto

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post

Have you tried emailing them?

Not emailed, i have texted the mobile no i was given, the same one that he texted me on.
Offline Jp825  
#22 Posted : 24 May 2017 20:04:56(UTC)
Jp825

My experience from Renault customer service so far has been nothing but useless